Deathly Hallows Filming Update: Sirius Black's Motorbike is Back!

DH Film
July 26, 2009, 08:40 AM

Check it out! The flying motorbike belonging to Sirius Black is back, as witnessed in new location photos for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Although not so airborne as in the books, you can see these new pics (more here all courtesy of HP4U) of stunt doubles for Hagrid and Harry zooming along the Dartford-Thurrock River Crossing tunnel and bridge express  way in Kent, England as they did a sequence to be used for the Seven Potters scene. Neither Dan Radcliffe nor Robbie Coltrane were present for the filming. HP4U.co.uk reports that "the bulk of the shoot was centered on obtaining wide shots of the pair being chased into the tunnel. Harry wearing a grey hoodie with a stripe down the arm and wand at the ready, Hagrid, in his familiar huge coat and sporting his goggles sped at around 30 mph in real time speed, weaving in and out of traffic with great effect. For Friday morning, we were treated to further perspective shots of the pair racing through the tunnels, despite the oncoming traffic, weaving in and out with Hagrid seemingly kicking out at any vehicles which came too close and Harry casting spells to his rear."
Other filming for the scenes will take place at both Leavesden and on location, rumored to be Hartfordshire over the next few weeks.

Thanks much to HP4U.co.uk, ONTD, SS, and all who owled!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

I love the seven Potters part! I can’t wait to see it!

Posted by Heavenly_Horcrux on July 27, 2009, 12:26 PM report to moderator
Potterpre3_thumb

Awesome!

Posted by Nochthikus Lestrange [FTC!] on July 27, 2009, 12:30 PM report to moderator
Starship_thumb

cant wait 2 see this scene
even though hedwig dies in it

Posted by NaRgLeS.WuZz.H3r3(: {Roar} on July 27, 2009, 12:49 PM report to moderator
Normal_hp_actors_thumb

Some of you are overreacting. They can’t do the flying scenes until they are in the studio. Does it look like they are in the studio?

Posted by CandyCane2304 on July 27, 2009, 01:27 PM report to moderator
Chibilupin_thumb

Good to see Sirius’ motorbike again. I believe like many others that the flying shots will be done in the studio on a rig and green screen. I would like to see how they do that dragon smoke thing that Arthur added onto the motorbike.

Posted by moony_lupin on July 27, 2009, 01:51 PM report to moderator
282600_233804939987291_100000733600249_807455_78180_n_thumb

sweet its sad now we have to start the count down till DH so long away

Posted by Horcruxalej on July 27, 2009, 02:18 PM report to moderator
Dare-to-be-clever_thumb

squeeeeee!!!!!!!! im so excited….oh gosh im going to SOB in that scene…hedwig!!!!!! and moody of course

Posted by Morgana_Black*WBM* on July 27, 2009, 02:28 PM report to moderator

But DH needs flying scenes…

Posted by hallowgirl on July 27, 2009, 03:25 PM report to moderator
Iconator_1beee7b45608ba93e24371a7e799def3_2__thumb

Can’t wait!

Posted by Draco_Fan on July 27, 2009, 03:33 PM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

really cool!!!

Kit_thumb

I’m going to take Dan Radcliffe’s advice and keep my expectations low so that I won’t be disappointed! LOL.
If the DH screenplay is as loosely based on the book as HBP was, then there will be loads of stuff we don’t recognize in there and possibly some stuff that is near and dear will be sorely absent.
See, with my low expectations, I’m bound to be happy! :D

Posted by Fereverto on July 27, 2009, 07:13 PM report to moderator
Harry_frekin_potter_004_thumb
1918 Points

I really hope it’s in the sky!

Posted by DragonFury << ROAR >> on July 27, 2009, 08:13 PM report to moderator
Rainingmen_thumb

I swear to GOD that some fans need to read through ALL OF THE COMMENTS before posting yet another “OMG! I HATE THIS MOVIE ALREADY! THEY AREN”T FLYING!?! I HATE YOU DAVID YATES!!" Because, HELLO, they still need to film the REMAINDER OF THE SCENE (yes, FLYING AND ALL!) IN THE STUDIO!

Sheesh. I don’t know how some of us can repeat it anymore…

Posted by BwaySaint on July 27, 2009, 09:20 PM report to moderator
Avatarhghbp_thumb

BwaySaint you said exactly what i was just thinking, lol. These people who are ranting and raving clearly don’t read any comments before they post their uninformed little rants.

Posted by mouse68 on July 28, 2009, 06:09 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Clues, hints, speculation!!! I LOVE IT!

"I mean, nobody wishes more than I do that it had all been quick and clean, and my head had come off properly, I mean, it would have saved me a great deal of pain and ridicule."