Harry Potter Artist Mary GrandPre Appearance Tonight in Washington DC

Books
July 13, 2009, 03:18 PM

Artist Mary GrandPre, who created the cover work and illustrations for the US editions of the Harry Potter novels by J.K. Rowling, will be appearing in person tonight at the Corcoran Gallery of Art in Washington, DC. According to the website, Ms. Grandpre "takes to the Corcoran stage to discuss her impressive career and to share her delightfully stunning illustrations which have earned her so much recognition." The event starts at 7:00pm tonight; ticket info can be found here.

Thanks for the heads up RJ!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

Remus_thumb

Oohhh sad face I wish I’d heard about this earlier. I love her art.

Posted by KateKintail on July 13, 2009, 10:17 PM report to moderator
Me_edit_thumb

I really enjoy ms.Grandpre’s artwork. its very modern, yet simple, and I think that gives quite a mystery to the style of the US books.

I went to the Marie Grandpre Exhibition in Cedar Rapids, Iowa And it was fantastic!

I think she really does have extreme talent, as there was much more work there than just her Harry Potter works…however i did tend to linger there MUCH longer! XD

Posted by kraamerXmich ♠{WBM}♠ [Pigeon] on July 13, 2009, 11:24 PM report to moderator
Me_edit_thumb

Posted by kraamerXmich ♠{WBM}♠ [Pigeon] on July 13, 2009, 11:26 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

I love her work with Harry Potter. I’ve seen the cover art for other countries’ books, and I personally like Mary GrandPre’s the best.

Posted by Wingardium Leviosa ❄WBM❄ on July 18, 2009, 10:20 AM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

she does really great work

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on July 22, 2009, 01:02 AM report to moderator

...a gigantic pair of wheels and headlights screeched to a halt exactly where Harry had just been lying. They belonged, as Harry saw when he raised his head, to a triple-decker, violently purple bus, which had appeared out of thin air. Gold lettering over