Harry Potter Mania at Paste Magazine

HBP Film
July 14, 2009, 05:26 PM

Thanks so much to Tim from Paste Magazine for emailing about a huge Harry Potter feature they have today celebrating the release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. While there are many fun tidbits to be found including features on Quidditch, Brad Neely's Wizard People film, Potter courses in universities, quiz, book poll, loads of Wizard Rock, and fun playlists for each of the Hogwarts Houses.
Also of note are two new interviews, one with actor Dan Radcliffe, and this with Emma Watson who publicly states she is going to attend Brown University this fall, and speaks again on her admiration for J.K. Rowling:

Paste: You’ve got very close to J.K. Rowling.
Watson: And to Helena Bonham Carter, as well. I look up to both of those women as mentors in their own fields. It’s nice to talk to—and to listen to—an older woman who has gone through what you’re going through, and to get their opinion. And it is always opinion. They never dish out big clunks of advice.

Paste: Ever kept a souvenir from the set?
Watson: Never. Everything is accounted for and everything has to remain in place—unless it finds its way into an exhibition. You can’t walk off with anything. They’d be furious if you did!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

So, Brown, then? Well, in her video interviews she wanted to keep it private? And now she says it? And didn´t she say Liberal Arts on Letterman? Now it is Literature? Why do some of the answers sound like I´ve read them before?

But then again – maybe she has changed her mind … again. :)

Posted by Fonty on July 14, 2009, 05:42 PM report to moderator
Iconavmeg_thumb

That’s awsome. Wish I could say I was close to Helena Bonham Carter and J K Rowling. aww..

Posted by Cheimonas on July 14, 2009, 05:42 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

“Chris Columbus, who directed the first Potter film, just turned the sound off on the set, and we dubbed our lines in later. That way, he could give us direct instructions on what to do, and where the special effects were to come in.”

I had no idea. And i was also unaware of Dan’s poetry book. Pretty interesting interviews

Posted by Mr. Brightside on July 14, 2009, 05:43 PM report to moderator
Ari_with_roses_thumb

that was a fun quiz

Posted by Amy Darlene on July 14, 2009, 05:45 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

This is pretty awesome! I took the quiz and it was easy except for the question about Voldemort’s wand. I missed that one.

I think Emma is the only one who doesn’t have a souvenir. She’s too much like Hermione. lol. She doesn’t have anything because it’s against the rules.

Posted by cghambright on July 14, 2009, 05:46 PM report to moderator

Well, I still have my doubts:
“Watson: I am—to Brown, which is an Ivy League establishment in the U.S.A. I’ve got a place there to read literature.”
On Letterman she said Liberal Arts! That´s not exactly the same, is it? And I´ve spend the week listening to Emma audio and video, that´s not exactly the way she speaks.

But then again – I could be wrong …

Posted by Fonty on July 14, 2009, 05:47 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

@Fonty: Liberal arts includes Literature and art. It’s part of the degree.

Posted by cghambright on July 14, 2009, 05:47 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

That Poll is like torture! It’s so hard to pick one book. I love them all.

I chose Deathly Hallows though.

Posted by cghambright on July 14, 2009, 05:50 PM report to moderator
Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

Great interviews! Can always count on Dan and Emma for great ones!

Posted by beewell on July 14, 2009, 05:54 PM report to moderator
Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

Got all the questions right but one..couldn’t remember until after I answered what Umbridge’s patronus was. Boy was I dumb on that one. All the books are my favorites but I chose Hallows since it answered all the questions that arose.

Posted by beewell on July 14, 2009, 05:55 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

wow that quiz was easy I got all of the questions right.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 14, 2009, 06:02 PM report to moderator

Sorry, the interviews still seem strange to me. But I am going to see HBP in 20 and a half hours, so I might be crazy. Still within a day she went from keeping it private to talk about it in some obscure magazine …

Posted by Fonty on July 14, 2009, 06:06 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

I got Hufflepuff, what a surprise! Not really… I don’t really like the Hufflelist. Ravenlist and Slytherlist are quite better. I mean, just because someone is a Hufflepuff it’s not all trees and flowers please! I have to listen to those songs though.

Posted by Mr. Brightside on July 14, 2009, 06:10 PM report to moderator
Minerva_mcgonagall_thumb

I missed two, the Umbridge patronus and then I forgot which finger wormtail cut off… dumb

Posted by oldenoughtoknowbetter♎ROAR♎OoM1, CW on July 14, 2009, 06:15 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Brown huh? I had heard it was Columbia… Well, best of luck to her…

Posted by Won_Two on July 14, 2009, 06:46 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Saint Potter, the Mudbloods' friend," said Malfoy slowly. "He's another one with no proper wizard feeling, or he wouldn't go around with that jumped up Granger Mudblood. And people think [i]he's[/i] Slytherin's heir!"