Australian Fans to See Theatrical Re-Release of Harry Potter Films Before Half-Blood Prince

Movies
April 26, 2009, 10:31 AM

Fans in Australia will be able to watch all the Harry Potter films on the big screen again as part of the build up to the release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Longtime TLC reader Donna let us know that starting June 11, Hoyts movie theaters will be screening Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. This will be followed with re-releases of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on June 18, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban on June 25, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire starts July 2, with Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix due to screen July 9th. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will then open in Australia on July 15.

Thanks Donna!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

215445454554_thumb

the channel please, http://potterish-live.blogspot.com

Posted by nandodez on April 26, 2009, 11:33 AM report to moderator
I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

That would be cool if they did them everywhere – they’d get a lot of profit from that, haha. I probably couldn’t pay to see them all though, lol.

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on April 26, 2009, 11:43 AM report to moderator
Minerva_mcgonagall_thumb

What a great idea… wonder if anyone around here will think to do that… I’d be so there!

Posted by oldenoughtoknowbetter♎ROAR♎OoM1, CW on April 26, 2009, 11:45 AM report to moderator
Minerva_mcgonagall_thumb

3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

That’s sooo cool! I wish they’ll do it all over the world! Pleasseee! :D

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on April 26, 2009, 11:49 AM report to moderator
Bearcry_thumb

Yay Aussie fans get awesomeness at last! YAY!

Posted by A Tackier Pink on April 26, 2009, 12:08 PM report to moderator
Lianne_2_thumb

Wish they would do that here. I’ve only ever watched OotP in the big screen once. Certainly not consistent with my watching the films several times in the theaters.

But I seriously doubt it. With new local and foreign films coming out every week. I doubt if Philippine cinemas would go through the trouble and costs of showing all past 5 movies.

Sigh…

Posted by ane_drew on April 26, 2009, 12:10 PM report to moderator
Bringonbluesky_108-3copy_thumb

Awesome idea! :)

Posted by anisia on April 26, 2009, 12:20 PM report to moderator
Imagescad1mlxa_thumb

i may have to move there :)

Posted by muggle..andproudofit =:) on April 26, 2009, 12:20 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

!! ugh i wish they’d do that here! they’re so lucky. sighhh if only lol

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on April 26, 2009, 12:32 PM report to moderator
Leaky_ron_icon_thumb
20305 Points

I should totally have a party and watch all of them the go see the movie at midnight. (or ‘sugest’ to my friend to do it since she has all the movies!) then agian can’t sit THAT long…maybe every day leading up to it. Not at midnight…my teachers would kill me.

Posted by friendofblob on April 26, 2009, 12:43 PM report to moderator
Weasleycar_thumb

Very cool! I was thinking they ought to do something like this before the final film comes out!

Posted by But Hagrid... on April 26, 2009, 12:52 PM report to moderator
Fef_efe_thumb

Lucky. I hope they do that close to where I live (but they wont)…or one epic re-release of all of them (when the last part of DH is released) like they did with the LOTR trilogy.

Posted by DilltheMuggle on April 26, 2009, 12:57 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I wish that we could enjoy this opportunity over here in the states!

Posted by Kirk on April 26, 2009, 01:17 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_thumb

I think US theaters should do that when DH part II comes out!

Posted by tubaturtle on April 26, 2009, 01:31 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

Trying to answer a question with Hermione next to him, bobbing up and down on the balls of her feet with her hand in the air, was very off-putting...