Soundtrack for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Due July 7, 2009

HBP Film
May 03, 2009, 03:15 PM

Amazon has updated their website to indicate the score to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince composed by Nicholas Hooper will be available for purchase on July 7th, 2009. With pre-orders currently available here in our Cauldron Shop, the CD is listed at $15.98 (USD), however no track listings are yet available, and we will of course update once those are released.

Reminder note as well: July 7th is the same day Scholastic will release the paperback edition of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows here in the US. Pre-orders for that are also available here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Dscn0194_thumb
1921 Points

Will undoubtedly buy it even tho Hooper isn’t my favorite composer. I hope John Williams (or Patrick Doyle) comes back for DH. I especially want his music when the elder wand fixes Harry’s wand at the end to reprise the music from SS when Harry first got his wand, that was cool.

Posted by izziewitch on May 03, 2009, 04:22 PM report to moderator
Q3_thumb

Omg it already sounds amazing judging by the last trailer ((if it’s any indication)).3 days before my birthday!

Posted by KennedyJames on May 03, 2009, 04:27 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_002_thumb

I can’t wait to see the track list – I can’t wait even more to hear the music!!

Posted by Agrippa1 on May 03, 2009, 04:30 PM report to moderator
Abbie_on_pillow_thumb

Ditto – I am also looking forward to the tracklist and hearing this music! I’m a sucker for soundtracks.

And I don’t think we’ve had any announcement as to who will be scoring Deathly Hallows. Apparently there are rumors that Williams said he was confident he would be back, but nothing official. My guess is that Yates would keep Hooper if it’s up to him, but it’s hard to refuse Williams if he wants the job. I would think the producers could override Yates, but I’m not sure how that works. I do hope Williams comes back, though, and brings it full circle! :-) He would do such justice to the walk into the forest and the Epilogue…. I get chills thinking about it.

Posted by GinaC on May 03, 2009, 04:48 PM report to moderator
Img000029_thumb

I hope John Williams comes back for Deathly Hallows, I love his score for the first film :]

Posted by omgitslouise [WBM] [Ravenvlog <3's Me] on May 03, 2009, 04:56 PM report to moderator
Laughing_dan_thumb
2027 Points

the sound tracks are always so good! and even in the traliers i could hear some and it was awesomd :)

Posted by sunlitdays (ROAR) on May 03, 2009, 04:59 PM report to moderator
Iconator_04e9497c4d2be426fe2888b16a16f53d_thumb

i can’t wait!!

Posted by RaWr...WeReWoLf on May 03, 2009, 05:05 PM report to moderator
L_14a5217ad3d6474c94123a84eb762af8_thumb

Now I am even more excited. I cannot wait to hear this soundtrack

Although I do have to say that I am looking more forward to the Deathly Hallows soundtrack just because it is including the origanal composer.

Posted by lilhpchick20 on May 03, 2009, 05:06 PM report to moderator
Picture_057_thumb

the music in the trailers has been good, hope it’s in the movie. we only have to wait 2 months for the soundtrack!

Posted by abandonedboyjon on May 03, 2009, 05:07 PM report to moderator
Z_thumb

yay! just what i needed for my collection!

Posted by chocolaterabbits on May 03, 2009, 05:12 PM report to moderator
Photo_3_thumb

Thats my birthday! I should get it for my birthday as a present to myself. I hope it is as good as the soundtracks are always.

Posted by J Man on May 03, 2009, 05:32 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

I also hope that John Williams will be composing the soundtrack for DH! *crosses fingers

And maybe I’ll buy this soundtrack since it is coming out on the day paperback DH comes out! :D

Posted by Christine on May 03, 2009, 05:36 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

Hooray! I’m so excited for this soundtrack. I can’t wait.

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on May 03, 2009, 05:47 PM report to moderator
Emma_purple_note_thumb

I love listening to the soundtracks, they always have a way of not only helping the plot, but are great to listen to whenever! I loved the HBP game soundtrack so I can’t wait for more music!!!

Posted by hpfan_8890 on May 03, 2009, 05:58 PM report to moderator

Well, from the looks of the last trailer, the music should be amazing!!

On a completely unrelated topic, Leaky…what’s with the new green look? Did Draco Malfoy take over? No offense, but the brown look was so much better.

Posted by ljgljhghb on May 03, 2009, 06:16 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Harry, just go down to the lake tomorrow, right, stick your head in, yell at the merpeople to give back whatever they've nicked, and see if they chuck it out. Best you can do, mate."