PotterCast 201: Live from California, Half-Blood Prince Reactions and Wizard Rock

PotterCast
Posted by: Edward
July 23, 2009, 03:00 AM

We have for you today our 201st episode of PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast, which features further reactions to the recently released Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince film.  Recorded live in Milpitas, California, this episode a number of opinions from members of the live audience.  This discussion covers many aspects of the sixth film, as well as how this film relates to the rest of the series.  In addition to this, the 201st episode features a number of pre-recorded listener opinions of the film.  To submit your opinion of the film, please make a twenty-second audio recording of your thoughts and send the audio file to staff@pottercast.com or via our PotterCast Skype account.  This show also contains a discussion of the recent news regarding a quote by film producer David Yates relating this thought that the final battle scene in the Deathly Hallows film would be thirty minutes long.  Movie spoilers abound!

As a reminder, the LeakyCon DVD, which will be available to pre-order soon, will also include all wizard rock performances from our conference.  If you like live wizard rock, be sure to reserve your copy of the upcoming LeakyCon Live Album of the wizard rock live shows at our LeakyCon 2009 conference.  To listen, just hit the "Play" button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

"Live from California, Half-Blood Prince Reactions and Wizard Rock"
RT: 29:15

Also, special thanks to our ever-vigilant UStream Mods for monitoring the live PotterCast recordings.

LeakyCon 2009: A Harry Potter Conference in Boston
“Harry, A History” Website
Jingle Spells 2
PotterCast Vlogs
Podcast Alley
Digg

Direct download.

Remember you don't need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent PotterCast News

Bb620ecb12c9468f9c2bae8e1750bb27_thumb

the itunes pic is really outdated

Posted by GTHunter [FTC!] on July 23, 2009, 01:24 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Will listen later…

Posted by Won_Two on July 23, 2009, 01:55 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

AWESOME! cant wait to download! i wish i could go to all these events!
xx

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on July 23, 2009, 03:39 PM report to moderator
Myleaky_thumb

Yes, I <3 PotterCast!

Posted by Clicheusername on July 23, 2009, 04:03 PM report to moderator

Cant wait to listen to it, how is pottercast so awesome?

Posted by MattOM93 on July 23, 2009, 04:18 PM report to moderator
Ca67gdqr_thumb

PC makes the world go round =)

Posted by SirEdwardsGuardian [WBM!] on July 23, 2009, 04:22 PM report to moderator
Ravenqueen_thumb

I need to catch up, I havnt listened to the last few yet!

Posted by raven_puff on July 23, 2009, 05:46 PM report to moderator

I was there, it was great to see PotterCast live and to dance! But i still cant believe that guy who hated it! Anyway everything was amazing and i can’t wait to hear it again!

Posted by WolfyWizard on July 23, 2009, 09:36 PM report to moderator
250px-fountain_of_fair_fortune_thumb

I didn’t really have many problems with HBP until I spoke with my friend who although he loves Harry Potter, had only just finished re-reading the book so had a lot more problems with it. Some of these I now share with him, but I still LOVED it! I must say though, Live PotterCasts annoy me a little bit, I can’t always hear it and I miss the structure. Also, although I love the Wizard Rock, when I listen to live shows before I go to bed, my parents complain about the music. But otherwise, good job guys and cant wait till pre-recorded shows again

Posted by That-Gryffindor-Girl *ROAR* on July 24, 2009, 05:47 AM report to moderator
250px-fountain_of_fair_fortune_thumb

Img_44501_thumb

yayy :D

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on July 24, 2009, 04:21 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

A good show!

12440441_thumb
19573 Points

Great!! AM enjoying listening t it just now!

Posted by R-for-H {ROAR} :D on July 26, 2009, 07:34 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

Neville and Ginny were dancing nearby -- he could see Ginny wincing frequently as Neville trod on her feet...