Rumor Alert: Hogwarts Castle Ride to Feature Ten Scenes from Harry Potter Films?

Movies
July 24, 2009, 06:25 AM

Rumor Alert today regarding the ride that will be contained within the giant Hogwarts Castle currently under construction at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park attraction in Orlando, Florida. As a follow to the report from last week on the inclusion of Magiquest as well as news on the Castle ride, Theme Park Insider is now reporting that "the ride vehicles will be four-person seats on Kuka robot arms, mounted from an overhead track. And there will be about 10 scenes in the ride."  You can also vote on some scenes the author has personally selected on what he might like to see during the course of the castle ride.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is currently being built at Universal Orlando, and is set to open in Spring of 2010. Be sure to check out our extensive collection of construction photos and concept art here in our Image galleries.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

203_4156_thumb

I like the escenes of the 5th movie, during the fight or when they are in the menester’s room, also I like so much when begin the 6th movie!!!

Posted by stivenar on July 25, 2009, 10:53 PM report to moderator
203_4156_thumb

Posted by stivenar on July 25, 2009, 10:53 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

I voted for the Grand Staircase, but I was torn between: Restricted Section of the Library, Mirror of Erised, Wizard Chess, Chamber of Secrets, and Dumbledore’s Office.
I am very glad to see that most of the choices were featured in SS- best movie! :)

Posted by BeAchL0veEr05 ☼ on July 25, 2009, 11:07 PM report to moderator
12440441_thumb
19573 Points

This is very exciting!! I will have to wait for LeakyCOn 2011 til I can go though!

Posted by R-for-H {ROAR} :D on July 26, 2009, 07:08 AM report to moderator
Drodclown_thumb

[[Roar….can’t wait!]]

Posted by drod on July 26, 2009, 12:19 PM report to moderator
Green_avatar_thumb

Awesome!! Can’t wait!

Posted by 3 Weasley Twin (ROAR!) ~{WWW Employee}~ on July 26, 2009, 08:32 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

i can’t wait until this opens! :PO)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on July 27, 2009, 12:32 AM report to moderator

I can’t wait to go!

Posted by Heavenly_Horcrux on July 27, 2009, 12:30 PM report to moderator
Gryffindor-cat-is-not-amused_thumb

al;sjflakjfwlejwl;kjldnlnairgj!!! so coolll!!

Posted by stuckinanhpmoment on July 27, 2009, 11:06 PM report to moderator
Starship_thumb

awesome cant wait to go

Posted by NaRgLeS.WuZz.H3r3(: {Roar} on July 28, 2009, 03:23 PM report to moderator
Iconhogsmeadethemepark_thumb

I had the chance to see a ride vehicle a while ago—although the quoted article says they will be mounted from an overhead track, as far as I can tell they are actually mounted below. The entire assembly moves along the track and the four seats which hold guests are at the end of an arm which will be able to move the seats nearly every direction. (Think the arms currently used in automobile manufacturing assembly lines.) Not too much theming to see yet when I was there but hopefully I’ll get another glimpse sometime :)

Posted by AnikaKindal on August 03, 2009, 01:06 PM report to moderator
Images_4__thumb

This is cool. I wonder what scenes they will choose.

Posted by crazyforSeverus on August 16, 2009, 06:57 PM report to moderator

That’s so cool xD

Posted by humbert0 on October 05, 2009, 06:19 PM report to moderator

"Asleep, yeah, right," said Fred in an undertone, after Hermione bade them good night and they were climbing to the next floor. "If Ginny's not lying awake waiting for Hermione to tell her everything they said downstairs, then I'm a flobberworm..."