JK Rowling to Attend Harry Potter, the Exhibit?

Movies
April 26, 2009, 07:38 AM

Following on our report from last night, previews begin today for Harry Potter, the Exhibit. NWI is giving a few new details on the event, and noted that Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling reviewed the plans for the massive exhibit, which features over 200 props and sets seen in the Harry Potter films. The president of the Exhibit group is quoted as saying "Rowling reviewed the exhibit plans and may try to see the show during its five-month run. "She's got a very, very active schedule," Newquist cautioned." TLC is trying to learn more about this possible visit, and will update with more when we can.

While yesterday we learned of the new guide and photos, here, today new details about the Exhibit itself include: Fans visiting the event will be greeted by the Hogwarts Express
( "so you feel like you've arrived at Hogwarts," one source said.) Also, there will be floating candles in the Great Halls set display, Professor Slughorn's costume will be added from Half-Blood Prince, and there are to be video interviews with the special-effects teams and costume designers playing in various points of the exhibit.

Finally, the paper notes: "The museum will host Snape-worthy chemistry labs during the show's run. Children also can dissect owl pellets, and test their senses of smell and taste by sampling Bertie Bott-style jelly beans. Happily, grumpy Prof. Snape will not be in attendance to rap wayward pupils' heads. Since Warner Bros. Consumer Products is backing the exhibit, expect the show to exit into a giant gift shop."

Harry Potter, the Exhibit is taking place at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago running April 30 - September 27 and is open 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sundays. NO cameras are being allowed in the Exhibit. Advance reservations are strongly encouraged due to high demand. You can purchase tickets via this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Ughhh. So they’re flying all the props over from England to Chicago when just as many people would go to see it here as they would there? Smart.

Posted by JoRowlingRocks on April 26, 2009, 09:50 AM report to moderator
Mac3_thumb
1925 Points

Aw I wish i could attend. especially when J.K Rowling is there.

Posted by Parkinsonpansy on April 26, 2009, 09:58 AM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

Picture it: Being in the exhibit which would be SQUEEEE enough, but to have JKR there on the same day? I would die and go to HP heaven.

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on April 26, 2009, 10:03 AM report to moderator
Hermionehb_thumb

Agreeing with the people who want it in the UK. I would be willing to fly there to see it but the USA is a bit too far away….

Posted by Salame on April 26, 2009, 10:27 AM report to moderator

Looks like I’ll be taking a road trip to Chicago.

Posted by BMcFly1 on April 26, 2009, 10:28 AM report to moderator
Normal_dh_stills_0001_thumb

no camera? NO CAMERA? sigh I was hoping to take with me some wonderful memories =(
oh well, super excited, hopefully going in June!

Posted by HPandtheDA007 on April 26, 2009, 11:04 AM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

GAH! My older cousin’s in Chigago for college. I wish I was in Chigago!!

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on April 26, 2009, 11:08 AM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

oh i hope she comes! during memorial day weekend JO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on April 26, 2009, 11:10 AM report to moderator
Me1_thumb

Dude WTH NO CAMERA?! Ughhh but what about for memories and stuff? :(

Posted by Jesicurz93 on April 26, 2009, 11:23 AM report to moderator
30305_116079131768789_113664342010268_91277_1312318_s_thumb

I really want to go to that, but I can’t because I live in Italy :-(

Posted by Rita_Dumbledore94 on April 26, 2009, 11:34 AM report to moderator

no cameras allowed…darn. well, then people will have to describe to me!

Posted by on April 26, 2009, 11:44 AM report to moderator
Minerva_mcgonagall_thumb

I would love to meet her, but knowing me I’d just stand there like a Blibbering Humdinger and not be able to utter a coherent word let alone sentence!

Posted by oldenoughtoknowbetter♎ROAR♎OoM1, CW on April 26, 2009, 11:54 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Well, this confirms my trip to Chicago. Lol. But seriously… I’m so sad. I live a state away and I didn’t even buy a ticket yet. Who do I think I am?!!?

Posted by Christine on April 26, 2009, 12:10 PM report to moderator
Smartgirlsrule_thumb

Maybe she’ll visit during the US premiere of Half-Blood Prince? I’ll definitely be going this summer. I’m bummed we can’t take pictures though. :(

Posted by phoenixphire24 (ROAR!!!) on April 26, 2009, 12:11 PM report to moderator
Imagescad1mlxa_thumb

too bad it ’s in Chicago :(
if only it were in GA

Posted by muggle..andproudofit =:) on April 26, 2009, 12:23 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Harry, I've left a letter telling your aunt and uncle not to worry --"[br]"They won't," said Harry.[br]"That you're safe --"[br]"That'll just depress them."[br]"--and you'll see them next summer."[br]"Do I have to?"[br]Lupin smiled but made no answer.