"Paranoia" Core of Half-Blood Prince Story Says Dan Radcliffe

Radcliffe
April 28, 2009, 04:37 PM

Wizard Universe has posted a new interview with actor Dan Radcliffe, who weighs in on the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. In the article, Dan address the question of what he feels is at the core of the upcoming sixth Harry Potter movie:

"Paranoia. There's a very strong scene in the film that's all about Harry's increasing paranoia about Draco Malfoy becoming a member of the Death Eaters. Also, it seems a big part of all the films, but death. We're even closer to it in this one because Dumbledore is dying and knows he has to die. And the image of this old man knowing all that is a very very sad one. But he carries on anyway. He doesn't give up and he absolutely fights until the last minute."

Dan also reflects on which is his favorite scene in the film, one which involves a Weasley who is our King, as played by Rupert Grint.
I think that I like the quieter scenes. There's a lot of action but the quieter scenes will, generally speaking, be where the heart is. That's not to say there aren't some emotionally quite intense action sequences, but when there are just two people sitting down talking the stakes are very much higher, emotionally. My favorite scene in the film, actually, is one that I'm not in, which is probably not that surprising because I hate watching myself. It's with Rupert (Ron) in Quidditch practice, and its genuine laugh-out-loud funny. And I don't laugh out loud that easily.

Thanks much to our Order partner DanRadcliffe.com!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Harry_thumb

well i hope there are more then 1 Quidditch match im looking forward to Luna’s Commentary Looser’s Lurgy :)

Posted by blackhair on April 29, 2009, 01:49 AM report to moderator
Emma-vs-01_copy_thumb

This interview gave me chiils. XD

Posted by Leo_Lovegood on April 29, 2009, 02:15 AM report to moderator

Dan is in love with Rupert. LOL just kidding! XD

Posted by witch_fairy on April 29, 2009, 03:52 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

It’s a good interview.

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on April 29, 2009, 04:28 AM report to moderator

all sounds marvelous!!

Posted by Freya-Storm on April 29, 2009, 05:22 AM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

In a new interview, both Dan & Emma say how funny Rupert’s Quidditch scene is. I remember how funny that scene was to read and Rupert is such a talented actor. Should be a slam dunk. Weasley is our King!

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on April 29, 2009, 07:24 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Dan is so well spoken. I am now that much more curious about Michael Gambon.

Posted by Smitch on April 29, 2009, 08:30 AM report to moderator

I LOVE DAN!!!!!!!!!! wow…

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on April 29, 2009, 08:39 AM report to moderator
108_thumb

Squee! Quiditch!

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on April 29, 2009, 08:55 AM report to moderator
Funny_thumb

cant wait, sooo excited squee

Posted by spunky_munky11 on April 29, 2009, 09:38 AM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

Oh Rupes! I love Rupes! I bet he will be awesome in HBP! I can’t wait! 78 days more!

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on April 29, 2009, 09:39 AM report to moderator
Biker_old_lady4done_use_thumb

Now this was an interview that makes you excited to see the movie.

Posted by Cool G on April 29, 2009, 09:51 AM report to moderator
L_32b0eddba4eb43718eb38ffa016162b2_thumb

very cool interview. We are gonna be inundated with these things over the next few months…….and I can’t wait!

Posted by phantomdave79 on April 29, 2009, 10:14 AM report to moderator
Tamy_129_thumb

Dammit! I am getting anxious again, I hate feeling that! Great interview! I love Dan´s honesty." I hate watching myself" hahahahahaha. I can´t wait to watch my favourite gingers in the whole world, bringing Hogwarts down! Ron and Ginny! Go Rupes!! Go Bon Bon!! I miss quidditch so much! The last quidditch was that quick glance in GOF. The last real quidditch was in POA. I am still pissed bc they cut quidditch off in OOTP, the film would have been a lot more interesting with quiddicth.

Posted by Tamyris on April 29, 2009, 02:30 PM report to moderator
Tamy_129_thumb

Harry´s paranoia about Malfoy will also be great! I would love to see the scene where Harry is late for a quidditch match when he suddenly sees Malfoy and asks him where he is going and Malfoy answer: “Yeah, I am really going to tell you Potter, bc it is your business. You better hurry up, they must be waiting for The Boy Who Scored or The Chosen Captain…” ( is something like that) is really funnny. Harry was paranoic but he was right to be! Look at the mess that Malfoy did. Almost killed my Won Won !!!! hahahahahaha Harry feels a lot of things at the same time in this book. His dreams were really interesting.

Posted by Tamyris on April 29, 2009, 02:37 PM report to moderator

"They call it the Dementor's Kiss," said Lupin, with a slightly twisted smile. "It's what dementors do to those they wish to destroy utterly. I suppose there must be some kind of mouth under there, because they clamp their jaws upon the mouth of the victi