Joke Shop Talk and More with the Phelps Brothers

HBP Film
June 29, 2009, 07:40 PM

James and Oliver Phelps are featured today in the continuing series of articles from the LA Times. Today they speak to the two brothers who portray Fred and George Weasley in the series. Of interest are new comments about the beloved twins and their new joke shop that we see in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Quotage:

MG: What was your favorite experience working on “Half-Blood Prince?”

OP:  That would be being a part of the Fred and George joke shop scene. The crew built an exquisite set and there are a lot of special effects involved to simulate the magical pops and explosions. It’s a great scene.
JP: I really enjoyed working with the crew. Most of my actual acting I was able to complete in about two weeks. When I wasn’t acting I would help the crew set up scenes and shots. I learned a lot more about direction and filmmaking in general and that was pretty cool.

MG: Are you often confused for each other like the Weasley twins are in the movie?

OP: It’s funny that you should ask that, because we rarely are. When we first went in for casting calls and got the part the crew was very methodical. They said to me “You’re George,” and to James, “You’re Fred” and I guess it stuck because no one ever really got confused.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Downsized_0124001234a_thumb

Those guys are so great. It’s going to seem like the longest stretch as we are waiting for the movie [:

Posted by Olivia Elaine a.k.a Agent Pomplamoose on June 30, 2009, 01:32 AM report to moderator
1393057603281_thumb
22032 Points

cool! nice interview!!!

Phelpstwins_thumb

this is a great article— but I’m biased, the Weasley twins are my favourites! It’s interesting that James is into voice performance. I can’t say I’ve ever heard of anyone just being interested in that specifically… and I actually know a lot of people who do it professionally ._o

Posted by deadtree ♥WBM♥ on June 30, 2009, 06:59 AM report to moderator
Kc_lucius1_thumb

I cant wait to see the joke shop!!

Posted by KC Nox on June 30, 2009, 08:00 AM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

awesome I cant wait to see WWW.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on June 30, 2009, 08:01 AM report to moderator
Electric_guitar_thumb

I just hope they do WWW well in the movie.

Posted by Lloyd on June 30, 2009, 08:47 AM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

Love them both!

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on June 30, 2009, 09:22 AM report to moderator
Thumb_thumb

The Phleps twins are just so great – they embody the book characters perfectly for me.

Posted by Rosemunde on June 30, 2009, 10:11 AM report to moderator
Hp___dh_40_thumb

Cool. i think the phelps twins are amazing as fred & george. they really understand the characters.

Posted by iheartpink(ROAR) on June 30, 2009, 10:25 AM report to moderator

i love how they just seem to love to potray the characters and i think in some way they have a bit of fred n george in them

Posted by granger_malfoy on June 30, 2009, 11:45 AM report to moderator
Picture_1_thumb

i love them SO much!!!! they are perfect for fred and george….and ferd is right….he is the hotter twin

Posted by theREALGinnyWeasley on June 30, 2009, 12:05 PM report to moderator
Ravatar

mmMMmm… they make the /perfect/ Fred and George!!

Posted by Slytherclaw89 on June 30, 2009, 01:27 PM report to moderator
Zzz_thumb

The Phelps twins are the perfect Fred and George! At least now I know for sure who plays Fred and who plays George :) I really hope they do WW well in the movie, considering it’s one of my favorite parts in the book.

Posted by mOOn-stArs-sUn [WBM] on June 30, 2009, 01:48 PM report to moderator
Hagrid_thumb

THE PHELPS TWINS REALLY SEEM TO BE ENJOYING PORTRAYING THE WEASLEY TWINS. THEY ARE PERFECT.

Posted by biiigbob on June 30, 2009, 01:49 PM report to moderator

Poor James. He has to die. :(

Posted by albuspotter27 (the Radish) [sherbert] on June 30, 2009, 02:08 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Your father thinks very highly of Mad-Eye Moody," said Mrs. Weasley sternly.[br]"Yeah, well, Dad collects plugs, doesn't he?" said Fred quietly as Mrs. Weasley left the room. "Birds of a feather..."