LeakyCon 2009: Live Wizard Rock Album, Pre-Orders Open Now

LeakyCon
Posted by: Melissa
May 18, 2009, 12:11 PM

(Before anything else: Today is the LAST DAY of registration for the conference and keynotes. Go here to get your registration and here to amend it to add a keynote.)

A huge and exciting announcement regarding LeakyCon today, and this time it's for everyone, not just those of you who are going: We will be professionally recording and producing a live wizard rock album, the sales of which will also benefit Book Aid and the HP Alliance.

And pre-orders are open NOW.

To be clear, this is a never-been-done, one-of-a-kind, two-disc live album featuring the best moments from our huge three-show wizard rock lineup.

It is currently $17 for this two-disc album, but that will go to $20 after the conference, so reserve your copy now. You can do that right here.

Who will be on this album, you ask?

Harry and the Potters
Draco and the Malfoys
The Remus Lupins
The Moaning Myrtles
The Mudbloods
The Whomping Willows
The Parselmouths
Swish and Flick
Gred and Forge
Tonks and the Aurors
Riddle TM
Justin Finch-Fletchley and the Sugar Quills
(and, we hope, Ministry of Magic from their acoustic performance at Saturday's PotterCast.)

NOTE: This album will not ship until August. Any notes regarding why it has not shipped before then will not be addressed, because we all like to stay sane. :)

We are only THREE days away from the fun, and we will have more details on how those of you who couldn't make it can enjoy some parts of the conference soon.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyCon News

49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

Excellent!

Posted by Garden State Geek on May 19, 2009, 05:03 AM report to moderator
Jamiepassedout_thumb

This is so fantastic! So glad to be have a check out a part of Leaky Con and be able to contribute to these fabulous organizations even though I cannot be there! What a great idea!

Posted by jemerson15 on May 19, 2009, 06:12 AM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

waayy cool :D

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on May 19, 2009, 06:17 AM report to moderator
Jamiepassedout_thumb

Apparently I typed too fast to make sense… I think that was supposed to be: “glad to be able to check out…”

Posted by jemerson15 on May 19, 2009, 06:17 AM report to moderator

Wizard Rock ON!!

Posted by Glowstick on May 19, 2009, 06:20 AM report to moderator
Untitled-1_thumb

Awesome!
I will have to reserve my copy when I get a free moment.
Will be good to have my own little piece of LeakyCon over here in Australia.

Posted by Crom on May 19, 2009, 07:07 AM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

Oh wow, wish I had a paypal…

Posted by BeAchL0veEr05 ☼ on May 19, 2009, 10:18 AM report to moderator
66071_440073881516_721806516_5709069_6899239_n_thumb

I don’t have any money at the moment.. How many physical copies will there be?
and is it going to be on iTunes?

Posted by Sara Weasley on May 19, 2009, 11:14 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

yay!!!! itll be on itunes!!!!

12136_373462265222_814805222_10077577_6700488_n_thumb

YAY this is so awesome!! Now gonna order it!
Thanks to whoever had this idea :D

SQUEE

Posted by MuggleQueen on May 19, 2009, 01:51 PM report to moderator
12136_373462265222_814805222_10077577_6700488_n_thumb

I has a question:
Will Frak be designing the artwork? :D

Posted by MuggleQueen on May 19, 2009, 04:28 PM report to moderator
Young_riddle2_thumb

sounds awesome!! =D

Posted by iLoveDolores [FTC!] on May 19, 2009, 07:38 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

a.) Wow, that’s so exciting. I’ll definitely be ordering, as it’s a great momento
b.) As we now know PPP will be performing, is there any chance of capturing any of their audio on the CD? (I know, demanding, but had to ask)

Posted by jords on May 20, 2009, 02:29 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_thumb

Awesome, awesome! I’m so excited I get to share in at least a little bit of the fun of LeakyCon :)

Posted by Lady of the Lake on May 20, 2009, 07:09 AM report to moderator

Wow! That is so awesome! I want it. Darn wizard rock is totally making me broke.

Posted by badger666 on May 20, 2009, 09:47 AM report to moderator

"And it's Johnson, Johnson with the Quaffle, what a player that girl is, I've been saying it for years but she still won't go out with me --"[br]"JORDAN!" yelled Professor McGonagall.[br]"Just a fun fact, Professor, adds a bit of interest --"