New Profile on David Yates

Movies
May 08, 2009, 06:43 AM

There is a new profile online today of Harry Potter film director David Yates. While most of this we have heard before, the piece is from the local paper where David Yates is from, and gives background on the director and his career.  The article also notes how Mr. Yates is working on the final films in the Harry Potter series.

Yates took direction of the Harry Potter movie franchise in 2006 with the fifth film in the series, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. This notched incredible box office success as well as an Empire Award and two BAFTA nominations.

Meanwhile, July 15 will see the release of the upcoming Harry Potter film, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, directed by Yates.

In fact he is also editing the seventh film Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I and shooting Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II. It will therefore be Yates who brings the curtain down on the massively successful big screen adaptations of the Harry Potter books.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

.i like David Yates but sad that he took out a lot of parts in OoTP…

Posted by Lily_Potter ~ROAR~ on May 08, 2009, 10:48 AM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

Cuaron made a great work! But Yates also deserves to be estimated! I hope after HBP we’ll say that he is the best HP director))

Posted by Pollytomat on May 08, 2009, 11:02 AM report to moderator

hi

Posted by jeannemclROAR on May 08, 2009, 11:31 AM report to moderator
250px-youre-a-wizard

Even if not David Yates is the director for HP5, The Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix still notched incredible box office success.

Posted by EnricoDc on May 08, 2009, 11:36 AM report to moderator
250px-youre-a-wizard

I agree with Lily_Potter(ROAR). They ommited a lot from the book. Most of them are important part of the story:

• Nearly Headless Nick
  • The Two-Way Mirror
  • Mundungus Fletcher
  • House-elf Dobby and a lot more…
Posted by EnricoDc on May 08, 2009, 11:40 AM report to moderator
41105_10150254604520192_615620191_14488176_2111077_n_thumb

mmmm

Posted by placebowiz on May 08, 2009, 11:40 AM report to moderator
Biker_old_lady4done_use_thumb

I’m waiting until I see HBP. OOTP is my least favorite HP movie.

Posted by Cool G on May 08, 2009, 12:22 PM report to moderator
Llamaflyiong_thumb

OOTP was the best film in the series so far but that’s not to say that it’s because of the director. I think that the screenplay was the strongest and the acting was far more up to par in OOTP than either of the other four plays. I suppose I’ll hold my judgement on what I think of him until July.

Posted by lurking_llama on May 08, 2009, 12:31 PM report to moderator
1956p_thumb

alfonso cuaron always, but i think mr. yates’s been doing a good job. i have good expectations for the three forthcoming films

Posted by cleber*ROAR!* on May 08, 2009, 12:52 PM report to moderator
Bronwyn_almost_4_months_thumb

I’m with the Alfonso crew.

OOTP was a bit episodic/choppy for me though well directed. Yates should be very comfortable with everything HP by now.

Posted by Xyra44 on May 08, 2009, 01:29 PM report to moderator
Brent_river_2_thumb

I think he has been the right choice for the films, I like the dark aspect.

Posted by Big B [ROAR FTW] on May 08, 2009, 01:58 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

good for him! i mean WB obviously likes him enough to have kept him around to finish off the series.

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on May 08, 2009, 02:42 PM report to moderator
Sb_thumb
2017 Points

Yes, Alfonso Cuaron was pretty darn good, but I think I like Yates more… he did a really great job with OotP! I don’t want to curtain to fall after the last movie though! :(

Posted by Looie [ROAR!] on May 08, 2009, 03:12 PM report to moderator

I do like Alfonso Cuaron better than Yates, and I didn’t like OOTP very much, so I hope HBP and DH will be better.

Posted by Wingardium Leviosa ❄WBM❄ on May 08, 2009, 04:14 PM report to moderator
Norbert_thumb

No pressure ending it well ;)
I’m sure he’ll make it wonderful!

Posted by hpftw on May 08, 2009, 04:16 PM report to moderator

Wooden filing cabinets stood around the walls; from their labels, Harry could see that they contained details of every pupil Filch had ever punished. Fred and George Weasley had an entire drawer to themselves.