Names Registered for Possible Use at Wizarding World of Harry Potter Theme Park

Fans
July 27, 2009, 04:24 PM

Attractions Magazine has a new article online today, containing some interesting names and trademarked registered by Warner Bros for possible use at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. As readers of this website will long recall, in the past WB has registered a host of names that were never intended to be used for such things as titles of the Harry Potter novels, and we at TLC urge caution before leaping to the conclusion that the following information will indeed be used at the theme park currently under construction at Universal in Orlando, Florida. However the as the magazine reports, these newly registered items include both new and some familiar names. Quotage as follows:

Some of the trademarked names are familiar: Three Broomsticks, Butterbeer, Ollivanders, Honeydukes, and Zonko’s. Those were all choices (some being winners) of past official polls for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Beyond those, six more trademarks may point to other areas of the Wizarding World and could even be the names of the attractions within it:

- Most notably, the name “Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey” is filed under “Entertainment services in the nature of an amusement park ride.” It may be safe to assume that this will be the name of the large new ride that is being constructed in the back of the park.

- Likewise, listed under the same category are “Flight of the Hippogriff” and “Dragon Challenge,” which are likely going to be the new names for the existing Flying Unicorn and Dueling Dragons rides.

- Four other trademark names are also listed. “Owl Post” and “Dervish and Banges” are categorized as retail stores. “Hogsmeade Village” is listed as “Entertainment services in the nature of an amusement park attraction, namely, a themed area.” “Magic Neep” is categorized under “Restaurant services, namely, providing of food and beverages for consumption.”

- Finally, on the same day that all of these were filed, a mark intended for use on clothing was filed featuring an Harry Potter “HP” logo along with a “stylized wing ball” better known to Potter fans as a Golden Snitch. While “Golden Snitch” has had many trademarks filed for in the past few years, this is one appears to be related to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter simply because its filing date is the same as the rest of the words. Perhaps we’ll see this graphic appearing on apparel inside the theme park.

Thanks so much William!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Potterpre3_thumb

I am very excited about this news. Can’t wait until it opens! =) It’s only 20 minutes away from me, so I plan to attend opening weekend.

Posted by Nochthikus Lestrange [FTC!] on July 27, 2009, 07:00 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

!!! oh man i can’t wait for this it’s going to be some awesome andaghhh!! adsljf

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on July 27, 2009, 07:11 PM report to moderator
Umbridge_s_quill_by_seraphsong_thumb

This looks excellent! I can’t wait for Dervish and Banges.

Posted by eowyngirl on July 27, 2009, 07:46 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

can’t wait! :PO)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on July 27, 2009, 08:00 PM report to moderator
Img_e015_thumb

Excellent! I’m exited!

Posted by laura399 {WBM} on July 27, 2009, 08:21 PM report to moderator
Funny-pictures-you-must-answer-riddles-to-pee_thumb

I am so excited to go!

Posted by Jessi on July 27, 2009, 08:24 PM report to moderator
Mac3_thumb
1925 Points

so excited i hope the rides will be cool!! fingers crossed! :)

Posted by Parkinsonpansy on July 27, 2009, 09:23 PM report to moderator
Leaky_ron_icon_thumb
20305 Points

me and my two friends are so going.

Posted by friendofblob on July 27, 2009, 09:25 PM report to moderator
Princess_ariel_thumb

Wow I cannot wait!

Posted by Ariel on July 27, 2009, 09:41 PM report to moderator
Tdh_thumb

yayayay!!! im soo happy for this ride!! Only THREE HOURS AWAY!! I feel sorry for the uk harry potter fans! maybe they’ll make a theme park in europe too!! Im soo lucky that i live near pron the biggest theme park city ever!!

Posted by GinnyWeasley1 on July 27, 2009, 10:16 PM report to moderator
41105_10150254604520192_615620191_14488176_2111077_n_thumb

I can’t wait!!

Posted by placebowiz on July 27, 2009, 11:16 PM report to moderator
148706_thumb

This article just made my day! I am soooo exicted for Harry Potter World – yay!

Posted by Snape's Half-Blood Princess on July 27, 2009, 11:17 PM report to moderator
Avatars_books_bookart_jun_002_thumb

cool. I really want ot go to the opening but idk if I’ll be able to.

Posted by ElVampiro9878 on July 27, 2009, 11:42 PM report to moderator

This parks sounds like it will be amazing! I am so excited for this!

Posted by Wingardium Leviosa ❄WBM❄ on July 27, 2009, 11:57 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_half_blood_prince_1__thumb

I wish i could go

Posted by chanman on July 28, 2009, 12:47 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"You know what?" Ron murmured, looking over at the bar with enthusiasm. "We could order anything we liked in here, I bet that bloke would sell us anything, he wouldn't care. I've always wanted to try firewhisky --"[br]"You -- are -- a -- [i]prefect,"[/i]