ABC Preview of JK Rowling: A Year in the Life Due Thursday

J.K. Rowling
July 15, 2009, 09:52 AM

Last April, we reported that at long last viewers here in the US would be able to watch the special "J.K. Rowling: A Year in the Life" documentary on Thursday, July 16 at 8:00pm on ABC. Today, the network has released a preview of the film which was recorded in Edinburgh, Scotland as Jo completed the final book in the Harry Potter series. Long time readers will recall one of the highlights of the documentary is this piece where Jo draws out the family tree of for characters mentioned in the Epilogue in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. You can also watch the original trailers for the documentary by James Runcie here and here in our galleries.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

20110714-092024_thumb

Can’t wait to see this whole thing :) Will be awesome! :D

Posted by Greta on July 15, 2009, 09:28 PM report to moderator
Dgraymanclockroom37_thumb

Stupid Mets Brewers game, I’m trying to convince my dad to let me watch it…wish me luck!

Posted by Rumbleroarϟ{WBM!}ǝıʞɔnp! on July 15, 2009, 10:05 PM report to moderator

Ah, hopefully I will be able to catch this on TV.

Posted by cauldronjane on July 15, 2009, 11:07 PM report to moderator
Films_dh_articles_dhew_11_thumb

I’m definitely going to record this also! I’m so interested to hear about JK Rowling’s life! She is so interesting!

Posted by harrypotter1991{ROAR} on July 16, 2009, 01:03 AM report to moderator
Phelpstwins_thumb

DVR set, ready to go!

Posted by deadtree ♥WBM♥ on July 16, 2009, 01:26 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

They aren’t showing this in my area. :o( Is it on YouTube???

Avatars_movies_ootp_002_thumb

I can’t wait to see this at last!

Posted by Agrippa1 on July 16, 2009, 08:55 AM report to moderator
Ginny_thumb

Woah that was close I’m lucky to be reading this now so I can go record it!!! Thanks, Leaky!

Posted by RaveKatie [WBM] on July 16, 2009, 12:12 PM report to moderator
Pic_20_2312ma14060069-0001_thumb

We all are agreed that we are taping this interview. I didn’t even know it was coming on, saw the paper and went AHH!! yes!! getting stuff off of my dvr now so i have plenty of room for her.then onto tape later.But it’s only an hour? That can’t be the full time she did this? Maybe a full showing will show up on video soon? Gonna cry when I watch anyway, cause she will when she types those final words.

Posted by Dlcohm7 on July 16, 2009, 12:50 PM report to moderator
A8e7634a3ee432be_thumb

I will get to watch this documentary tonight! Yay!

Posted by Halloween Master on July 16, 2009, 11:08 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

this was so interesting, i’m so glad they captured this for us to see! :P)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on July 25, 2009, 10:40 PM report to moderator

OH!!! I watched this… It was excellent!!! Jo WROCKS!!!

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on August 19, 2009, 02:07 PM report to moderator

OH!!! I watched this… It was excellent!!! Jo WROCKS!!!

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on August 19, 2009, 02:07 PM report to moderator

OH!!! I watched this… It was excellent!!! Jo WROCKS!!!

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on August 19, 2009, 02:07 PM report to moderator

OH!!! I watched this… It was excellent!!! Jo WROCKS!!!

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on August 19, 2009, 02:07 PM report to moderator

Neville went bright red but turned in his seat to face Malfoy.[br] "I'm worth twelve of you, Malfoy," he stammered.