I See Sea Shells on Shell Cottage (Updated)

HBP Film
April 28, 2009, 05:46 PM

As a follow now to the first photos TLC first brought you several days ago of Shell Cottage currently under construction for use in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, two new photos are now online. The public group for the Pembroke area of Wales on Flickr now has two new photos of the ongoing work, including one of a nearly completed roof of the cottage, made entirely of sea shells, here. UPDATE: Thanks to Chris and Pete for mailing in some wonderful new photos, taken yesterday at the location in Wales, which you can see here in our galleries.

Reminder: Location filming for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will take place on Freshwater Beach in Pembrokeshire National Park area of Wales May 11 through the 15th. TLC hopes to have a crew there to cover all the filming, however if you are in the area, please send in your reports, photos, and videos to staff@the-leaky-cauldron.org.

Thanks much to Flickr group Pembrokeshire and user tomix!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Norbert_thumb

Not how I imagined it, but hey I’m not complaining because is looks FANTASTIC! Great job crew!

Posted by hpftw on April 29, 2009, 07:33 AM report to moderator
Bearcry_thumb

I pictured it more like a tuscan style cottage, red roof white walls. But I like this better. :) :)

Posted by A Tackier Pink on April 29, 2009, 07:56 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Wow! :) The shape of it is amazing, and the diamond-shaped windows are a great touch!

Posted by Smitch on April 29, 2009, 08:18 AM report to moderator
Forest_thumb

Great I couldn’t imkagine Shell Cottage untill now that is awesome. I wonder how they do it

Portrait_thumb

It is totally awesome! did they actually get real shells and make the roof with it?

Posted by The Shadow Lord on April 29, 2009, 08:32 AM report to moderator
108_thumb

The link isn’t working for me so I will try again later.

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on April 29, 2009, 08:53 AM report to moderator
Avi_thumb

woow … they weren’t kidding about complete accuracy = )

Posted by DesQueJteVois on April 29, 2009, 09:38 AM report to moderator
Funny_thumb

i couldnt see the pic, but i am really looking forward to seeing shell cottage etc. squee

Posted by spunky_munky11 on April 29, 2009, 09:40 AM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

Gah! I can’t see the picture! I hope it’ll work some time late. The link I mean.

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on April 29, 2009, 09:40 AM report to moderator
L_32b0eddba4eb43718eb38ffa016162b2_thumb

That is pretty cool. I can’t believe how much has been shot already. It’s pretty cool.

Posted by phantomdave79 on April 29, 2009, 10:06 AM report to moderator
Hobgoblin13_thumb

wow THAT LOOKS SO COOL!

Posted by Hobgoblin 13 on April 29, 2009, 11:41 AM report to moderator
Snapshot_20090425_1_thumb

I wonder if Shell cottage will be in the first Deathly Hollows movie. Maybe instead of Tonk’s Parents house. Or maybe the wedding is there since it looks like the burrow is going to get destroyed in HBP.

Posted by Dragomir Despard on April 29, 2009, 02:01 PM report to moderator
D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

really quirky as always! love it!

Fish_02_thumb

very nice!

Posted by Gobbledygook [Sparrow] [WBM] J.O.R. on April 29, 2009, 04:52 PM report to moderator

I really like that roof!

Posted by Heavenly_Horcrux on April 29, 2009, 05:45 PM report to moderator

"I wasn't paying attention," said Myrtle dramatically. "Peeves upset me so much I came in here and tried to [i]kill[/i] myself. Then, of course, I remembered that I'm -- that I'm --"[br]"Already dead," said Ron helpfully.