Rupert Grint on Kissing Emma Watson for Deathly Hallows, the Murder of Rob Knox, Mrs. Obama Visit, More

Grint
June 28, 2009, 12:24 AM

As a follow to the article below, the Daily Mail has a brand new profile online featuring Rupert Grint (plus these fantastic new photos), where he discusses filming for Deathly Hallows the long awaited kiss between his character of Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. Rupert says of filming the scene with his longtime co-star Emma Watson:

The hardest things for me are intimate scenes. Last week I filmed the long-awaited kissing scene with Emma Watson for Half-Blood Prince. Kissing her was always going to be strange. We’ve known each other for ten years so it was a bit like kissing my sister. We were both determined to get it right the first time, but our first try was a disaster because we both felt so self-conscious we couldn’t stop laughing. It took five takes in all.

In this very lengthy article, Rupert also goes on to speak about the late Rob Knox, the young man who was so tragically murdered shortly after filming his role in Half-Blood Prince. Rupert says: ‘Rob didn’t have a big role in the film but I got to know him well,’ says Grint. ‘Everyone on the set liked him. He was a funny lad, a proper character. Going to his funeral... that was a sad day. Rob was the first young person I knew who’d died. The enormity of his death hasn’t really sunk in for me yet. But I’ve learnt something from it in terms of counting my blessings, realising how lucky I am and the importance of making the right decisions for the future.’

Rupert also speaks about a recent event that made headlines world wide when Michelle Obama, the wife of the President of the United States Barack Obama, paid a visit to the set of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Rupert recalls the visit: " 'I’m not easily impressed by famous people, but nothing’s matched this,’ he says. ‘I didn’t think I was going to be nervous, then this huge motorcade pulled up at the studio and Michelle stepped out of a black Range Rover and everybody was speechless. It’s hard to imagine Gordon Brown having that kind of effect. ‘We sat around, ate cake and chatted. She said that the President is a big fan of the films and loves the books, and that she’d met the Queen the day before – but visiting the Potter set was far more exciting, that we were a lot cooler. It was hard to take it all in. I kept thinking, “Here I am talking to the First Lady.' "

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Grint News

Iconator52ef1a781c6396ecd8_thumb

HARRY POTTER > THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND??? THATS A HARD ONE… oh and the kiss better not be in the trailer.. grrrrr that would ruin the whole movie theater room going awwwwwweeeeee… cause i love when your in a room of a hundred people and you have the same excitement and emotions!!! <3 Rupert sighs

Posted by SammHpTwifan on June 28, 2009, 12:32 PM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

LOL Great article!

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on June 28, 2009, 12:57 PM report to moderator
Halloween_picture_thumb

He is sooo adorable…I hope he is a cool as he comes across in interviews

Posted by kellyn on June 28, 2009, 01:38 PM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

“Well, I’m American, and I wouldn’t walk into my front yard to meet the Obamas.”

@danaskeeter ROAR!,

How about your back yard? Would that be easier for you? Of course, that’s as long as you didn’t have to hop a fence. I’m sure the Obamas wouldn’t want you to strain yourself trying to meet them.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on June 28, 2009, 02:02 PM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

Great article – but Rupert old buddy, there’s a million lads out there that would have been happy to take 5 takes on that kiss – maybe even 50!!!

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on June 28, 2009, 02:03 PM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

It’s funny that they couldn’t stop laughing! I can’t wait to see the KISS!!!!

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on June 28, 2009, 02:08 PM report to moderator
Msn_thumb

I completely agree, they can’t show it at all before the actual movie!!! Haha, I loved the bit about his ice-cream van :)

Posted by HermioneRon4ever on June 28, 2009, 02:11 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

I love Rupert =)

Posted by Christine on June 28, 2009, 02:12 PM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

jajajajajajaja!!! they finally kissed!!! that’s so cool!!! Great Interview also!!!

4pchrmb_thumb

Epic article right there

Posted by lupinwandcaster on June 28, 2009, 02:25 PM report to moderator

OMG!! Those pics!! O_O And I love how lately he’s opened up more in interviews ^^

Posted by Bonnie Radcliffe on June 28, 2009, 02:27 PM report to moderator
Playermodel

cant wait to see this scene

Posted by jonfrog {ROAR} on June 28, 2009, 02:31 PM report to moderator
Yuleball29wd_thumb

“…she’d met the Queen the day before – but visiting the Potter set was far more exciting, that we were a lot cooler.” lol

Posted by Half-blood Princess on June 28, 2009, 02:38 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

I can’t wait to see this scene…. been waiting to see it for years!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on June 28, 2009, 02:59 PM report to moderator
Laughing_dan_thumb
2027 Points

ive always wished that theyve had a running camera the entire time they were on set. like i would love to see the first take were they have to kiss and just end of cracking up :)

Posted by sunlitdays (ROAR) on June 28, 2009, 03:21 PM report to moderator

"Hello, Harry," said George, beaming at him. "We thought we heard your dulcet tones."[br]"You don't want to bottle up your anger like that, Harry, let it all out," said Fred, also beaming. "There might be a couple of people fifty miles away who didn't hea