MTV Half-Blood Prince Preview: New Video Interview with Emma Watson, Dan Radcliffe Talks Snape

HBP Film
April 24, 2009, 07:37 AM

As promised, MTV has now released their Summer Movie Preview of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, including 4 new video interviews with actress Emma Watson and actor Dan Radcliffe. In the videos, Emma discusses her character of Hermione Granger and the emotions when dealing with Ron and his new girlfriend. Dan Radcliffe delves in a bit more on Harry Potter and the character of Snape in HBP, played by Alan Rickman.

Also at this link, MTV has posted a new interview with producer David Heyman, where he talks the casting of Slughorn, played by Oscar winning actor Jim Broadbent. "He was absolutely our first choice," Heyman recalled. "You look at Jim's eyes, and you can read so much into them." What there also is besides great drama is great humor and great humanity," he said. According to Heyman, nailing Slughorn's casting was crucial to balancing out those dimensions in the sixth movie."We wanted Slughorn to be a source of humor," the producer said. "You wanted a character who had airs of grandeur but at the same time was really sympathetic and tragic."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

30305_116079131768789_113664342010268_91277_1312318_s_thumb

the third video doesn’t work…mmh…

Posted by Rita_Dumbledore94 on April 24, 2009, 12:30 PM report to moderator
30305_116079131768789_113664342010268_91277_1312318_s_thumb

the third video doesn’t work…mmh…

Posted by Rita_Dumbledore94 on April 24, 2009, 12:30 PM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

Dan Radcliffe never fails to impress me. He’s always so insightful and interesting in interviews. I think I’ve fallen in love.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on April 24, 2009, 12:48 PM report to moderator

I agree KB Prez! Really liked the interview, although I wish they would be longer.
Btw, I’m from Europe and I can watch them so maybe the problem is a lot of people are trying to watch it at the same time?

Posted by ethanHP on April 24, 2009, 12:51 PM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

Oh I’m so frustrated with not being able to watch them in the UK, can someone do a transcript for us? Please please please…

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on April 24, 2009, 12:53 PM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

Oh! the videos are soooo short! Dan and Emma are great (as they always are))))!

Posted by Pollytomat on April 24, 2009, 01:59 PM report to moderator
Littleburrow_thumb

There has to be something wrong on their end for the third one not working.

Posted by decarus on April 24, 2009, 02:04 PM report to moderator
001_thumb

I`m from Finland and I can see the videos but the sound is so bad it´s hard to hear what they are saying.

Posted by saffran { roar } on April 24, 2009, 02:46 PM report to moderator

I want more.

Posted by badger666 on April 24, 2009, 03:01 PM report to moderator
Lunaavvie4_thumb

Darn, won’t play in Canada. I was all excited to come home and watch this, too.

Posted by katem4 on April 24, 2009, 03:26 PM report to moderator
4656_1105780456589_1589123784_30248503_5726170_n_thumb

LOVE IT!!!! dan is SO hot

Posted by theREALGinnyWeasley on April 24, 2009, 04:58 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

I can’t wait to see this movie! It kind of sucks that we can’t see video 3, but the others were great! I think the “better keeper” Emma is referring to is Cormac MacLaggen…I can’t wait to see him in the movie, the actor that plays him is really sexy!!! And I think most people picked up on the fact that Snape and Harry hate each other in movie 1. It’s kind of obvious, but it’s nice to know that they continued that in movie 6.

Posted by cghambright on April 24, 2009, 05:54 PM report to moderator
Leaky_ron_icon_thumb
20305 Points

LOVE IT! _

Posted by friendofblob on April 24, 2009, 06:08 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

That didn’t really tell us too much. . . I just hope they get this movie right! :/

Posted by BeAchL0veEr05 ☼ on April 24, 2009, 06:13 PM report to moderator
1980 Points

thats great!!

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on April 24, 2009, 07:21 PM report to moderator

The school nurse had seen what Aunt Petunia's eyes -- so sharp when it came to spotting fingerprints on her gleaming walls, and in observing the comings and goings of the neighbors -- simply refused to see: that far from needing extra nourishment, Dudley