Variety: Ralph Fiennes to Begin Deathly Hallows Production "In the Fall"

DH Film
April 08, 2009, 08:19 PM

Another update tonight regarding the possible filming schedule for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, this regarding actor Ralph Fiennes. Variety reports tonight the actor, who is reportedly in advanced negotiations to appear in the remake of "Clash of the Titans," is trying to work his schedule as "the thesp wants to squeeze in all these commitments before returning to his role as uber-villain Voldemort in the final Harry Potter installment, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II," which begins production in the fall."

Readers will remember too that in late December of last year we heard from actor Alan Rickman who mentioned working with Ralph Fiennes (Lord Voldemort) for those pivotal and dramatic scenes at the end of Deathly Hallows, noting filming for those scenes would take place later this year.  As we reported previously too, Ralph Fiennes also spoke several times last year on his character of Voldemort; worth a re-read are his comments on the psychology of Voldemort.

In one last fun related note, it seems that the Dark Lord will be making an appearance with Professor Trelawney of sorts as Variety also reports that Ralph Fiennes "will also take on an uncredited cameo in Working Title's sequel to 2005 hit "Nanny McPhee," in which Emma Thompson will reprise her role as a magical governess."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I am glad that he is returning and hope that his fantastic Voldemort only improves in the last two installments of the film series.

Posted by Kirk on April 09, 2009, 07:54 PM report to moderator
Z_thumb

i see he can grow his nose and loose it again and again ;)

Posted by chocolaterabbits on April 09, 2009, 08:56 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movie_hbp_feb08_003_thumb

Has anyone heard anything about Robbie Coltrane not appearing in part 1 of deathly hollows? Was just on the IMDB and he’s the only one not listed in the cast.

Posted by Jersey on April 09, 2009, 09:20 PM report to moderator
Msn_thumb

Oh, I can’t wait!!! I’m especially looking forward to those “Prince’s Tale” scenes! One of my favourite chapters of the whole book!

Posted by HermioneRon4ever on April 09, 2009, 10:38 PM report to moderator
Msn_thumb

Oh, I can’t wait!!! I’m especially looking forward to those “Prince’s Tale” scenes! (I’m guessing that’s what the “Pivotal scenes toward the end” between Alan and Ralph are)… One of my favourite chapters of the whole book! I really hope they aren’t cutting him out of part one, please please please!

Posted by HermioneRon4ever on April 09, 2009, 10:40 PM report to moderator
Green_hummers_thumb

Mr. Fiennes makes a great Voldemort. Can’t wait for the Deathly Hallows.

Posted by Lady Grey OoM2,CW*ROAR* on April 10, 2009, 08:49 AM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

Good news!

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on April 10, 2009, 10:17 AM report to moderator
Normal_dh_onset_londonday2_08_thumb

Amazing! :)

Posted by DanielleD on April 10, 2009, 08:22 PM report to moderator

The more I read about the new Deathly Hallows movie, the more excited it get!

Posted by on April 12, 2009, 10:50 AM report to moderator
001_thumb

Yeeah!

Posted by saffran { roar } on April 12, 2009, 11:03 AM report to moderator
001_thumb

Nice to see him with a nose, though :)

Posted by saffran { roar } on April 12, 2009, 11:04 AM report to moderator
Picture0093_thumb

Eeep! :D Get so excited when I see any news like this. _

Posted by Serpensortia [FTC!] on April 12, 2009, 11:45 AM report to moderator
Normal_dh_onset_londonday2_08_thumb

they better do the first chapter of the book just like it is written!

Posted by DanielleD on April 13, 2009, 02:23 PM report to moderator
108_thumb

It is hard to believe it is happening. I am relishing every bit of film news.

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on April 14, 2009, 10:46 AM report to moderator

"I think the only reason I never lost my mind is that I knew I was innocent. That wasn't a happy thought, so the dementors couldn't suck it out of me... but it kept me sane and knowing who I am... helped me keep my powers..."

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014