It is Half-Blood Prince Day! The fandom is taking over Twitter. Join in!

Fans
Posted by: Melissa
July 14, 2009, 01:30 PM

Today is the day that the many thousands of us around the country will be lining up to see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince; it's been two years since we saw an HP film. The last time we did this we were only a week away from the release of the seventh book.

The HP Alliance is spearheading a campaign today to help the presence and good spirit of Harry Potter fans make an impact worldwide: What Would Dumbledore Do got a half-start last week but thanks to other important world activities didn't quite track the trending topics. So this is our last chance, guys - get ready.

It's all very simple. First, in all your tweets today tack this phrase onto the end of it: "#dumbledore http://tr.im/wwdd" (minus the quotes). The "#dumbledore" tag will start ratcheting the phrase up the ranks and the link will help spread the word. Then, when you see the film, make sure you say something like this (with the phrase Harry Potter in it as well):

Just about to see Harry Potter - in honor of #dumbledore we are taking over Twitter! http://tr.im/wwdd
Just saw Harry Potter - in honor of #dumbledore we are taking over Twitter! http://tr.im/wwdd
Harry Potter was awesome! In honor of #dumbledore we are taking over Twitter! #dumbledore http://tr.im/wwdd

VERY IMPORTANT: We will all be tweeting simultaneously AT 8:59pm PST - or 11:59pm EST! No matter what you are doing make a tweet at that moment!

You get the idea - anything with the phrase Harry Potter and the Dumbledore tag, and, if you can, the link. The Dumbledore tag is the most important part!

Let's do it! Starting now!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

282600_233804939987291_100000733600249_807455_78180_n_thumb

iv been tweeting now and ill do my best later today… wooo 12 more hours till HBP cant cant wait

Posted by Horcruxalej on July 14, 2009, 01:35 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

nooooooooo!!! i hav 2 wait til 2moro (uk) and i may nt be able 2 see it then :(

Ron1_thumb

Awesome. Less than 12 hours to go people! Woo!

Posted by Christine on July 14, 2009, 01:40 PM report to moderator
Twitter2_thumb

I’m gonna tweet this at least 10 times this evening, but I can’t do it at 11.59 EST, cause it’ll be 5.59am over here then xD However, tomorrow and today will be all about ‘in honor of #dumbledore we are taking over Twitter! http://tr.tim/wwdd’ !

Posted by Niphai on July 14, 2009, 01:42 PM report to moderator
Hobgoblin13_thumb

ive already been doing that silly!

Posted by Hobgoblin 13 on July 14, 2009, 01:45 PM report to moderator
Ginny_thumb

If I tweeted I would do this, but I’m gonna be too busy to tweet. So I’ll just tweet in my mind….

Tweet tweet. tweet tweet.

Posted by RaveKatie [WBM] on July 14, 2009, 01:52 PM report to moderator

Posted by alex11 on July 14, 2009, 01:55 PM report to moderator
260_saddestpanda_thumb

i will try but i don’t know if my movie theater has wifi and my iPhone is really slow because i can’t get even edge were i live…GO FANDOM

Posted by Will Landry on July 14, 2009, 01:58 PM report to moderator
260_saddestpanda_thumb

Posted by Will Landry on July 14, 2009, 01:58 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

I’ve already tweeted that like 10 times. Harry Potter is already number one in the trending topics. :D

Posted by cghambright on July 14, 2009, 02:00 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

I’m going to be in the theater at that time…and twitter doesn’t work on my phone. :(

Posted by cghambright on July 14, 2009, 02:03 PM report to moderator
Ginny-power_thumb

Noooooooo! I just found out two very bad things…..one, I have to work tomorrow (at 6am) so no movie……and my theater just sold out anyway(4 theaters)!!! Bummer!!
Have fun to all tonight, I’ll see it tomorrow.

Posted by wandless witch on July 14, 2009, 02:03 PM report to moderator
Me_thumb

If you are worried about forgetting, you can use Twitter Timer. Just DM it to send you a message at a certain time and it will remind you to tweet! http://www.cogniview.com/convert-pdf-to-excel/post/twitter-timer-sends-timed-twitter-reminders/ It’s free and it makes it easy to remember to do things.

Posted by Doris on July 14, 2009, 02:10 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Tweet tweet…

Posted by Won_Two on July 14, 2009, 02:10 PM report to moderator
I_thought_about_flying____by_siriuslyec_thumb

Wooo 9 hrs and 42 min. on the east coast!!

Posted by PaintTheSky on July 14, 2009, 02:17 PM report to moderator

Sitting on top of Mr. Weasley's overflowing in-tray was an old toaster that was hiccuping in a disconsolate way and a pair of empty leather gloves that were twiddling their thumbs. A photograph of the Weasley family stood beside the in-tray. Harry noticed

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014