Video, ScreenCaps of USA Today Preview for Harry Potter, the Exhibit

Movies
April 29, 2009, 10:35 AM

USA Today has a wonderful new video preview online of Harry Potter, the Exhibit which is due to open later this week at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago. Update: Video now available here in our galleries, and screencaps here of this preview that gives us a quick overview of some the props and sets from the Harry Potter films which are part of the Exhibit. In addition to the previews of the Exhibit we've posted earlier, the USA Today piece notes part of the display will include: "Beds used by Harry and his best friend, Ron Weasley, a Hogwarts acceptance letter and Harry's spectacles and wand are among treasures on display. So is a pink box of "love potion chocolates," which figures in Half-Blood Prince. On an optional audio tour, filmmakers describe artifacts and their relevance."..."Hogwarts' teachers are showcased in classroom settings that include objects identified with their characters: Divination Professor Trelawney's crystal ball, Potions Professor Slughorn's apothecary jars with labels such as "concoction #1029," Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor Lockhart's books, including Travels With Trolls."

In addition, TLC Reader Michael S wrote in to say he also attended on of the early previews, and pointed out: "For the cost of six dollars (five for members and, I think, four for children and seniors), there is an audio tour available with commentary by the filmmakers, including costume designer Jany Temime and, from what I can remember, Stuart Craig. I found it quite entertaining. Very interestingly, someone on the audio tour said that there will be, from what I thought he said, a broom, or brooms, that will accommodate two riders in Deathly Hallows. This is said at the end of the audio clip for the display case with the brooms, so keep your ears open!" "Some of the items in the gift shop include: the San Francisco brand snow globes (I believe are mentioned in a TLC news post), what appeared to be hand-drawn artwork signed by Mary Grandpre, themed candy, and pieces of film from the movies. Of course, there were the books, movies, and soundtracks."

WB has also issued a formal press release heralding the opening of the Exhibit:

"For almost three years, we have been working with Warner Bros. Consumer Products to create an exhibition that we hope will be enchanting, engaging and, above all, true to the spirit of the films," said Eddie Newquist, president of branded entertainment, Exhibitgroup/Giltspur. "Harry Potter is a one-of-a-kind cultural phenomenon, and we are excited that this exhibition allows guests the opportunity to experience the work of some of the most talented artists and craftsmen in the world."

"We are very pleased to be opening Harry Potter: The Exhibition with our partners Exhibitgroup/Giltspur and the Museum of Science and Industry in the great city of Chicago," said Brad Globe, president, Warner Bros. Consumer Products. "The incredible stories written by J.K. Rowling, and the films from Warner Bros. Pictures, have helped us create a truly one-of-a-kind experience for fans of all ages.

TLC will be attending the special fansite preview today, and will have our full report soon, stay tuned! Harry Potter, The Exhibit runs April 30 until September 27. Ticket information can be found via this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Gftw_thumb

Not Fair!

Posted by iconshero [GftW] on April 29, 2009, 02:47 PM report to moderator
Photo_1_thumb

off to chicago I go!

Posted by Lulu42 on April 29, 2009, 03:14 PM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

15 days until I’m there!!! OMG

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on April 29, 2009, 03:26 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_002_thumb

I’ve got my ticket to see it on Monday!!! I just hope Chicago doesn’t get too many more cases of swine flu before then, or my plans might end up changing…. But I really want to see this!

Posted by Agrippa1 on April 29, 2009, 03:45 PM report to moderator
Mac3_thumb
1925 Points

I hope i get to see it!!!

Posted by Parkinsonpansy on April 29, 2009, 04:17 PM report to moderator
Fish_02_thumb

and again…i really want to go! :(

Posted by Gobbledygook [Sparrow] [WBM] J.O.R. on April 29, 2009, 04:55 PM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

GAH, makes me feel jealous of the people going!
Anyway, I don’t think cameras are allowed so no pics?

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on April 29, 2009, 04:57 PM report to moderator
Iconator_dea697cd87becd1283213b46f798b87b_thumb

It looks so amazing! Why do I not live in the us? Why???

Posted by Wendelin the Weird on April 29, 2009, 05:18 PM report to moderator
Myleaky_thumb

Heck yea!!!! I’ll be waiting at the door tomorrow, so excited!!!!

Posted by wiirenet on April 29, 2009, 05:40 PM report to moderator
Myleaky_thumb

Heck yea!!!! I’ll be waiting at the door tomorrow, so excited!!!!

Posted by wiirenet on April 29, 2009, 05:40 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

OMG, this sounds like so much fun. I would go through the tour extra times because I’m sure there would be little things that you might miss the first time around. So exciting!

Rupes_maggie_thumb

It seems so amazing! I wish i could go! :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on April 29, 2009, 06:06 PM report to moderator
60c9c9ed966148bcbf9c4a4258e60858_1__thumb

cool

Posted by FrancescaElle on April 29, 2009, 06:47 PM report to moderator
Radcliffe_articles_2011gq_0005_thumb

i needd to go!!! squee!

Posted by fan.numero1 [SFTC!] on April 29, 2009, 08:05 PM report to moderator
Green_hat_thumb

I have tickets for this Saturday May 2nd!!!!

I CAN’T WAIT!!!

Thank God I live near Chicago!!!

Posted by Madame Minerva on April 29, 2009, 08:21 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Never," said Hagrid irritably, "try an' get a straight answer out of a centaur. Ruddy stargazers. Not interested in anythin' closer'n the moon."