IMAX 3D Releases List of Venues for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

HBP Film
July 14, 2009, 10:38 PM

In a new press release, Warner Bros has announced that Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: The 3D IMAX experience is the widest IMAX international release ever, opening in 62 theaters internationally. As stated before, three cities here in the US will see the film open in IMAX tomorrow, with more due to follow shortly. The piece also reminds us: "In IMAX(R) 3D theatres, the film will feature approximately 12 minutes of the movie's explosive opening sequence exclusively in live-action IMAX 3D, a special element fans last enjoyed in the final fight scene in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix in 2007." To see the entire list of International venues, click here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Capture10_thumb

I wish I could go to one. But there arent any IMAX theaters near me.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 14, 2009, 11:09 PM report to moderator
Dhc-avatar_thumb

Awesome! I never got to see OotP in IMAX 3D so this should be especially crazy. Squee!

Posted by The Hufflepuff Giraffe on July 14, 2009, 11:49 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I’ve seen the movie… and I will pass…

Posted by Won_Two on July 14, 2009, 11:52 PM report to moderator
Hedwig_avatar_thumb

I can’t say that I was overwhelmed by the OotP IMAX experience, but the sound system was much better. I thought the modern building was really weird and it nearly killed me to climb the stairs to reach the seats.

Posted by Graymayne on July 15, 2009, 05:02 AM report to moderator
Dd_thumb

Only the first 12 minutes? Is that really worth travelling 1 1/2 hours to the next IMAX theater? Hm… The end of OotP must have been more effective, but unfortunately I didn’t make it to an IMAX theater back then.

Posted by Flonk on July 15, 2009, 05:04 AM report to moderator
Show_sign_thumb

I don’t know what’s going on in the rest of the world, but I just got back from seeing HP6 at my IMAX theater in Branson, MO. I was definately in an IMAX theater and definately saw HP6 in IMAX at the midnight showing. It was without a doubt the greatest piece of cinema ever put on film. If someone can explain how Branson, MO got an IMAX version, when the rest of the world is having issues, that would be great!

Posted by suzukithor on July 15, 2009, 05:26 AM report to moderator
Horst193920mxsmaller_thumb

I’ve already seen the movie but I think I’ll go see it again at IMAX!

Posted by dior-able on July 15, 2009, 06:22 AM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

WOOO!! Im seeing HBP in an hour, not in imax but still cant wait!

Posted by Felix Felicis on July 15, 2009, 06:47 AM report to moderator
Andysnowhead2002b1_thumb

HP6 was great, I wanted to get back in line and watch it again.

Posted by Mugglejeff on July 15, 2009, 06:47 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_pic_thumb

In conjunction with the Harry Potter exhibit the Museum of Science and Industry is showing HBP in the OmiMax Dome. I’ve seen a few movies in that format and you really feel you’re part of the movie.

Posted by monicahp2009(WBM) on July 15, 2009, 06:52 AM report to moderator
P1000452__3__thumb

suzuki: I heard that they may be showing 35 mm prints, without the 3D, at some IMAX theaters before release of the 3Ds.

Posted by LulaL on July 15, 2009, 07:41 AM report to moderator
P1000452__3__thumb

Where’s the list of US IMAX’s?

Posted by LulaL on July 15, 2009, 07:41 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

awesum :) !!!! cant WAIT 4 HBP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Photo-103336_thumb_thumb

what the heck where’s Canada?? imax corp is canadian!!

Posted by Phlegm dela Coeur on July 15, 2009, 08:49 AM report to moderator
Mollyfied_thumb

There is an IMAX theater less than forty five minutes from me, but, they only ever show museum-oriented movies there.

Posted by Whisperwing*ROAR!* on July 15, 2009, 10:53 AM report to moderator

Disgusted that the Slytherins had lost, he had tried to get everyone laughing at how a wide-mouthed tree frog would be replacing Harry as Seeker next.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014