JK Rowling to Attend Harry Potter, the Exhibit?

Movies
April 26, 2009, 07:38 AM

Following on our report from last night, previews begin today for Harry Potter, the Exhibit. NWI is giving a few new details on the event, and noted that Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling reviewed the plans for the massive exhibit, which features over 200 props and sets seen in the Harry Potter films. The president of the Exhibit group is quoted as saying "Rowling reviewed the exhibit plans and may try to see the show during its five-month run. "She's got a very, very active schedule," Newquist cautioned." TLC is trying to learn more about this possible visit, and will update with more when we can.

While yesterday we learned of the new guide and photos, here, today new details about the Exhibit itself include: Fans visiting the event will be greeted by the Hogwarts Express
( "so you feel like you've arrived at Hogwarts," one source said.) Also, there will be floating candles in the Great Halls set display, Professor Slughorn's costume will be added from Half-Blood Prince, and there are to be video interviews with the special-effects teams and costume designers playing in various points of the exhibit.

Finally, the paper notes: "The museum will host Snape-worthy chemistry labs during the show's run. Children also can dissect owl pellets, and test their senses of smell and taste by sampling Bertie Bott-style jelly beans. Happily, grumpy Prof. Snape will not be in attendance to rap wayward pupils' heads. Since Warner Bros. Consumer Products is backing the exhibit, expect the show to exit into a giant gift shop."

Harry Potter, the Exhibit is taking place at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago running April 30 - September 27 and is open 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sundays. NO cameras are being allowed in the Exhibit. Advance reservations are strongly encouraged due to high demand. You can purchase tickets via this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Wish I could go!

Posted by badger666 on April 26, 2009, 05:29 PM report to moderator
Msn_thumb

Sounds awesome!!! I hope I can go… Far though :( Hmmm…

Posted by HermioneRon4ever on April 26, 2009, 05:32 PM report to moderator
Msn_thumb

Sounds awesome!!! I hope I can go… Far though :( Hmmm…

Posted by HermioneRon4ever on April 26, 2009, 05:33 PM report to moderator
Laughing_dan_thumb
2027 Points

sque!!!!!!! my cousins live in chicago and over the summer we always go over there and im there for a week with nothing to do BUTBUTBUT when i heard about this i asked my mom about going and she was lik “DUH!”. oh the joys of haveing a mother just as obsessed with harry potter as you are :D

Posted by sunlitdays (ROAR) on April 26, 2009, 06:07 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Hopefully, other museums will want it, and the collection will tour all over the world! How about Tokyo?? (After the UK, of course!)

Ilzairspar_thumb

I just got home after seeing the exhibit, thanks to the member’s only two day event going on today and tomorrow.

I can say this without any reservations. I don’t care how you do it, GET YOURSELF TO THE EXHIBITION!. It is amazing and worth far more than the $18 the ticket costs (I recommend getting the Audio Tour as well, very informative)

My father went with me to MSI and he (someone who hasn’t read the books and can barely remember the movies) enjoyed it immensely.

Posted by Ilzairspar on April 26, 2009, 08:49 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

I want to go so much!

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on April 26, 2009, 09:04 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_prisoner_of_azkaban_avatar_thumb

Not to seem like i’m moaning about it, but maybe they should do more stuff like this in the UK where the actual fan base first started, they only seem to do this kind of stuff in America and it does get a bit annoying that whoever’s organizing these things only seems to cater to american fans only.

Posted by Huddz on April 26, 2009, 09:11 PM report to moderator
Photo-103336_thumb_thumb

omg! i’m going to be that annoying visitor who just stands in front of everything for hours just trying to take everything in!! Boo on no cameras but i understand everyone would simply be standing around posing…

Would anyone have a suggestion as to when is a good time to visit the Museum? (day of the week ie: monday is better versus Sat, and what time is good? like morning versus after noon….i’m close to booking an airplane ticket to chicago! eeee!!) or any other helpful chicago info please?

Posted by Phlegm dela Coeur on April 26, 2009, 09:57 PM report to moderator

Oh my goodness! I only live 2 hours from Chicago! I really would like to go especially if J.K. Rowling is going to be there:)

Posted by steph2318 on April 26, 2009, 10:16 PM report to moderator
Violetzoomin_thumb

I live in a suburb of Chicago, and given the choice of either visiting this collection of props from the films created by WB that follow the plot of each book when they find it convenient, or, having JKR write a new series of novels, I would pick the latter.

Posted by NuttyAsSP on April 27, 2009, 02:04 AM report to moderator
Fish_02_thumb

GAHHHHH!!!!! I WANT TO GOOO!
why does everything cool have to be on the the east coast!?!? :(

Posted by Gobbledygook [Sparrow] [WBM] J.O.R. on April 27, 2009, 02:41 AM report to moderator
67_richardoud_thumb

This sounds absolutely lovely. It would be wonderful to see…if only I could.

Posted by Noella_Mansrot [Raven] {WBM} on April 27, 2009, 04:09 AM report to moderator
Lunanargles_thumb

they should bring it to australia

Posted by calliet2b4g on April 27, 2009, 05:55 AM report to moderator

is it going to come to london????!!!!
x

Posted by Freya-Storm on April 27, 2009, 07:04 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Ron!" he shouted. "Are you okay? Ron!"[br]"I'm here!" came Ron's muffled voice from behind the rockfall. "I'm okay -- this git's not, though -- he got blasted by the [br]wand --"[br]There was a dull thud and a loud "ow!" It sounded as though Ron had just