Join the "Fellowship" in Jo's Book Nook

LeakyLounge
Posted by: Edward
April 04, 2009, 03:15 PM

Jo's Book Nook, the home of our non-Harry Potter Book Club, has now opened the communal reading of the first novel in J. R. R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings trilogy: The Fellowship of the Ring.  Located in our Leaky Lounge forum, Jo's Book Nook offers all registered Lounge members the opportunity to join in with their fellow Book Clubbers to discuss the many details of this most lush and layered fantasy novel.  The reading of The The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring starts today and runs through May 2nd.  Be sure to jump into the discussions today over on the Leaky Lounge.

On a related note, voting is now open to choose the next reading selection for Jo's Book Nook via this link.

Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyLounge News

Hpphotoshop_thumb

I love Lotr!!!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on April 04, 2009, 04:08 PM report to moderator

never read this but i probably should :P

Posted by kenmarekestrels93 {{ROAR}} on April 04, 2009, 04:17 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I would certainly like to enjoy everyone in reading this, but as a college student, I am not sure whether I could find the time to do so or not. Woe. Have fun and enjoy reading, all participants!

Posted by Kirk on April 04, 2009, 04:20 PM report to moderator
Summer_trip__09_113_thumb

Woe is I. no time no time no time. some day i’ll go on a wild chase, capture that time and keep him forever in a comfortable little cage in my basement. hmm..I should work on getting a house with a basement.

Posted by HermioneWwannabe *ROAR* --%-{@ on April 04, 2009, 04:29 PM report to moderator
Jonas_thumb

This will be fun!

Posted by NargleCatcher on April 04, 2009, 05:48 PM report to moderator

Lotr are one of the best, if not the best, book series ever. And if i had the time to, i would read this book again.

Posted by on April 04, 2009, 05:54 PM report to moderator
H-r_thumb

Interesting, I would join but I’m already in the middle of a book and I’m not sure where my copy of LotR is…

Posted by fantasylover12001 on April 04, 2009, 06:56 PM report to moderator
Merlin36_thumb

I tried to read the books, but I just couldn’t finish them. They don’t leave much to the imagination (that’s why I love HP and Narnia series so much).

Posted by FanaticFangirl on April 04, 2009, 07:02 PM report to moderator
Jk-j-k-rowling-harry-potter-and-the-order-of-the-phoenix-unabridged-compact-discs_thumb
Cool! I love the LOTR series that is another terrific series of the fantasy genre.
Posted by harrypotterbookpurist on April 04, 2009, 09:31 PM report to moderator

Yeah that is so true about Harry Potter and Narnia leaving more to the imagination. I also love how descriptive Harry Potter is to make you imagine the scenes and parts in the books perfectly.

Posted by harrypotterbookpurist on April 04, 2009, 09:32 PM report to moderator
Rh7_thumb

such an excellent book!

Posted by bec majec *roar* on April 05, 2009, 12:00 AM report to moderator

LOVED THE BOOKS ALONG WITH THE MOVIES THEY WERE DONE WELL FOR THERE TIME BETTER GRAPHICS NOW DAYS AND GETTING BETTER. WILL HAVE TO FIND TIME TO JOIN IN AS THERE IS A LOT OF INFO IN THE BOOKS

Posted by HGROSS44 on April 05, 2009, 03:38 AM report to moderator

Very good to know that people can now discuss The Fellowship Of The Ring on The Leaky Cauldron. Very good movie, ok videogame and gave up on the book. Other people might feel a great deal of enthuisiasm about it though!

Posted by Robbie Rowe on April 05, 2009, 11:29 AM report to moderator
Gh_thumb

I’ve just finished rereading! I might have to join in!

Posted by Name Unknown on April 05, 2009, 01:37 PM report to moderator
Editedladybug_thumb

I’ve never done this before, so I have a question: Can I read the book for the first time while doing the discussion or do I have to have already read it?

Posted by sp00kym00ny~happy looks good on you! :] on April 05, 2009, 01:49 PM report to moderator

"No one would have made me a prefect, I spent too much time in detention with James. Lupin was the good boy, he got the badge."[br]"I think Dumbledore might have hoped that I would be able to exercise some control over my best friends," said Lupin. "I nee