500 Harry Potter and Half-Blood Prince Showings Already Sold Out

HBP Film
July 10, 2009, 10:30 AM

Movie-tickets.com has announced today that Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince has become one of the biggest advance ticket sellers ever. In a release, the website says that HBP "has already sold out over 500 performances worldwide, including over 300 midnight showings in the U.S. alone. It currently accounts for over 60 percent of ticket sales at MovieTickets.com and these numbers are expected to rise dramatically as the July 15 release date approaches."

Earlier Reuters was reporting that the film is predicted to generate huge sums of money, with " box office experts see little reason to doubt that the sixth installment will fall within the $800 million to $1 billion range, a huge amount for a single film. "This is just a remarkable franchise that has consistently drawn blockbuster numbers each time out, and it is hard to imagine this picture not continuing that trend," said Brandon Gray, president of tracking firm Box Office Mojo."

Tickets and Midnight screenings do remain available world wide for the release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, due out formally here in the US on July 15.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Went and got my tickets today. I was talking to the theater manager and he told me to be there before 7 pm to start lining up. He said the movie (Ice age) playing before HBP that night will let out at 9:45 and they will let the HP people in at 10:00. They still had a lot of tickets and so far are only showing on two screens but a ton of people show up early the day of to get the tickets.

When OOTP came out they did the same thing with only the two screens but by the time the movie started at midnight they had 15 of the 20 screens playing OOTP it took them forever to get all the movies started because they could not start them before 12:01 and they had one guy running around starting all 15.

Posted by mlc on July 10, 2009, 02:53 PM report to moderator
Normal_hp_actors_thumb

Got my tickets two weeks ago. Happy that I did because the theater I’m going to added two more show’s and all but one is sold out.

Posted by CandyCane2304 on July 10, 2009, 04:19 PM report to moderator
Rainingmen_thumb

I have my midnight showing tickets, and I know that several of the screens at that particular theatre were already sold out. Pretty darn cool!

Posted by BwaySaint on July 10, 2009, 04:20 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Not a surprise really….Harry Potter is awesome!! LOL So glad I already got my tickets. :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on July 10, 2009, 04:22 PM report to moderator
Rainingmen_thumb

Though, my friends and I are meeting at 10pm. I’m hoping that’s ok. There are 4 or 5 screens showing the film at midnight, so I hope we’re ok!!

Posted by BwaySaint on July 10, 2009, 04:23 PM report to moderator
Img_e015_thumb

hahaha I bought mine like a month ago!!! and already the midnight show was sold out so I had to buy the 3:00am!!! hahaha I’m crazy!

Posted by laura399 {WBM} on July 10, 2009, 04:38 PM report to moderator
Img_e015_thumb

OMG…..this is awesome!!!!

Posted by laura399 {WBM} on July 10, 2009, 04:39 PM report to moderator
Dsc08588_thumb

I’m pretty sure the theater I’m going to is doing 4 showings at (nearly) midnight…and at least one of them is sold out. I need to get my tickets TODAY! :|

Posted by Jade Danielle (WBM) on July 10, 2009, 04:59 PM report to moderator

Wow. I should definitely buy my tickets today.

Posted by badger666 on July 10, 2009, 05:05 PM report to moderator
Iconator_e5413e9850e2294d5bfb655a9ead163b_thumb

They have multiple midnight showings in my area. At my theater I am seeing it at 12:01. They also have showings for 12:02, 12:03, 12:04, 12:05, 12:06, and 12:07. All but one are sold out. Thankefully I bought mine last month. It’s gonna be a full house!! yay!!!!

Posted by PadfootLover4ever on July 10, 2009, 06:09 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_m2rela3or11qdoyv4o1_500_thumb

I’m really glad I already bought my tickets, then!

Posted by *ariana_dumbledore* on July 10, 2009, 08:18 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

wow lol!!!!!!!

Great news, its good to see some people are going to see good movies instead of most of the stuff put out. I already got my ticket for midnight :)

Posted by ender650 on July 11, 2009, 02:01 PM report to moderator
Mcgonagalldh_thumb

I don’t have tickets yet. I don’t do Fandango. I was hoping to go the day before and get advanced tickets. Hope I can get the showing I want!

Posted by iamminerva on July 11, 2009, 05:36 PM report to moderator
Kc_lucius1_thumb

yikes! need to get my tickets!

Posted by KC Nox on July 13, 2009, 02:55 AM report to moderator

It occurred to him that he had never managed to get this far into the forest without meeting some kind of creature -- their absence struck him as rather ominous.