Dan Radcliffe In August Issue of Attitude Magazine

Radcliffe Interviews
Posted by: Edward
July 27, 2009, 04:06 PM

Actor Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) has given a very candid new interview to the UK gay magazine Attitude, which appears in the August issue of the magazine on newsstands now.  The August issue of this magazine features a multi-page photo spread and interview with the actor, which can be seen right here in our Image Galleries courtesy of our Order Partner DanRadcliffe.com.  The BBC has an article online highlighting parts of this interview, incliding Mr. Radcliffe's comments on his loathing of homophobia, as well as his liberal political leanings.  On the subject of homophobia, the actor relates that, "I grew up around gay people entirely. I was the only child in my class who had any experience of homosexuality or anything like that."  In the full interview he goes on to say:

"My dad was an agent and represented Jonathan Harvery who wrote Beautiful Thing so I grew up knowing Jonathan and his partner and it was just never an issue.  Then when you get to that age at school and someone calls you a poof, and you go, "What?"  You go, "Hold on, why is this word being used like this?"  It suddenly became really weird for me to have people around me who were homophobic.  It was a very strange, weird thing. I've always been around gay people."
The interview continues with Mr. Radcliffe speaking on a number of subjects, including politics and getting out the youth vote.  On this subject he says: "It's so important young people learn about politics and vote even if it's a protest vote to make a point.  Not voting is not a protest."  Dan Radcliffe wraps up his interview in Attitude, which a short discussion of his future after the Harry Potter films.  In this section, the actor speaks further to the possibility of playing late photojournalist Dan Eldon in an upcoming project:
"I'm hopefully going to play Dan Eldon,the photojournalist who was stoned to death in Somalia.  I've spoken with his mother and sister and met them.  We need to make sure we get it right and do him real justice."
A caution to parents, as this interview does contain discussion of subjects and language that may not be suitable for younger readers.  The full interview and complete photo spread can be found over in our Image Galleries.

Many thanks to DanRadcliffe.com.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe Interviews News

Rupes_maggie_thumb

i must check this out

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on July 27, 2009, 07:58 PM report to moderator
Img_e015_thumb

He looks totally hot!!!! I love all his interviews.

Posted by laura399 {WBM} on July 27, 2009, 08:20 PM report to moderator

Yeah, I absolutely agree. It doesn’t matter if you agree with Dan or not. I still think it’s admirable that she’s able to say what’s on his mind without any hesitation. He’s so incredibly open and comfortable with his beliefs.

Posted by SwedishSkinJer on July 27, 2009, 08:31 PM report to moderator

Correction:

he’s able to say*

:P

Posted by SwedishSkinJer on July 27, 2009, 08:31 PM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12001 Points

Considering how many gay people don’t announce it, how would most folks know if they were around one or not? Most are just people.

Posted by budgie on July 27, 2009, 10:45 PM report to moderator

He seems like a really nice person, and I’m glad he is expressing his views.

Posted by Wingardium Leviosa ❄WBM❄ on July 27, 2009, 11:53 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_half_blood_prince_1__thumb

He definately speaks his mind

Posted by chanman on July 28, 2009, 12:44 AM report to moderator

What a refreshing view of the world. Kudos to Dan.

Posted by Phylis {ROAR} on July 28, 2009, 12:47 AM report to moderator
Phelpstwins_thumb

I’m so impressed with how eloquent and open-minded Dan, and for that matter most of the HP actors, are. It’s wonderful when you compare them to the likes of Megan Fox et al. This is brilliant.

Posted by deadtree ♥WBM♥ on July 28, 2009, 02:05 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

It’s good that he is so open-mimded.

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on July 28, 2009, 03:59 AM report to moderator
394omggggg--chibi_rei_thumb

The more I read these interviews with Dan, the more I like him. Hell, if he wasn’t 15 years younger than I am, I might even fall for him. He’s bloody brilliant. So eloquent, so wise for someone his age (he really is an old soul in a young man’s body), so kind, so honest and open. How many other young stars — excluding the other young HP actors cause they seem a lot like him — would be willing to speak their mind as openly as Dan does? How many would even accept an interview request from a magazine like Attitude?

Oh and I love it how he still has that very elijahwoody kinda thing going in some of those pics, especially the last one (last in the Leaky Galleries, before the last page of text). :-) I totally fell for Elijah when he played Frodo and it seems that these last Potter films might do the same for Dan. He used to be just this very cute kid, just like Elijah was when he was young, but has grown up to be a very handsome and sexy young man. Again, just like Elijah.

Posted by MischiefManaged on July 28, 2009, 04:39 AM report to moderator
Me_thumb

That’s why so many people are insinuating Dan is gay.. he doesn’t have any qualms regarding the third sex.

WTG Dan…

Posted by alegria35 on July 28, 2009, 05:21 AM report to moderator

ah! I get such a good feeling reading this interview with Dan. May you have a long life and the wife and children you want. Also wish you a fruitful career for us all to enjoy.

Yes, Diamondwings, you are allowed to express your opinion :-)
(Said yet another weird one)

Posted by clauslr on July 28, 2009, 05:22 AM report to moderator
The_one__colored_by_burdge_bug_thumb

That is a really smart interview. I’m slightly blown away by it in a way, coz it’s realyl simliar to my view on things as well.

That picture on the last page of the article, where dan’s head is next to the wall that has a text on it saying something about being wierd, his hair looks great! If only they could use that for potter and not the ridiculous little tuft of fluffly hair bum parted.

Posted by Luce-Lupin !~ROAR~! on July 28, 2009, 05:33 AM report to moderator

Daniel appearing in a gay magazine prepared us for his big announcement…..he’s a Liberal Democrat!

Posted by hereward on July 28, 2009, 06:07 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Has Ron saved a goal yet?" asked Hermione...[br]"Well, he can do it if he doesn't think anyone's watching him," said Fred, rolling his eyes. "So all we have to do is ask the crowd to turn their backs and talk among themselves every time the Quaffle goes