Attention Students: Report to Mandrake Potting at Harry Potter, the Exhibition

Movies
April 25, 2009, 07:53 PM

A reminder that later this week, Harry Potter, the Exhibition is due to open at the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry. As we've reported many times before, this traveling exhibition will feature props and sets used in the Harry Potter films. Last February we told you fans attending this exhibit will be able to walk on a Quidditch pitch, and see Hagrid's Hut. Today, the Museum let us know their website has been updated with a brand new detailed guide, plus new photos of how the exhibit will look, including a peek at the Gryffindor Common Room, costumes worn during Quidditch World Cup in Goblet of Fire and more. New are details about the Great Hall, Hagrid's Hut  Magical Creatures (Beware of the Horn Tail Dragon and Aragog!) and special Hands On events. Harry Potter fans and guests at the exhibit will now be able to throw a Quaffle, and report to Herbology Class to pull a Mandrake plant, just like we saw in Chamber of Secrets in Herbology class with Hufflepuff Head Professor Sprout. Tickets for the Exhibition are now available; the event runs April 30-September 27th. A  press preview night is being held this Wednesday, and TLC's own Edward will be there to bring you all the details, stay tuned!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Small_wizard_rock_page_logo_thumb

I really hope they bring it to the Uck!!!!

Posted by Neil in Scotland * ROAR! * on April 26, 2009, 07:24 AM report to moderator
Phpyyqy43_c2am_thumb

Museum of Science and Industry has always been the coolest museum - never stuffy or boring. I have so many happy memories of field trips there when I was growing up! Now I have tickets for May 11th — WOO HOO!!!!

Posted by weasleywannabe1997 on April 26, 2009, 07:24 AM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

OMG this is going to be sooo cool. I wish I could go. :*(

IF SOMEONE SEES THIS COMMENT AND KNOWS THIS IS COMING TO THE UK, CAN THEY PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE OWL ME!!!! (PLEASE!!!!)

60c9c9ed966148bcbf9c4a4258e60858_1__thumb

that is so cool

Posted by FrancescaElle on April 26, 2009, 08:51 AM report to moderator
Mac3_thumb
1925 Points

that looks really cool i hope they bring it close to were i live!

Posted by Parkinsonpansy on April 26, 2009, 10:00 AM report to moderator
Mac3_thumb
1925 Points

that looks really cool i hope they bring it close to were i live!

Posted by Parkinsonpansy on April 26, 2009, 10:00 AM report to moderator
Mac3_thumb
1925 Points

that looks really cool i hope they bring it close to were i live!

Posted by Parkinsonpansy on April 26, 2009, 10:00 AM report to moderator
30305_116079131768789_113664342010268_91277_1312318_s_thumb

-… I wish I could go!…

Posted by Rita_Dumbledore94 on April 26, 2009, 11:46 AM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

GAH. I wish I could go! It would be so POTTA-mazing.

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on April 26, 2009, 12:30 PM report to moderator
Leaky_ron_icon_thumb
20305 Points

I’m so happy!! I live in chicago! WHOOO! I’m forcing my dad to read the books so he won’t get angry at being there for hours with me and my friends! It’ll be so cool!

Posted by friendofblob on April 26, 2009, 12:47 PM report to moderator
Lilly_thumb

If it is traveling wherebare the places that it’s going? I can’t find it. Someone send me and owl for the link. Thanks

Posted by Lilly-Angel1 on April 26, 2009, 01:15 PM report to moderator
Iconator_dea697cd87becd1283213b46f798b87b_thumb

omg! I wish I could go! It looks soooo great!

Posted by Wendelin the Weird on April 26, 2009, 03:58 PM report to moderator

Sounds so awesome.

Posted by badger666 on April 26, 2009, 05:32 PM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

I cannot wait until it comes to NYC (I hope)!

Posted by Garden State Geek on April 26, 2009, 07:05 PM report to moderator
Greathornedowl_thumb

Wow, this sounds way more interactive than I thought it would be. It almost sounds like a mini-visit to the HP theme park. Cool!

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on April 26, 2009, 08:20 PM report to moderator

"Harry..." whispered the figure of Cedric, "take my body back, will you? Take my body back to my parents..."[br]"I will," said Harry, his face screwed up with the effort of holding the wand.