Attention Students: Report to Mandrake Potting at Harry Potter, the Exhibition

Movies
April 25, 2009, 07:53 PM

A reminder that later this week, Harry Potter, the Exhibition is due to open at the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry. As we've reported many times before, this traveling exhibition will feature props and sets used in the Harry Potter films. Last February we told you fans attending this exhibit will be able to walk on a Quidditch pitch, and see Hagrid's Hut. Today, the Museum let us know their website has been updated with a brand new detailed guide, plus new photos of how the exhibit will look, including a peek at the Gryffindor Common Room, costumes worn during Quidditch World Cup in Goblet of Fire and more. New are details about the Great Hall, Hagrid's Hut  Magical Creatures (Beware of the Horn Tail Dragon and Aragog!) and special Hands On events. Harry Potter fans and guests at the exhibit will now be able to throw a Quaffle, and report to Herbology Class to pull a Mandrake plant, just like we saw in Chamber of Secrets in Herbology class with Hufflepuff Head Professor Sprout. Tickets for the Exhibition are now available; the event runs April 30-September 27th. A  press preview night is being held this Wednesday, and TLC's own Edward will be there to bring you all the details, stay tuned!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Mini02px6_thumb

this is soooo exciting :D
im hopefully going end of may but it doesnt look so good now. fingers are crossed for early june <3

Posted by Katie Skatie Potatie on April 26, 2009, 12:19 AM report to moderator
Slytherin_cropped_thumb

I really think I need to visit my relatives in Chicago and just happen to have to go see this with them.

Posted by Wendy McCoury on April 26, 2009, 12:31 AM report to moderator
Chilly_willy_thumb

I thought I couldn’t get more excited, but now I am. I am so glad we decided to take our family vacation to Chicago this summer!!!!!!

Posted by snapester on April 26, 2009, 12:57 AM report to moderator
Chilly_willy_thumb

Posted by snapester on April 26, 2009, 12:57 AM report to moderator
Nymphadora_6_thumb

OMG, i wish I could go. I really really want to, but I need to get there by plane, and from Australia, it will be lots of money, and I don’t have that kind of money to get there. Oh I wish I could go, it would be so much fun doing all kinds of things from Harry Potter! Oh I wish…..

Posted by HPfan13 on April 26, 2009, 12:59 AM report to moderator
Hpsssorting_thumb

Wow that sounds so cool!

Posted by TheSortingHat[ROAR] on April 26, 2009, 02:25 AM report to moderator
Micleakyavatar_thumb

Cool. If only it could came to South Africa….

Posted by shellymione {WBM} on April 26, 2009, 02:53 AM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

Wow! I am jealous! :(

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on April 26, 2009, 03:27 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

awesome! awesome! awesome!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on April 26, 2009, 04:15 AM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

I am a bit worried about safety precautions, because in the mandrake potting picture, none of the children are wearing ear muffs!

Posted by roonwit on April 26, 2009, 04:16 AM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

it’s so creative!!!! I hope it’ll arrive in Moscow one day! Please!!!! :)

Posted by Pollytomat on April 26, 2009, 04:45 AM report to moderator
Dsc03936_thumb

in a way it looks a little bit creepy because normally you get exhabitions that are about people a long time ago, i dunno it just look slighty scarey i think. interesting though, wish i could go to America and see it.

Posted by Hannah18 on April 26, 2009, 04:57 AM report to moderator

anyone who has the chance to go there is soooo lucky. ;)

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on April 26, 2009, 06:46 AM report to moderator
36090_413317180969_787035969_4440390_4514136_n_thumb

sigh I’m pretty sure NOT “coming to a museum near you”, here in South Carolina! But I’d LOVE to go!

Posted by Confederate Lady [CL, Rawwrrrr] on April 26, 2009, 06:49 AM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

Woot! I live by chicago!

Posted by BlackCat13 on April 26, 2009, 07:12 AM report to moderator

Ron was busy building a card castle out of his Exploding Snap pack -- a much more interesting pastime than with Muggle cards, because of the chance that the whole thing would blow up at any second.[br]...he placed the last two cards on top of the castle a

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014