New Photos of Walls from Hogwarts Castle Under Construction at Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Fans
June 03, 2009, 10:36 AM

New photos are online today, showing walls to be used for Hogwarts Castle and more at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park attraction under construction in Orlando, Florida. Via this forum, you can see large photos of the elaborate glass windows, spires and walls that will be part of the Great Hall of Hogwarts. Also available are photos of the snow covered buildings and walls that will be part of Hogsmeade Village at the theme park being built at Universal Orlando. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is due to open sometime early 2010.

Thanks to UHP for the heads up!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

N505104779_1292209_2919784_thumb

I’m so glad that the people behind it are taking the subject of detail in the construction seriously. Up until I saw these pictures, I didn’t know (but then again I guess no one else did, either) how detailed the buildings would be compared to, let’s say, the movies. But it’s nice to know that we’ll most definitely feel as if we’re a part of the Harry Potter world when it opens. I’m so excited!

Posted by Jason Devastation on June 03, 2009, 11:21 PM report to moderator
006-2_thumb

I find it funny that they’ve chosen to make the whole thing covered in snow, as if Hogwarts only existed in winter or something like that. It’s beautiful, still. What I’m not sure I like is how some of the Great Hall wall/windows seem to be placed just in front of a windowless steel building, like they’re obivously fake and if we ever get inside we won’t actually see outside. Maybe I’m wrong, maybe there will be windows, but now it just seems weird.

Posted by Germain on June 04, 2009, 12:19 AM report to moderator
Hpg05_thumb

The photos are brilliant o … I want to go x3:D

Posted by potterrock on June 04, 2009, 12:50 AM report to moderator
Order_of_the_phoenix__3__thumb

wow, it’s looking really awesome!!

Posted by kingdom on June 04, 2009, 01:18 AM report to moderator
Jd_thumb

Everything looks awesome! Can’t wait for it to open!

Posted by hp_flower {WBM} on June 04, 2009, 01:29 AM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

ha I agree..I hope the building behing it is only a temp…it takes some of the awe away…but I gasped first time I the pics…I’M SO EXCITED!!!!! :DD

Posted by Mary11_hplvr*WBM* on June 04, 2009, 01:36 AM report to moderator

stunning!!
i love the hogsmede snowy theme.
that’s all we see it as in the movie right?
great!
can’t wait to see whats next!

Posted by john-robert. on June 04, 2009, 01:47 AM report to moderator

OMG!!!! Those pics are great!!!!!!!!! I can’t wait for it to be done!!!!!! I will definitely go there!!!!

Posted by hp-fan (Roar!) on June 04, 2009, 03:20 AM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

Ahh! I reallyyyy hope I can go. I’m trying to get my brother into the books so my parents will be more convinced!

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on June 04, 2009, 03:37 AM report to moderator
Img_4556_thumb

Very nice

Posted by Dolemite [FTC!] on June 04, 2009, 03:39 AM report to moderator
Img_0052__risoluzione_del_desktop_

My god why does florida have to be so far away…and why do i have to have no way of getting there in the year 2010 its just ridiculous!

Posted by ROAR! lilyjames on June 04, 2009, 04:07 AM report to moderator

It looks amazing!

Posted by Heavenly_Horcrux on June 04, 2009, 04:49 AM report to moderator
66071_440073881516_721806516_5709069_6899239_n_thumb

That looks so amazingly awesome :D

Posted by Sara Weasley on June 04, 2009, 05:29 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Awesome

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on June 04, 2009, 05:32 AM report to moderator
12440441_thumb
19573 Points

I love the photos they are amazing

Posted by R-for-H {ROAR} :D on June 04, 2009, 06:02 AM report to moderator

When Sirius wrested a large golden ring bearing the Black crest from his grip Kreacher actually burst into furious tears...[br]"It was my father's," said Sirius, throwing the ring into the sack. "Kreacher wasn't [i]quite[/i] as devoted to him as to my mot