"Paranoia" Core of Half-Blood Prince Story Says Dan Radcliffe

Radcliffe
April 28, 2009, 04:37 PM

Wizard Universe has posted a new interview with actor Dan Radcliffe, who weighs in on the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. In the article, Dan address the question of what he feels is at the core of the upcoming sixth Harry Potter movie:

"Paranoia. There's a very strong scene in the film that's all about Harry's increasing paranoia about Draco Malfoy becoming a member of the Death Eaters. Also, it seems a big part of all the films, but death. We're even closer to it in this one because Dumbledore is dying and knows he has to die. And the image of this old man knowing all that is a very very sad one. But he carries on anyway. He doesn't give up and he absolutely fights until the last minute."

Dan also reflects on which is his favorite scene in the film, one which involves a Weasley who is our King, as played by Rupert Grint.
I think that I like the quieter scenes. There's a lot of action but the quieter scenes will, generally speaking, be where the heart is. That's not to say there aren't some emotionally quite intense action sequences, but when there are just two people sitting down talking the stakes are very much higher, emotionally. My favorite scene in the film, actually, is one that I'm not in, which is probably not that surprising because I hate watching myself. It's with Rupert (Ron) in Quidditch practice, and its genuine laugh-out-loud funny. And I don't laugh out loud that easily.

Thanks much to our Order partner DanRadcliffe.com!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Snapshot_20090425_1_thumb

it is on like donkey kong playing quidditch

Posted by Dragomir Despard on April 28, 2009, 08:42 PM report to moderator
4656_1105780456589_1589123784_30248503_5726170_n_thumb

SO glad that quidditch is back…and i LOVE rupert…hes so cool (and hot) but yea….cant wait for HBP!!

Posted by theREALGinnyWeasley on April 28, 2009, 08:46 PM report to moderator
Voila_thumb

I like Dan’s little insights and reviews on the films and stories. He’s very perceptive. :)

Posted by maera-kyrie on April 28, 2009, 08:51 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

Yeah, i was surprised that dan just came out and talked about Dumbledore’s death… i mean we all know about it as we read the book but the all of the movie audience doesn’t know the outcome of the book and thus the movie!

But, i love that Dan is giving props to Rupert! Hooray for seeing a proper quidditch match in the hbp! It’s been so long since we’ve seen one in the movies! :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on April 28, 2009, 09:04 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movie_hbp_feb08_003_thumb

I can’t wait to see Ron playing Quidditch

Posted by Jersey on April 28, 2009, 09:11 PM report to moderator
Quidditch_2012_thumb

Yet another fantastic interview with Dan! He’s hung on to reality quite well over the years of chaos and fame.

Posted by muzic823{ROAR} on April 28, 2009, 09:12 PM report to moderator
Radcliffe_articles_2011gq_0005_thumb

awwwwwwww. i love dan!<33

Posted by fan.numero1 [SFTC!] on April 28, 2009, 09:13 PM report to moderator
Greathornedowl_thumb

Yay, we get to see quidditch again! I’m glad to see the movie has some light-hearted moments in it too.

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on April 28, 2009, 09:24 PM report to moderator
Minerva_mcgonagall_thumb

I’m looking forward to the quidditch scenes tool I have missed them

Posted by oldenoughtoknowbetter♎ROAR♎OoM1, CW on April 28, 2009, 09:43 PM report to moderator
Normal_tomriddle2_scarpotter_thumb

I was hoping they were going to keep at least some of Harry’s paranoia over Malfoy in the movie. I think this is going to be an excellent movie!

Posted by Huffleclaw65 on April 28, 2009, 10:20 PM report to moderator
Hpsssorting_thumb

That was a great interview. I can’t wait for ‘Weasley is our King.’

Posted by TheSortingHat[ROAR] on April 28, 2009, 11:52 PM report to moderator
5908_12290828084_thumb

i thnk rupert has more commanding role in this movie than dan

Posted by hbp will be betterthan tdk on April 29, 2009, 12:30 AM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

Great interview with DAn…I can’t wait to see the Quidditch tryouts scene with Rupert. The interview with Emma Watson is up now and she also mentioned that scene. I just want to see this movie and them talking about it is only making my anticipation worse!!

Posted by cghambright on April 29, 2009, 12:49 AM report to moderator
Bringonbluesky_108-3copy_thumb

I can’t wait for the movie! :) Good interview!

Posted by anisia on April 29, 2009, 01:13 AM report to moderator
Gftw_thumb

Good stuff!

Posted by iconshero [GftW] on April 29, 2009, 01:19 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"So top grade's O for 'Outstanding,'"she was saying, "and then there's A --"[br]"No, E," George corrected her, "E for 'Exceeds Expectations.' And I've always thought Fred and I should've got E in everything, because we exceeded expectations just by turnin