Australian Fans to See Theatrical Re-Release of Harry Potter Films Before Half-Blood Prince

Movies
April 26, 2009, 10:31 AM

Fans in Australia will be able to watch all the Harry Potter films on the big screen again as part of the build up to the release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Longtime TLC reader Donna let us know that starting June 11, Hoyts movie theaters will be screening Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. This will be followed with re-releases of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on June 18, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban on June 25, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire starts July 2, with Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix due to screen July 9th. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will then open in Australia on July 15.

Thanks Donna!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Thats awesome!! Not sure if I’ll definitely see them all, since I have them all on DVD and hoyts gets expensive…it could be more fun to have a few friends over the few days before the release of HBP and have a massive HP marathon of all the movies. But still good knowing they’re getting re-released at the movies, I might go see my favourite, you cant say no to the big screen!

Posted by Bella ~ROAR~ on April 27, 2009, 05:38 AM report to moderator
Lunanargles_thumb

i don’t have hoyts in my city :(

Posted by calliet2b4g on April 27, 2009, 05:49 AM report to moderator
Caribbean_palms_thumb

Mwahaha!!!!! Australia Rules! : )

Posted by Jar Of Dirt on April 27, 2009, 05:55 AM report to moderator
Caribbean_palms_thumb

Oh damn! Just realised don’t have any Hoyts cinemas in my state : (

Posted by Jar Of Dirt on April 27, 2009, 05:58 AM report to moderator
Iconator_1219385d1bc508ea565d4c902a6f052d_thumb

Thats just so amazing

Posted by Kara000 ~ROAR~ on April 27, 2009, 06:06 AM report to moderator
Photo_343_thumb

yay i am going to see them all :)

Posted by B {WBM} on April 27, 2009, 06:26 AM report to moderator

i wish they would do that in england!!

Posted by Freya-Storm on April 27, 2009, 07:05 AM report to moderator

OK, I have 2 words for all the Australians out there (and anyone else lucky to be in Australia at this time): So Jealous!

Posted by hufflepuff_86 [OTC] on April 27, 2009, 07:41 AM report to moderator

I’m in Australia and I just hope they don’t charge full tote odds for the tickets. Here an adult movie ticket is $16 and for those of us on a limited income that is just too far out of the budgetry range. But I can’t wait to see Philosophers Stne on the big screen again it’ll be a blast!

Yay for Australia!

Posted by NutsAboutHarry on April 27, 2009, 09:19 AM report to moderator

i am sooooo envious. If they do the same in the US it will probably be at major cities—would I travel to see them—well, depending on the distance—ABSOLUTELY!

Posted by moe miron on April 27, 2009, 09:31 AM report to moderator
108_thumb

I am so happy for them. I too hope they do something like this in the US. I didn’t get to see the first movie in theaters and it would be awesome!

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on April 27, 2009, 09:55 AM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

That’s such a cool idea. Lucky them. Wish the UK would do something like that. :) :)

Dsc00399_thumb

What?! This is insane, they should do this in the UK!!! :O

Posted by Jemj ROAR! on April 27, 2009, 11:51 AM report to moderator
Voila_thumb

Ohhh lucky! Ah well, the rest of us will just watch them at home and/or re-read. :D

Posted by maera-kyrie on April 27, 2009, 12:48 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

awwwww that is soooooo cool!!!! im lucky!! i think ive seen all of them in the cinema. i saw the philospophers stone when i was like 5 or 6. i think i saw it at the movies but i cant remember…… yes i did see it!!!! i asked my dad and i went with my bro, his wife and my sister.

they were soooooooooooooo cool at the cinema!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! squee!!! cant wait til HBP comes out!!!!!!!

"Is it those mad horse things?" said Ron uncertainly, staring at a point slightly to the left of the thestral Harry was patting. "Those ones you can't see unless you've watched someone snuff it?"