Toot Toot! It's the Hogwarts Express Cake Coming Through!

Fans
July 21, 2009, 10:44 AM

Toot Toot! It's the Hogwarts Express coming to a desert table near you! Well not quite near you perhaps, but once again master baker Duff Goldman of the popular Ace of Cakes program on Food Network has done a bit of cake magic for a Harry Potter premiere. Readers will recall of course, that Duff created the fantabulous Hogwarts castle cake for the OotP Premiere (video here) and later was a guest on PotterCast to discuss the unique cake. Thanks to this NY Magazine article on the private Half-Blood Prince afterparty in New York City recently, we can see Duff's latest creation, a giant Hogwarts Express cake ("complete with functional steam pipe — but was actually a five-layer chocolate cake.") He also spoke to our friends Feltbeats about this cake, seen here on Youtube.

On a related note, scores of readers have been owling about a blog which has taken an interest in various Harry Potter cakes. While many we have seen before here on Leaky (including one that was made for a former staffer's wedding), you can see these cakes here and here. Also don't forget our own wonderful Crafty Witches have long had a section Harry Potter cakes, which you can see here.

Thanks guys!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Dsc08588_thumb

That’s amazing…..they make the best cakes, it’s ridiculous!

Posted by Jade Danielle (WBM) on July 21, 2009, 03:40 PM report to moderator
Cookies_thumb

okay, that hogwarts cake was AMAZING. but i would feel bad if i had to eat it… lol.

Posted by fearlesshpfreak on July 21, 2009, 04:33 PM report to moderator
Puppet_pals_yes_thumb

NOOOOOOOOOOO WAYYYYY Duff’s going to be on Pottercast?? AAAH Love Ace of Cakes!!! Watch it all the time. LOved the Hogwarts cake in 07!

Posted by phoenixes are in ravenclaw on July 21, 2009, 04:40 PM report to moderator
Kaki_king_kaki_thumb

Cakewrecks! I love that site!

Posted by KarmaHunter on July 21, 2009, 05:19 PM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

i LOVE ace of cakes! Duff is so cool :].The hogwarts cake is unbelieveable! SO COOL!

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on July 21, 2009, 05:21 PM report to moderator
Hpv16_thumb

@ phoenixes are in ravenclaw, he was already on Pottercast, a looong time ago…

Posted by Mrs.Brisby on July 21, 2009, 05:43 PM report to moderator
Without_you__snape_face_shot__copy_thumb

Oh! I do hope they make an episode of it! They would be mad not to!

Posted by Questyourdreams on July 21, 2009, 05:44 PM report to moderator
Normal_hp_actors_thumb

The day I have money to get a cake I really want I know I won’t be able to choose. I’m tgorn between myh love of Harry Potter and my Chicago White Sox.

Posted by CandyCane2304 on July 21, 2009, 07:33 PM report to moderator
Mirror2_thumb
That’s so cool! They do such great work.
Posted by Miss. Songbird on July 21, 2009, 07:33 PM report to moderator
Hp_thumb

That is so cool!!!!

Posted by HattFerg on July 21, 2009, 08:07 PM report to moderator
Normal_tomriddle2_scarpotter_thumb

Those cakes are amazing! Especially the Hogwart’s Castle cake!

Posted by Huffleclaw65 on July 21, 2009, 08:15 PM report to moderator
Spoilersa13_thumb

Love Ace of Cakes…and that cake looks too good to eat!!

Posted by lovesliterature on July 21, 2009, 08:31 PM report to moderator
384_thumb

I watched the episode where the made the castle, I hope they show this one too

Posted by PetraN on July 21, 2009, 08:47 PM report to moderator
Circus1_thumb

Yummy. Ace of Cakes is an awesome show and those cakes look too beatiful to eat. Which reminds me vaguely of my HP Birthday Cake featuring Harry Potter, and it was kinda 3d-ish? Anyway now I want to try to make one of them HP cakes myself. Or just fail epically and go see if I can find the person who made my HP cake…

Posted by StarChildYeci on July 21, 2009, 09:30 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_pic_thumb

I do watch Ade of Cakes, but my husband and I have been watching Cake Boss on TLC and that’s another good cake show.

Posted by monicahp2009(WBM) on July 21, 2009, 09:39 PM report to moderator

...Ron [was] goggling at the twins' new clothes.[br]"What are [i]they[/i] supposed to be?" he asked, pointing at the jackets.[br]"Finest dragon skin, little bro," said Fred, giving his zip a little tweak. "Business is booming and we thought we'd treat our