Boston: Next Stop on Harry Potter, the Exhibit Tour, Opening in October

Movies
July 22, 2009, 09:54 AM

Cheers to Boston, which will be the next stop for Harry Potter, the Exhibit  featuring many props and sets used in the beloved Harry Potter films. Currently open at the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry until September 27, we've just gotten word the exhibit will move to the East Coast, as the Museum of Science in Boston, Mass states the Exhibition is to open Sunday, October 25, 2009 and run through Sunday, February 21, 2010. Tickets are now available via this link. UPDATE: Photos from Announcement now in our galleries. UPDATE 1: The Boston Globe is now carrying this news,  as noted by the following:

"With a dramatic and perhaps magical flourish, the Museum of Science today lowered a massive red velvet curtain today to reveal two artifacts from its next exhibit: A flowing brown robe worn by a character named Professor Slughorn and a 500-pound, 10-foot tall chess piece... "The exhibit will give our visitors -- wizards and muggles alike -- the opportunity to stop into the world of Harry Potter," Ioannis Miaoulis, president and director of the Museum of Science said this morning at the announcement.

In statement issued by the museum, Miaoulis added," We're confident that this exhibition will attract visitors of all ages -- some of whom may never have visited a science center. This exhibit will spark their curiosity and imagination, leading them to experience the excitement of discovery that's also at the heart of the Museum's science and technology exhibits and programs."

In a press release sent to TLC, it notes that "after its Boston run, the exhibition will be displayed in other major cultural and entertainment venues, museums and institutions in the U.S. and internationally.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Ravenclaw

It’s a pretty sweet exhibit, although I wish it was longer!

Posted by lalashamo on July 22, 2009, 02:09 PM report to moderator
Andysnowhead2002b1_thumb

Look realy cool

Posted by Mugglejeff on July 22, 2009, 02:21 PM report to moderator

I’m so going!

Posted by Heavenly_Horcrux on July 22, 2009, 02:33 PM report to moderator
Mendel_thumb

WAIT~!! Does that mean it won’t come to the west coast?!?!?!?!

Posted by maxteachLairyFights on July 22, 2009, 02:37 PM report to moderator
Hpg05_thumb

greatttt

Posted by potterrock on July 22, 2009, 02:37 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Ughh. I REALLY need to go to Chicago. Time’s running out :(

Posted by Christine on July 22, 2009, 02:42 PM report to moderator

I saw it in chicago! It was AWESOME! I want to see it again!

Posted by RightLeftMiddle {WBM} on July 22, 2009, 03:03 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I hope it comes to the DC area…

Posted by Won_Two on July 22, 2009, 03:13 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

That’s outstanding – so much closer than Chicago.

Posted by Girlraven1 on July 22, 2009, 03:38 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_025-copy_thumb

i didn’t realize it was going multiple places- do they have any idea where it may be going next?

Posted by Rinny on July 22, 2009, 04:02 PM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

I’m going!!

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on July 22, 2009, 04:15 PM report to moderator
Green_avatar_thumb

Yay! I hope it comes to Virginia! If not, then I’ll just have to beg my parents to let me go….. I hope I can see it!

Posted by 3 Weasley Twin (ROAR!) ~{WWW Employee}~ on July 22, 2009, 04:20 PM report to moderator

I’m going in 3weeks!!!! wooo can’t wait. I live in England and I’m traveling all the way there to go to the exibition in Chicargo. This will be my first Harry Potter event! :)

Posted by KateHORIZON on July 22, 2009, 04:22 PM report to moderator
2865_1127012896097_1250404635_30357756_4615970_n_thumb

that would so cool to see.

Posted by got2lovme on July 22, 2009, 04:31 PM report to moderator
Hr_hbp_thumb

Can’t wait to see it in NYC! waits patiently

Posted by RHrSoulmates on July 22, 2009, 04:58 PM report to moderator

"You'll meet the same sticky end as your parents one of these days, Harry Potter," he said softly. "They were meddlesome fools, too."