For the heroes of Leaky

Leaky
Posted by: Melissa
July 16, 2009, 01:28 AM

Hey all:

Now that HBP is out, and our two-year wait (the longest since we were waiting for books!) for a new film has ended, and the suspense is over and everyone has started to form their opinions, it may be easy to forget just what went on here on Leaky in the past few weeks. So I'll tell you: An effort of mammoth proportions that required the efforts and energy of entire teams who work on this site. It often went unseen except in staff inboxes.

We usually do our backpatting to fellow staffers behind closed doors, but this time we thought the occasion called for some serious front-page props. I hope if you have enjoyed the site at all in the past few weeks you will take a moment to read this and join us in thanking everyone who has done such work, which has gone well over and above anything of which we can ask.

Leaky is the result of the effort of hundreds of people. In the past few weeks, as we have been assaulted with clips from the flim, interviews, backstage peeks and more, more than a hundred and ten new videos were entered into our video galleries. We added thousands of images to our overwhelming archive. Since June 15 there have been 347 news articles. We have live-tweeted, Ustreamed, transcribed and posted as fast as fingers and the Internet allow. Keeping Leaky your number one source for all things Harry Potter has been a job of which only a group of people this insanely committed is capable.

Please join me in thanking every last Leaky staff member, and also a few specific standouts:

Kimmy Blair and Chris Dotson, who head the image and video galleries respectively and do so with superhuman drive, have driven themselves and their teams to near distraction this month. Our gallery elves - Perenelle, SunnyElf, Yellowpepper2311, Apple, JavaJunkie, Danae24, Carli, LunasLion, nddulac, libbysmom, MirandaV, Birthday Twins, blue4t, Kendra.Dumbledore, hagiographer13, LizetM, moony_lupin, and sallene - have been outstanding and selfless at every turn. Edward Drogos has been a marvelous backstage worker on the news section; Alex Robbin and Nick Poulden have been pulling small miracles every day to keep us online; Doris Herrmann and Nick Rhein have been keeping the projects moving and forum running. And as usual the enthusiasm brought to the table by every Leaky staff member has really made this a month of excitement and fun.

Last but certainly not least we give a shout-out to Sue Upton, who probably posted 340+ of those 347 articles, at one point 30 in a single day. The stream of news and interviews and reports has been ceaseless, and she has been on top of it all like the HP news veteran she is.

These people are the reason that Leaky remains your choice for HP info, news and entertainment and I hope you'll all join me in offering three cheers for every single one!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Leaky News

Melissa_thumb

Hip Hip Hooray!

Posted by Melissa Anelli on July 16, 2009, 01:30 AM report to moderator

Thanks to everyone at Leaky you guys are the best.

Posted by angelvoice on July 16, 2009, 01:32 AM report to moderator
Bullet_thumb

You guys are awesome and we all love you!!

Posted by TerieB on July 16, 2009, 01:36 AM report to moderator
C36--only-one-he-ever-feared_thumb

I just want to let you know from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU! You fuel the Potter passion inside me.

Posted by LargeBlondDeathEater on July 16, 2009, 01:37 AM report to moderator
Dddd_thumb

THANK YOU…really you Guys ROCK!!!!
Keep up the gud work..=)

Posted by afsha J on July 16, 2009, 01:38 AM report to moderator
L_f838d1c0aa793e3da05155473a7a2a67_thumb

Thanks so much guys! Leaky’s the best!

Posted by marybibik on July 16, 2009, 01:39 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

thank you!

Posted by avadakedavra93 on July 16, 2009, 01:40 AM report to moderator

HBP was great just got back from theater.. I just found out about this site and its amazing keep up the hard work please!!!

Posted by ofchughes on July 16, 2009, 01:41 AM report to moderator
Avatars_bookauthor_bookart_october08_06_thumb

Thanks to all! :)

Posted by sjbodell on July 16, 2009, 01:41 AM report to moderator
Icon_thumb

Leaky. staff. is. made. of. AWESOME!

Posted by realspace on July 16, 2009, 01:42 AM report to moderator
Dsc00592_thumb

Thank you, Leaky! I was wondering how you were keeping up with everything, other than you’re all made of awesome.

Posted by Fuchsia [ROAR!] on July 16, 2009, 01:42 AM report to moderator
Me_edit_thumb

Thank you, Leaky Staff!

Thank you for making this site a joy every time I load the page in my browser.
Thank you for posting every update, picture, and clip of HP6 right down to the very last minute.
Thank you for keeping me informed, and making me feel like apart of something big and exciting!
And last of all, thank you for the friendships I have gained through your wonderful side-dish, MyLeaky! Better than anything you can get at Chipotle. xD!

Posted by kraamerXmich ♠{WBM}♠ [Pigeon] on July 16, 2009, 01:42 AM report to moderator
Papertownsdb_thumb

Hip hip hooray!
THANK YOU ALL so much for everything you’ve done leading up to this movie release! You all are brilliant and wonderful and I really appreciate all the work you’ve put into this. I’ve been really blessed seeing all the news and excitement and that’s all thanks to you guys! Much love all around! <333

Posted by underthefairytales on July 16, 2009, 01:43 AM report to moderator
Photo-69_thumb

Thank you Leaky! Without you I wouldn’t have my daily Potter fix!

Posted by RemusRox on July 16, 2009, 01:43 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Thank you Leaky for all that you do! You’re the fansite I check every single day! And I haven’t missed a day’s article for two years straight now! Love you guys for putting in so much effort! :) THANK YOU!

Posted by Christine on July 16, 2009, 01:44 AM report to moderator

"...Father actually considered sending me to Durmstrang rather than Hogwarts, you know. He knows the headmaster, you see. Well, you know his opinion of Dumbledore -- the man's such a Mudblood-lover -- and Durmstrang doesn't admit that sort of riffraff."

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014