Devon Murray to Film Deathly Hallows Scenes as Seamus Finnigan Starting in October

Murray Interviews
Posted by: Edward
May 18, 2009, 08:14 PM

Actor Devon Murray (Seamus Finnigan) has given a new interview to the Evening Herald Newspaper where he briefly discusses filming for the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows film.  Noting that his part will take 'more than six months to film' starting in October, Mr. Murray also speaks to the safeguarding the Deathly Hallows script.  He says: "It just wasn't safe to keep it there, as there was so much hype surrounding the new storylines, so they now use a safe house for the script."  The young actor goes on to relate his feelings of being in the public eye.  Quoteage:

"I don't really get recognised here that much and Irish people are so down-to-earth anyway, they would leave you alone even if they did know you.  It's more when I go to America that they go mad for anyone connected with the movie. It was also crazy when we did a promotional tour in Japan, I must have shook hands with about two million people during that trip alone, it was mental."
Finally, Mr. Murray talks about his activities in the downtime from the Potter films, particularly breeding horses at his Offaly stud farm.  Some of those horses, the article says, several are 'contenders for the 2010 Olympics.'

Thanks radcakesfan!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Murray Interviews News

Um, wouldn’t that be the 2012 Olympics? Or the 2010 Commonwealth Games? Could be both I suppose!

Posted by billywig_99 on May 19, 2009, 08:37 AM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

Wow, he’s filming for more than 6 months? And he’s not even in the book that much!

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on May 19, 2009, 08:41 AM report to moderator
4656_1105780456589_1589123784_30248503_5726170_n_thumb

YAY!!! LOVE HIM!!!

Posted by theREALGinnyWeasley on May 19, 2009, 08:45 AM report to moderator
Cover_avatar_thumb

I’m kind of surprised he’ll be filming for six months. That’s a really long time on most sets.

I also was never particular fond of this casting but he doesn’t really have a very big role, so I’ve been okay with it. :-) I love Seamus in the books, though, don’t get me wrong…

Posted by Attolia [squee!!!] on May 19, 2009, 08:48 AM report to moderator
Thumbnail_thumb

I think he has done good in the other movies and I am glad that he is in the 7th movie at all!

Posted by hobojoepotter on May 19, 2009, 08:49 AM report to moderator
Dgraymanclockroom37_thumb

Why would Seamus be in the movie so much unless it’s just in the background? Well, maybe I just understand film making, good thing I don’t want a future in it.

Anyway, super excited to Seamus in the movie, I’m super excited for the movie as a whole!

Posted by Rumbleroarϟ{WBM!}ǝıʞɔnp! on May 19, 2009, 08:53 AM report to moderator
Da1a_thumb

It’s good to see that he’ll be back.!

Erin

Posted by Rin68nyr on May 19, 2009, 08:58 AM report to moderator
The_one__colored_by_burdge_bug_thumb

wow that meas the final battle is 6 months of filming!

AWESOME

Posted by Luce-Lupin !~ROAR~! on May 19, 2009, 09:30 AM report to moderator
Img_4556_thumb

Seamus rulz

Posted by Dolemite [FTC!] on May 19, 2009, 10:16 AM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

I enjoy Devon as Seamus. I am also glad he has the horses to fall back on. More Hogwarts action sounds good.

Posted by budgie on May 19, 2009, 10:49 AM report to moderator
L_14a5217ad3d6474c94123a84eb762af8_thumb

His part is going to take six months to film. Thats insane. I have to admit it gives me a lot of hope.

Posted by lilhpchick20 on May 19, 2009, 10:57 AM report to moderator
Rainingmen_thumb

Just a question, but, if Emma is HALFWAY through filming, that means she exits in October?? Am I estimating this right? Also, as for being an actor myself – some sequences can take several days – sometimes weeks – depending on how intricate the sequence is, how many shots are needed, how many actors involved, effects, stunts, etc…so it’s possible he’s needed for so long because the parts he is in are set up to be a bit complex when shot.

Posted by BwaySaint on May 19, 2009, 11:02 AM report to moderator
Me_thumb

It’s good that Devon has something else that he really enjoys doing.

Posted by *Rachael* on May 19, 2009, 11:46 AM report to moderator
216cougar2_thumb

what is he going to blow up in this film?

Posted by Arthur22 on May 19, 2009, 12:21 PM report to moderator
Dh_symbol_thumb

thats crazy! hes filming for six months!? i dont recall him being in the last book much at all ???

Posted by halfblood_prince on May 19, 2009, 12:41 PM report to moderator

[i]"Lumos,"[/i] Harry muttered, and a light appeared at the end of his wand, almost dazzling him. He held it high over his head, and the pebble-dashed walls of number two suddenly sparkled; the garage door gleamed, and between them Harry saw, quite distin

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014