Rupert Grint on Kissing Emma Watson for Deathly Hallows, the Murder of Rob Knox, Mrs. Obama Visit, More

Grint
June 28, 2009, 12:24 AM

As a follow to the article below, the Daily Mail has a brand new profile online featuring Rupert Grint (plus these fantastic new photos), where he discusses filming for Deathly Hallows the long awaited kiss between his character of Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. Rupert says of filming the scene with his longtime co-star Emma Watson:

The hardest things for me are intimate scenes. Last week I filmed the long-awaited kissing scene with Emma Watson for Half-Blood Prince. Kissing her was always going to be strange. We’ve known each other for ten years so it was a bit like kissing my sister. We were both determined to get it right the first time, but our first try was a disaster because we both felt so self-conscious we couldn’t stop laughing. It took five takes in all.

In this very lengthy article, Rupert also goes on to speak about the late Rob Knox, the young man who was so tragically murdered shortly after filming his role in Half-Blood Prince. Rupert says: ‘Rob didn’t have a big role in the film but I got to know him well,’ says Grint. ‘Everyone on the set liked him. He was a funny lad, a proper character. Going to his funeral... that was a sad day. Rob was the first young person I knew who’d died. The enormity of his death hasn’t really sunk in for me yet. But I’ve learnt something from it in terms of counting my blessings, realising how lucky I am and the importance of making the right decisions for the future.’

Rupert also speaks about a recent event that made headlines world wide when Michelle Obama, the wife of the President of the United States Barack Obama, paid a visit to the set of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Rupert recalls the visit: " 'I’m not easily impressed by famous people, but nothing’s matched this,’ he says. ‘I didn’t think I was going to be nervous, then this huge motorcade pulled up at the studio and Michelle stepped out of a black Range Rover and everybody was speechless. It’s hard to imagine Gordon Brown having that kind of effect. ‘We sat around, ate cake and chatted. She said that the President is a big fan of the films and loves the books, and that she’d met the Queen the day before – but visiting the Potter set was far more exciting, that we were a lot cooler. It was hard to take it all in. I kept thinking, “Here I am talking to the First Lady.' "

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Grint News

Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

Rupert. Rupert. AH! I love this guy :]. Awesome interview. I can imagine the kiss was awk.

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on June 28, 2009, 03:36 PM report to moderator
_100x100___9__thumb

i can’t wait DH!!

Posted by Ria on June 28, 2009, 03:49 PM report to moderator

Well, I’m American, and I wouldn’t walk into my front yard to meet the Obamas.

Posted by danaskeeter *ROAR!* on June 28, 2009, 05:04 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_thumb

I like the second-to-last pic the best. I think the other ones just look like he’s playing dress up. But they are all well-done.

Posted by Lady of the Lake on June 28, 2009, 06:58 PM report to moderator
Picture1_thumb

I can imagine how the kiss would be. I think it would be like kissing my best guy friend. But, I think more, because it’s THE kiss in Harry Potter and it has to be “perfect.” It’s not just in their minds that they’re kissing a good friend, but that they’re doing the “kiss heard round the world.”

Posted by blue4t on June 28, 2009, 07:07 PM report to moderator
123243568049178a031a5a3_thumb

ooo great article!!! cheers for posting!
YAY im eccentric maybe he will date me!!

Posted by caroliine23 on June 28, 2009, 07:46 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-voldemort-thumb_normal_thumb

lol ice cream trucks!! never saw that one coming!

Posted by LoSushi! [[ ROAR ]] on June 28, 2009, 08:17 PM report to moderator
Luna-lovegood-hbp_thumb

‘It’s hard to imagine Gordon Brown having that kind of effect.’ lol =)

Posted by lunalovegoodlove on June 28, 2009, 08:58 PM report to moderator
001_thumb

I like interviews, thanx :D

Posted by saffran { roar } on June 28, 2009, 09:21 PM report to moderator
Littlel_thumb

Ha ha I nearly spat my coffee out, his polite comment about Brown made my day! Well done :)

Posted by littleL on June 28, 2009, 09:48 PM report to moderator
Normal_dh_stills_0001_thumb

that had to be so awkward for them but i’m sure they pulled it off. and him getting to visit with mrs. obama is very awesome

Posted by HPandtheDA007 on June 28, 2009, 10:01 PM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

He has nothing to worry about! He will have an amazing after HP series, he is so talanted!!!! :)

Posted by Pollytomat on June 28, 2009, 10:56 PM report to moderator
Dailyprophet_thumb

Aw :]
I love him so much!
And I also don’t want to see the kiss in trailers! I mean… 7 movies and then this epic moment in a trailer?? noooo way

Posted by Ravonja [WBM♥] on June 28, 2009, 11:07 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! I’m in love!!! ohhhhh Rupert <3
mmmm..these pics…Bond,James Bond. :D
kisssss!! I don’t want it in the trailers either!!! they have to hide it in the vault,somewhere,I dunno!!! But I DO NOT WANT TO SEE IT! until the movie comes out : ) …now I’m going to cry again!

Posted by Matea on June 28, 2009, 11:53 PM report to moderator
67_richardoud_thumb

Ahhhh! Spoilers! Lot looking, not looking I HAVE TO LOOK!

Posted by Noella_Mansrot [Raven] {WBM} on June 29, 2009, 12:18 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

James whirled about; a second flash of light later, Snape was hanging upside down in the air, his robes falling over his head to reveal skinny, pallid legs and a pair of graying underpants.