Harry Potter Artist Mary GrandPre Appearance Tonight in Washington DC

Books
July 13, 2009, 03:18 PM

Artist Mary GrandPre, who created the cover work and illustrations for the US editions of the Harry Potter novels by J.K. Rowling, will be appearing in person tonight at the Corcoran Gallery of Art in Washington, DC. According to the website, Ms. Grandpre "takes to the Corcoran stage to discuss her impressive career and to share her delightfully stunning illustrations which have earned her so much recognition." The event starts at 7:00pm tonight; ticket info can be found here.

Thanks for the heads up RJ!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

Snapeward_thumb

SO EXCITED! Yessss! Nothing interesting (…except PotterCast once every few years… wah wah wah) comes to DC!

Posted by Hufflepuffler on July 13, 2009, 03:29 PM report to moderator
Iheartfredgeorge_thumb

Aw man, I wish I knew this sooner so that I could go. :(

Posted by Mera004 on July 13, 2009, 03:35 PM report to moderator
Twitter_version_thumb

my favourite potter book covers have to be the UK adult version. Though I only have the children version at the moment

Posted by sianletley on July 13, 2009, 03:36 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

Although i quite admire her artwork i’m still not 100% convinced about her drawing abilities especially when it comes to the cover of GOF. The UK versions are full of details in comparison to her cover art.

Posted by Mr. Brightside on July 13, 2009, 03:42 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Hmmmmm.

Posted by Won_Two on July 13, 2009, 03:46 PM report to moderator
Dare-to-be-clever_thumb

good for her!!! she is a wonderful artist

Posted by Morgana_Black*WBM* on July 13, 2009, 03:50 PM report to moderator
4pchrmb_thumb

Is the picture for this article the Sorcerer’s Stone cover?

Posted by lupinwandcaster on July 13, 2009, 03:54 PM report to moderator
P1000452__3__thumb

I love her work!

Posted by LulaL on July 13, 2009, 03:59 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

I f you live in DC go and enjoy the show!

Posted by Fresca ROAR on July 13, 2009, 04:00 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

everyone in dc enjoy lucky gits pouting:(

Posted by The Nerd on July 13, 2009, 04:16 PM report to moderator

Mary has a fairly distinct art style, and I love what she did with the universe of Harry Potter. If you attend this event, I hope you enjoy. I’ve heard that she’s an incredibly friendly woman.

Posted by SwedishSkinJer on July 13, 2009, 04:30 PM report to moderator
9793229_thumb

Not fair at all! If I would have known about this sooner, I so could have gone. Unfortunately, with the midnight release tomorrow, my mom is going to be tired enough without. The one time anything happens in DC, I swear, and I can’t go. No one ever comes here. We’re so unloved. xD

Posted by Ouroboros on July 13, 2009, 04:44 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Wish I lived up there… I would totally go!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on July 13, 2009, 05:11 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb
wish I could go. i live 3 hours away. and it starts in an hour id never get there.
Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 13, 2009, 05:46 PM report to moderator
Hagrid_thumb

She deserves the recognition.

Posted by biiigbob on July 13, 2009, 07:28 PM report to moderator

"I decided to leave behind a diary, preserving my sixteen-year-old self in its pages, so that one day, with luck, I would be able to lead another in my footsteps, and finish Salazar Slytherin's noble work."