New Interview Online with Trio, David Yates fom MSN UK

Actor Interviews
Posted by: Edward
June 06, 2009, 04:15 PM

There is a new interview online from MSN UK in correlation with the Harry Potter Tour (see below) with Harry Potter actors Dan Radcliffe (Harry), Rupert Grint (Ron), and Emma Watson (Hermione), as well as Half-Blood Prince director David Yates.  This Q&A interview features a number of questions on a variety of subjects posed to the Trio and Mr. Yates.

In the Q&A with actor Dan Radcliffe, the young discusses his desires to work on projects outside Harry Potter, the feelings upon filming the final films ("[Harry Potter] does act as a safety net, in a way, when you're going off to make something else. Knowing that you don't have that will be sad. I'll be sad to leave the character behind and not see the friends I've made on a daily basis"), his love for indie rock, and his thoughts on the different sides of Harry the sixth film with show.  To this, he relates:

DAN RADCLIFFE: There's friction in this film it's much more to do with Ron and Hermione than it is to do with Harry. Harry is unhappy for a lot of this film, mainly because people keep trying to kill him. And his love life is awful, too. That's what Jo [JK Rowling] does so well: combining everyday, mundane problems with this incredible other world.
Miss Watson relates similar feelings in her interview, speaking of her experiences filming the Harry Potter series, the budding romance between characters Hermione and Ron, her win at the ITV Movie Awards, and the diary she keeps of "funny little things I said or thought."  She goes on to say of this:
EMMA WATSON: ...I also have memory boxes filled with things from the early films, including bits of the chess set. I have funny bits and pieces that they let us keep.
QUESTION: Might all of that be helpful for an autobiography one day?
EMMA WATSON: No, I couldn't see myself doing that. It's too strange and weird looking back on that little girl. I'm very self-critical so I find it hard to watch the early films again. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix was a film I was proud of, but I had to watch it three or four times before I could calm myself down and stay focused on my performance.
Next, Rupert Grint talks of his nostalgia watching the early Potter films, the ending of Deathly Hallows ("I was quite happy with the ending"), and the new Quidditch scenes his character is featured in during the film.  Quoteage:
RUPERT GRINT: Yeah, I've never done Quidditch in the films before so this is my first Quidditch experience. Dan says it's really painful and I know where he's coming from because it's quite uncomfortable, with the harness and stuff, and you're getting slung about. There are two stages. One is the try-outs where Ron is not very good and keeps getting hit in the face. Another stage is where Ron takes the potion and thinks he is really, really good. It's quite tricky but I've really enjoyed it. I'm always on a wire because the broom is quite high up, about 18 feet.
Finally, director David Yates sits down to answer questions about his returning as director for the final films, the performances from the actors in the film, his decision to return for Deathly Hallows, and a 'through-line,' which Yates says "...goes right the way through to the end... We're just putting in all sorts of little details between the characters, which hopefully will resonate through the films."  Mr. Yates also goes on to describe the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince film as:
It’s love, potions and rock ‘n’ roll. There are all these wonderful things in our story. There’s a potion that gives you perfect luck. You take it and everything goes right for you. But it does heighten your senses somewhat and you get quite breezy with it. Then there’s a love potion that makes you very tactile with everybody. Rupert gets overly tactile with Jim Broadbent at one point. So, it’s got all those metaphorical values. There are some really lovely comic beats here, which we didn’t really get a chance to do last time. It was just a very different beast.
Thanks to Order Partners RupertGrint.net and DanRadcliffe.com.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Actor Interviews News

Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

“My little cousins actually think I’m magic.”
hahahahaha.Rupert,I love you!
great and interesting interview!

Posted by Matea on June 06, 2009, 04:39 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lp9f45jqbm1r0sjoeo1_500_large_thumb

good stuff! i love all the stuff about table tennis,lol

Posted by aval on June 06, 2009, 04:42 PM report to moderator

this is awesooooome

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on June 06, 2009, 04:52 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

great interviews, hah loved Rupert’s bit about how his cousins think he’s magic. :]

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on June 06, 2009, 05:50 PM report to moderator
Bartyc_thumb

cool

Posted by ghostflyer on June 06, 2009, 06:51 PM report to moderator
Kit_thumb

I love it that Rupert had lots more to say than he usually does. It’s about time!
I enjoyed all of their interviews. What a talented lot!

Posted by Fereverto on June 06, 2009, 06:59 PM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

Cool

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on June 06, 2009, 07:52 PM report to moderator
Minerva_mcgonagall_thumb

Nice interview, each actor had a lot to say. I don’t like to think about the movies coming to an end, so I can’t imagine how they feel!

Posted by oldenoughtoknowbetter♎ROAR♎OoM1, CW on June 06, 2009, 08:49 PM report to moderator
Ringtailedcat_thumb

I really liked this interview; there were many fun comments!

Posted by starkitty313 on June 06, 2009, 10:46 PM report to moderator
Img_4556_thumb

Nice job.

Posted by Dolemite [FTC!] on June 06, 2009, 10:58 PM report to moderator
Dobbyyoda_thumb

Great interviews. Thanks so much for posting the link.

Posted by bookishgal,OoM3,GS on June 07, 2009, 03:05 AM report to moderator
295565_thumb

cool!!

Posted by soso on June 07, 2009, 04:32 AM report to moderator
Wgwg2_thumb
2064 Points

This was a wonderful interview, I really enjoyed it :) I love how everyone talked about table tennis

Posted by hp29 [ROAR!] on June 07, 2009, 04:50 AM report to moderator
Waldohreule_thumb

this was seriously cool stuff!
It’s been nice to get an insight on the actors’ feelings.
Rupert is so sweet,talking about how shy he is.
Oh, and the bits about table tennis were quite fun :-)

Posted by snowyowl77 on June 07, 2009, 05:00 AM report to moderator

Lol I love how he compared potions to drugs; never thought of it that way. But now that I think about it love potions do bear a slight resemblance to a certain drug..(with all the touching and everything).which I don’t recommend ever taking ;) Also the way the luck potion can end up ruining you if you take it more than a couple of times.

Posted by entoptic on June 07, 2009, 05:51 AM report to moderator

"You're a Parselmouth. Why didn't you tell us?"[br]"I'm a what?" said Harry.[br][i]"A Parselmouth!"[/i] said Ron. "You can talk to snakes!"