Soundtrack for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Due July 7, 2009

HBP Film
May 03, 2009, 03:15 PM

Amazon has updated their website to indicate the score to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince composed by Nicholas Hooper will be available for purchase on July 7th, 2009. With pre-orders currently available here in our Cauldron Shop, the CD is listed at $15.98 (USD), however no track listings are yet available, and we will of course update once those are released.

Reminder note as well: July 7th is the same day Scholastic will release the paperback edition of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows here in the US. Pre-orders for that are also available here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Myleaky_thumb

I agree with thecoze88 – if the trailer’s music is anything to go back, then am hopeful.

But, saying that, I only own 2 albums and haven’t listen to either of them in over a year, this soundtrack better be GOOD!!!

Posted by PewterWolf on May 03, 2009, 06:20 PM report to moderator

I’ve never really paid much attention to the soundtracks…extremely excited for the movie though! ☺

Posted by kenmarekestrels93 {{ROAR}} on May 03, 2009, 06:30 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-10-29_at_12

Yay! So exciting! A week before the movie AND the paperback release of DH! I can’t wait!

Posted by KatherineWeasley on May 03, 2009, 06:34 PM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Really cool that you can pre order it. Nice feature. I can’t wait to hear it! :)

Posted by Smitch on May 03, 2009, 06:41 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

way jokes! can’t wait to listen to it!! :D

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on May 03, 2009, 06:54 PM report to moderator
Avi_thumb

yaaay ! i’m a music nerd,
exciteeed!!

Posted by DesQueJteVois on May 03, 2009, 06:56 PM report to moderator
1_thumb

hopefully it will be better then the last one

Posted by Avangelis {WBM} on May 03, 2009, 06:57 PM report to moderator
Lolli_thumb

I’m so excited!!! I’ll probably buy it and then read the books while listening to it. :)

Posted by sunshiined on May 03, 2009, 07:53 PM report to moderator
Slytherin_cropped_thumb

OMG Super excited for Soundtrack!

Posted by Wendy McCoury on May 03, 2009, 07:54 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Yay, I love Hooper’s music and always glad to add it to the Harry Potter playlist. And wow! Americans have had to wait this long for the paperback?! What’s up with that?

Posted by KiwiMcI on May 03, 2009, 07:57 PM report to moderator
Perry-the-platypus-perry-the-platypus-4267460-120-115-1_thumb

Exciting! I’ll try to download it on iTunes. :)

Untitled-40_thumb

ahh i really want to know the track listing!
oh well, i’m getting it anyways<3
the cover looks awesome.

Posted by accio rehma on May 03, 2009, 08:12 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

YAY! I can’t wait to buy it. I love Nicholas Hooper!! THe OOTP soundtrack is the only one that I’ve bought, but I love all the others too. But I bet this one if going to be EXCELLENT because he’s had so much time to work on it.

Posted by cghambright on May 03, 2009, 08:24 PM report to moderator
Nicole29_thumb

OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!
I HAVE to buy this! ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((:
Why is everything HBP coming out AFTER my birthday!? D:

Posted by Neviluna Lupin [FTC!] on May 03, 2009, 08:25 PM report to moderator
Potter_thumb
1911 Points

soooooooo excited!!

Posted by TheWeasleyClan on May 03, 2009, 08:31 PM report to moderator

"I [i]told[/i] you not to annoy Rita Skeeter! She's made you out to be some sort of -- of scarlet woman!"[br]Hermione stopped looking astonished and snorted with laughter. [i]"Scarlet woman?"[/i] she repeated, shaking with suppressed giggles as she looked