Emma Watson As Hermione in Deathly Hallows: Six Takes to Snog Ron Weasley

Watson Interviews
June 27, 2009, 08:23 PM

Attention Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger Shippers: We have news on THE KISS, the filming on the long awaiting snog between the two characters in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. In a new and lengthy profile with the Times, Emma discusses this long awaited moment and confirms again the scene has been filmed.

“The Kiss,” says Watson, looking sardonic. “I expect I’ll have to talk a lot about The Kiss. We did it two weeks ago. Four takes one way, and two takes with the camera in the other direction. Six takes altogether.”

The conversation also includes some thoughts from the actress on director David Yates, who she credits helping her fine tune the character of Hermione. Quotage: "Watson’s director for the final three films is David Yates, whom she says brought more shade and subtlety to Hermione. “David taught me that the only thing that matters is the truth. His version is the truest, purest form of Hermione, the most real.” Watson says she is more emotionally mature than Hermione, and sometimes it shows on the screen and she needs a retake.

Earlier this month readers will recall we saw photos from a location shoot for DH that showed Emma in costume as Hermione Polyjuiced to look like Bellatrix Lestrange, who is played in the Potter films by award winning actress Helena Bonham Carter.

Recently, Watson went round to Bonham Carter’s house to talk through a scene where her character, Bellatrix, becomes Hermione after taking polyjuice. Bonham Carter wanted to know everything about Hermione, to get the role right, and as Watson admits, “I am a Harry Potter lexicon.” She also found Bonham Carter’s advice incredibly useful. Both actresses started young and are not traditionally trained. “I don’t come, like Dan [Radcliffe], from a very actorly family, so I was Bambi in the headlights – I never had anyone to guide me,” explains Watson. “I hadn’t been to Lamda or Rada, and I had a chip on my shoulder about it. But Helena said I don’t need to get trained: she taught herself, read Chekhov, books, theories, and she prepares herself so deeply for every role – the more you know about a person, the more you move intuitively.”

Watson sighs. “I admire her so much, she is so confident in herself, so happy. When she appears on the ‘worst-dressed’ list in Heat she says, ‘Who cares?’ She is comfortable with who she is. She probably has no idea how important those two or three hours with her were to me.” Watson is all emotional. You want to hug her, except she’s far too English and proper for that.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson Interviews News

My_hero_neville_thumb

I think this is one of Emma’s best interviews. Sentimental and even emotional at times. Finishing HP must be both exciting and sad for her. Loved what she said about keeping her own HP memories book and talking to Helena Bonham Carter. Emma has become a very impressive young woman!

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on June 28, 2009, 12:41 AM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

Lmao! This was a great interview from Emma!! But I love how both her and Rupert are only talking about how many takes it took the film the kiss scene. Love it! I bet things are a little awkward between them now.

Posted by cghambright on June 28, 2009, 01:01 AM report to moderator

And we can all see THE KISS in two years time …..

Posted by Fonty on June 28, 2009, 01:02 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

I LOVE HER SHE IS AMAZING ACTRESS!

Posted by The Nerd on June 28, 2009, 01:02 AM report to moderator

[Leaky still has some hiccups it seems]

Great interview with interesting commentary on the quality of movie scripts she receives and of course, about her acting plans for the next couple of years.

Posted by Fonty on June 28, 2009, 01:11 AM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

lucky Rupert? Lucky Emma! haha I really like this interview..I would’ve prolly been awe-inspired like Emma by Helena Bonham Carter

Posted by Mary11_hplvr*WBM* on June 28, 2009, 01:26 AM report to moderator
Rh_thumb

i love this girl. this really was one of the best interviews with her.

Posted by boona on June 28, 2009, 01:31 AM report to moderator
Halloween_picture_thumb

Emma is a good role model for girls…I am glad she is not some partying idiot that likes to run around without undies on. I hope that she does continue acting just so girls see there is an alternative to Paris and Britney

Posted by kellyn on June 28, 2009, 01:39 AM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

I think the fact that they only did 6 takes is a good sign that rupes and emma knew what they were doing! I hope it was super powerful! :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on June 28, 2009, 02:05 AM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

Great interview – Emma & Hermione are growing up

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on June 28, 2009, 02:05 AM report to moderator
Before_qudditch_thumb

amazing actreessss ever !!!

Posted by TasyaWeasley on June 28, 2009, 02:20 AM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

Six takes said Emma, five takes said Rupert!!! mmm… five or six!!! =P I really think that it HAS to be weird! but cool!!! =S … … … Great Interview! for no having help… Emma is a great actress!!!

Yuleball29wd_thumb

Wow… only six takes?

Posted by Half-blood Princess on June 28, 2009, 02:32 AM report to moderator
Laughing_dan_thumb
2027 Points

awwww man i love emma watson. she just makes me want to get to know her, cuz she seems so well grounded and subtly funny too :)

Posted by sunlitdays (ROAR) on June 28, 2009, 03:01 AM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Great interview! It seems that she is very strong-minded on what she wants to do with her life after HP… and that’s wonderful! She is a great role-model for young girls today. :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on June 28, 2009, 03:06 AM report to moderator

"I still feel very sad about [her death] sometimes. But I've still got Dad. And anyway, it's not as though I'll never see Mum again, is it?"[br]"Er -- isn't it?" said Harry uncertainly.[br]She shook her head in disbelief. "Oh, come on. You heard them, jus