Harry Potter Mania at Paste Magazine

HBP Film
July 14, 2009, 05:26 PM

Thanks so much to Tim from Paste Magazine for emailing about a huge Harry Potter feature they have today celebrating the release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. While there are many fun tidbits to be found including features on Quidditch, Brad Neely's Wizard People film, Potter courses in universities, quiz, book poll, loads of Wizard Rock, and fun playlists for each of the Hogwarts Houses.
Also of note are two new interviews, one with actor Dan Radcliffe, and this with Emma Watson who publicly states she is going to attend Brown University this fall, and speaks again on her admiration for J.K. Rowling:

Paste: You’ve got very close to J.K. Rowling.
Watson: And to Helena Bonham Carter, as well. I look up to both of those women as mentors in their own fields. It’s nice to talk to—and to listen to—an older woman who has gone through what you’re going through, and to get their opinion. And it is always opinion. They never dish out big clunks of advice.

Paste: Ever kept a souvenir from the set?
Watson: Never. Everything is accounted for and everything has to remain in place—unless it finds its way into an exhibition. You can’t walk off with anything. They’d be furious if you did!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Dhonesheet_thumb

The playlists are awesome!

@Fonty: I agree it is weird. Maybe she got tired of answering the question?

Posted by cghambright on July 14, 2009, 06:47 PM report to moderator
Andysnowhead2002b1_thumb

only got 13 out of 15.

Posted by Mugglejeff on July 14, 2009, 06:48 PM report to moderator
Jds_thumb

yay! i got everything right!
although the question about wormtail’s finger was very tricky i guessed!
i feel like hermione :)

Posted by reghermione on July 14, 2009, 07:03 PM report to moderator

Brown, Columbia – probably won’t know for sure until she arrives. Has anybody read whether she’s starting in the fall or is she delaying entrance for filming? It’s pretty common for students to apply and get accepted but for delayed entrance (so they can do a year of travel, or work in this case.

BTW, there’s also an Easter egg at Paste’s site (disclosure: I work there). Type Control-V (the control key and “v” at the same) while you’re on the site (just make sure your cursor is not in a text field like the address bar or search box). Today it’s an Easter egg; tomorrow it starts a full-fledged scavenger hunt.

Posted by timpaste on July 14, 2009, 07:04 PM report to moderator

I only got 13 out of 15 on that quiz. I feel stupid. Oh, well. The question about Peter’s finger was hard. And the sorting hat put me in Gryffindor which is kind of funny because I am totally utterly not a Gryffindor at all.

Posted by badger666 on July 14, 2009, 07:22 PM report to moderator

Posted by badger666 on July 14, 2009, 07:22 PM report to moderator

And I’m so glad that wrock is getting so much media attention lately. That is so cool!

Posted by badger666 on July 14, 2009, 07:32 PM report to moderator

Posted by badger666 on July 14, 2009, 07:36 PM report to moderator
4pchrmb_thumb

Isn’t Paste a music magazine?

Posted by lupinwandcaster on July 14, 2009, 10:58 PM report to moderator
4pchrmb_thumb

I love those house playlists!

Posted by lupinwandcaster on July 14, 2009, 11:02 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

awwww!! she should be able to get a souvenir off the set!!!!

Dhc-avatar_thumb

Are the interviews definitely legit, Sue? Because I thought parts of Dan’s were a bit off… just didn’t sound like him. I might be making things up, though.

Posted by The Hufflepuff Giraffe on July 15, 2009, 11:16 AM report to moderator

Glad that the movie is getting so much coverage. Everyone should go see it.

Posted by cauldronjane on July 15, 2009, 11:33 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

Fonty, Paste is not exactly an obscure magazine. It tends to focus more on “indie” film and music, but among that crowd it is probably the most respected publication out there. Paste is a great magazine/website, and they would never run a fake interview like that. I 100% stand behind their integrity as a publication and assure you that the article is genuine and Emma’s statements were true.

Posted by SkylinePigeon on July 17, 2009, 04:13 AM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

sounds good

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on July 25, 2009, 10:16 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Harry," she said timidly, "don't you see? This... this is exactly why we need you... We need to know what it's r-really like... facing him... facing V-Voldemort."[br]It was the first time she had ever said Voldemort's name, and it was this, more than any