Rumor Alert: Half-Blood Prince DVD Due in December, to Contain Deathly Hallows Preview?

HBP Film
June 18, 2009, 08:54 PM

Rumor Alert! Tonight we have received word that retailers are beginning to hear about the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD. Apparently the DVD is set to be released during the holiday season in December, 2009  "on 1-Disc, 2-Disc, and 3-Disc DVD/Blu-Ray combo versions." Even more interesting is the reports say this DVD may possibly, and we stress possibly, contain several sneaks previews or some sort of trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Please Note: Readers will recall of course that with the release of the Order of the Phoenix DVD we did receive two special sneaks at HBP.  It is also worth pointing out that you can already sign up to be notified of the availability of the Blu-Ray Disc for Half-Blood Prince here via Amazon. HOWEVER, as exciting as all of this sounds, this is very much unconfirmed and we urge you to keep this in the rumor category for now.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will be released in theaters July 15, 2009.

Thanks much Phoenix Tears!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Normal_tomriddle2_scarpotter_thumb

That would be the best Christmas present I could receive!

Posted by Huffleclaw65 on June 19, 2009, 09:46 AM report to moderator
Lunagreen_thumb

WoW! we haven’t even seen it and they are prepping the DVD? sounds possible tho considering all of the filming they have already done!

Posted by Flora Lovegood {<3WBM<3} on June 19, 2009, 09:47 AM report to moderator

Sounds awesome. Thanks so much for posting this up!

Posted by plotschi on June 19, 2009, 10:05 AM report to moderator
Normal_hp_actors_thumb

I hope it true. But my question is does anyone have the blue ray disc of ootp or any of the Harry Potter movies. Does the Blu Ray disc’s of the movies have extra things that the regular movies have,

Posted by CandyCane2304 on June 19, 2009, 10:09 AM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

i actually thought about this before and thought it might happen.. i hope it’s true! :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on June 19, 2009, 10:28 AM report to moderator

i dont want the other movies leaked like the hbp has.

Posted by john-robert. on June 19, 2009, 10:43 AM report to moderator

That would be sweet.

Posted by badger666 on June 19, 2009, 11:17 AM report to moderator

I can’t wait to see it!

Posted by danaskeeter *ROAR!* on June 19, 2009, 11:34 AM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

There’s my Christmas gift to myself!!

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on June 19, 2009, 12:07 PM report to moderator

Cool! I hope it’s true!

Posted by Wingardium Leviosa ❄WBM❄ on June 19, 2009, 12:11 PM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

There’s my Christmas gift to myself!!

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on June 19, 2009, 12:11 PM report to moderator
5688_135733938384_552133384_3057018_6951656_n_thumb

First, this is amazing. Second, when I read this the first time, I forgot the movie was coming out in July instead of November. I wondered why WB would put the DVD out less than one month after the release date. This way makes much more sense! And my brain needs to rest now…

Posted by mampersandy on June 19, 2009, 12:46 PM report to moderator
The_one__colored_by_burdge_bug_thumb

man that’s a long time to wait for a dvd though…most take about 3 or so months…i suppose they’re hoping the chirstmas time rush will make teh difference…which i doubt i think u could release it anytime and it’d sell very very well!

looking forward to the DH bit tho!

Posted by Luce-Lupin !~ROAR~! on June 19, 2009, 12:50 PM report to moderator
Amyadams1_thumb

Mhm, sounds exciting, let’s see how much of it is true. BUT, then again, we KNOW that these guys did shoot a couple of documentaries and all during the filming at Pembrokeshire. Who knows :D

Posted by Swansurf2099 on June 19, 2009, 01:50 PM report to moderator
Prophecy_thumb

I don’t understand why everyone is saying that December is too long to wait. First of all, the movie hasn’t even come out yet. Pull yourselves together people. :) Secondly, the wait was exactly the same for OotP. This is because it is customary to have a waiting period of a few months between the movie release and the dvd release. Why would people go to see it in the theatre, after all, if it is going to be on dvd in a month?

I have a question though. I remember before the OotP dvd release Leaky said that the dvd was going to have an HBP preview on it. The dvd came out and it had no such preview. I accidentally bought an hd version of the dvd and that had no such preview on it either. I checked dvd review sites and they said that the decision to put various cool things (such as the preview) on the dvd had been scrapped and now the extras were crappy (all too true). In this article, however, Leaky says that this preview was on the OotP dvd. Did I imagine all of the above happening with the OotP dvd? Am I truly insane? Someone help me!

Posted by DeliaDee on June 19, 2009, 02:04 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

Karkaroff spat onto the ground at Dumbledore's feet. In one swift movement, Hagrid seized the front of Karkaroff's furs, lifted him into the air, and slammed him against a nearby tree.[br]"Apologize!" Hagrid snarled as Karkaroff gasped for breath, Hagrid'