Rumor Alert: Harry Potter Theme Park Based on GoF Time Frame, Custom MagiQuest for Park, New Footage More

Fans
July 17, 2009, 10:41 PM

Several interesting bits of news tonight regarding the Wizarding World of Harry Potter Theme Park currently under construction in Orlando, Florida. First, Central Florida in Demand has a special treat for subscribers with a new video feature on the Theme Park, including new looks at the plans for the mammoth Castle. You can see a preview of the video here, however if anyone can record the full on demand version, please send it in to staff@the-leaky-cauldron.org.

Readers will recall of course last week Potter film producer David Heyman confirmed that he has been working a bit on the theme park and yes indeed fans will be able to ride through Hogwarts castle on a chair with a moving arm with Harry, also saying there are three rides planned. Chiming in on the ride and more is this rumor from in the know blog Theme Park Insider, which reports on the setting/time frame for the overall park:

Kuka robot arms will power a suspended dark ride through Hogwarts Castle (think Legoland's Knights Tournament meets Peter Pan or ET - but with a much cooler storyline and animated effects.) The timeline will be in the middle of the book/movie storyline - around the fourth book, I've heard. Dining will be at the Three Broomsticks in adjacent Hogsmeade, with another more kid-focused attraction in the mix. And Dueling Dragons will be rethemed to Potter, as well.

Finally, another very interesting rumor from Screamscape, which updates that the popular MagiQuest will indeed be part of the Theme Park. Quotage:

"Screamscape sources tell us that Dueling Dragons may finally be forced to shut down for it’s final transformation in late August. According to what we’ve been told the ride will likely be renamed Dragon’s Challenge, but when it returns it will apparently come back with an even darker look and theme. No more Fire and Ice dragon either… as apparently even the track colors may be repainted in much darker tones. Meanwhile the nearby Flying Unicorn is still said to be renamed Flying Hippogriff as expected.
  The big rumored news however is what I’ve been expecting to be announced… and that a custom built MagiQuest system will be brought into the park. Not only in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, but from what I’ve been told little things will be added all throughout the park’s other lands that will react to the magic wands purchased by guests. You’ll only have to look out for little “lightning bolt” symbols here and there to tell you where to aim your wand.

Related: You can learn more about general Magiquest here and here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Img_0645_thumb

I’m surprised they didn’t just base the theme part on the entire series. There’s obviously enough material there.

You could have a catch the flying key ride (SS)
A roller coaster that features the bassilisk (CoS)
A shrieking shack hanuted house (PoA)
A hedge maze (GoF)
etc

Posted by big_pale on July 18, 2009, 12:46 AM report to moderator
Dsc08588_thumb

Goodness, I know my chances of getting to go are slim, but all of the news is making me so excited for this!

Posted by Jade Danielle (WBM) on July 18, 2009, 12:50 AM report to moderator
Ootp-wallpaper-harry-potter-121085_1024_768_thumb

Great! That’s definitely something worth traveling for.

Posted by Irving on July 18, 2009, 01:12 AM report to moderator
Hpim0307_thumb

_

Posted by Aga Veneficus on July 18, 2009, 01:23 AM report to moderator
Hpim0307_thumb

That didn’t work. :|

Well, anyway, I’m really excited!

Posted by Aga Veneficus on July 18, 2009, 01:24 AM report to moderator

One of my fathers friends works in management at the park, so he was able to get my father and I behind the walls to see what was goin on. It’s quite interesting but nowhere near completion.

Posted by BMcFly1 on July 18, 2009, 01:28 AM report to moderator
Avvie_thumb

Lucky me that it’s in Florida! =D
I absolutely cannot wait!!!

Posted by ❤MischiefManaged★☆ROAR☆★ on July 18, 2009, 01:30 AM report to moderator
Avvie_thumb

Lucky me that it’s in Florida! =D
I absolutely cannot wait!!!

Hufflepuffpottermore_thumb

Weere going to be able to buy wands??? thats cool…i probably missed that memo a long time ago, but oh well! Cant wait!

Posted by Sorceress25 on July 18, 2009, 01:41 AM report to moderator

We are planning on going. I wish they would set an opening date.

Posted by iamnotworriedharry on July 18, 2009, 01:47 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_half_blood_prince_1__thumb

Sign me up!

Posted by chanman on July 18, 2009, 01:56 AM report to moderator
Phelpstwins_thumb

super exciting! I’ve never tried Magiquest before, it sounds interesting.

Posted by deadtree ♥WBM♥ on July 18, 2009, 03:58 AM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

What’s with the hand and Harry? Sounds creepy. I wonder if there are going to be any Dementors.

Posted by Mr. Brightside on July 18, 2009, 04:28 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

I am soooo going as soon as possible!

The_golden_snitch_thumb

I wish I could see the whole video, but I can’t cause I live in Sweden. But I’m still really exited about the theme park!!!!

Posted by hermione97 on July 18, 2009, 06:31 AM report to moderator

"How could a car crash kill Lily an' James Potter? It's an outrage! A scandal! Harry Potter not knowin' his own story when every kid in our world knows his name!"