Emmy Nominations for Branagh, Gleeson

Film Awards
July 20, 2009, 07:37 AM

Over the weekend, nominations for the Emmys were revealed. Congratulations are in order for actor Brendan Gleeson (Mad Eye) for his work on the HBO Winston Churchill film "Into the Storm," and to actor Kenneth Branagh for his work on the BBC series "Wallander." Cheers!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Film Awards News

My_hero_neville_thumb

I loved Kenneth Branagh and Brendan Gleeson in HP! I thought Branagh was perfect as Lockhart and Gleeson was one of the few things I liked about GOF.

I watched “Into the Storm” and most of the “Wallander” espisodes. I’ve seen many documentaries and TV adaptions about Churchill’s life. I’ve enjoyed most of them, but I didn’t like “Into the Storm”. Gleeson and the other actors were fine. I just thought they didn’t have much of a story to work with.

I liked “Wallander” very much. Branagh is wonderful. But I thought it was odd that this series about a Swedish detective and set in Sweden seemed to have only British actors. I kept waiting to hear a Swedish accent, but never did.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on July 20, 2009, 11:56 AM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Super congrats to both of them! :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on July 20, 2009, 12:06 PM report to moderator
Patronus_thumb

YAY

Posted by dumbledore592 on July 20, 2009, 12:18 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

Moody is coming back for DH part 1. I glad he is. Although its sad about what happens to him.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 20, 2009, 12:40 PM report to moderator
The_hunger_games_catching_fire_mockingjay_pictures_katniss_peeta_thumb

yay for Ken & Bren, now I have a reason to care about the Emmys

Posted by Sirius B (HeartMagic104) on July 20, 2009, 12:44 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Thats nice…

Posted by Won_Two on July 20, 2009, 01:29 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Woo! Congrats :)

Posted by Christine on July 20, 2009, 01:30 PM report to moderator
Iconator_04e9497c4d2be426fe2888b16a16f53d_thumb

congrats to them!!!

Posted by RaWr...WeReWoLf on July 20, 2009, 02:41 PM report to moderator
36090_413317180969_787035969_4440390_4514136_n_thumb

Congratulations, to two magnificent actors! Well deserved accolades, indeed, and I hope they win!

Posted by Confederate Lady [CL, Rawwrrrr] on July 20, 2009, 04:12 PM report to moderator

Cool! Good Luck!

Posted by Malfoyluva on July 20, 2009, 05:45 PM report to moderator
Dsc08588_thumb

I adore Kenneth Branagh….this is awesome Congrats to both of them!

Posted by Jade Danielle (WBM) on July 20, 2009, 07:32 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_pic_thumb

I loved Branagh as Lockhart and Gleeson is a good Mad Eye.

Posted by monicahp2009(WBM) on July 20, 2009, 08:18 PM report to moderator
Hagrid_thumb

GOOD LUCK TO THE BOTH OF THEM.

Posted by biiigbob on July 20, 2009, 09:47 PM report to moderator

Congrats to Both, they are both good actors

Posted by WolfyWizard on July 20, 2009, 10:06 PM report to moderator

congrats to anyone who is given a award for acting.

Posted by HGROSS44 on July 21, 2009, 03:13 AM report to moderator

"Can't we kidnap Mrs. Norris?" Ron suggested on Monday lunchtime as he lay flat on his back in the middle of their Charms classroom, having just been Stunned and reawoken by Harry for the fifth time in a row. "Let's stun her for a bit. Or you could use Do