Bill Nighy as Rufus Scrimgeour for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DH Film
June 30, 2009, 11:18 PM

Several weeks ago, as first heard exclusively on PotterCast, this editor brought the news that actor Bill Nighy had been cast in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. We are delighted to say that Bill Nighy, who will be taking on the part of Minister of Magic Rufus Scrimgeour for the film, has made new comments about his upcoming appearance in the final installment in the Harry Potter series. Mr. Nighy said: "I don't think I'm allowed to say it but I'm going to be in the next Harry Potter film," he tells us. "I won't say which character, but he's a goodie. I just got the gig." If you don't mind us saying, it's about time, Bill. The rangy actor has been dropping hints for aeons, once complaining that he was "the only British actor who hasn't been in Harry Potter". But has he read the books? "Not yet, but I will!" he says. "It's rather like being in a Shakespeare that way, you know?" Mm.

Bill Nighy is a well regarded actor from the UK, known for his appearances in the Pirates of the Caribbean series, State of Play directed by David Yates, The Constant Gardener, the upcoming Wild Target with Rupert Grint, and a beloved comedic turn in Love, Actually.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Ronhermione_thumb

he was so good as Davey Jones. he will play a reeally good scrimgeour!!!

He looks just like how I pictured Scrimgeour!

Posted by vanillakirsty on July 04, 2009, 07:31 AM report to moderator
Kc_lucius1_thumb

I love Bill Nighy!!! So excited hes going to be scrimgeour!

Posted by KC Nox on July 09, 2009, 10:51 AM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

he isn’t anything like i pictured.oh well :-)

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on August 02, 2009, 01:26 PM report to moderator
Rumbleroar__thumb

Excluding the fact that he was in G-Force, I think he would make an amazing addition to the HP cast.

Perfect for Rufus Scrimgeour as well. Just how I picture him.

Posted by Rumbleroar on August 17, 2009, 02:42 PM report to moderator
Rumbleroar__thumb

Perfect for Rufus Scrimgeour as well. Just how I picture him.

Posted by Rumbleroar on August 17, 2009, 02:43 PM report to moderator
Rumbleroar__thumb

Perfect for Rufus Scrimgeour as well. Just how I picture him.

Posted by Rumbleroar on August 17, 2009, 02:44 PM report to moderator
Rumbleroar__thumb

Perfect for Rufus Scrimgeour as well. Just how I picture him.

Posted by Rumbleroar on August 17, 2009, 02:46 PM report to moderator
Butterbeer_thumb

i think he’ll play the part well

Posted by expelliarmus9 on January 02, 2010, 02:29 AM report to moderator

Frowning, he avoided [Rita Skeeter's] gaze and looked down at words the quill had just written: [i]Tears fill those startlingly green eyes as our conversation turns to the parents he can barely remember.[/i][br]"I have NOT got tears in my eyes!" said Harr