Half-Blood Prince Tops UK Box Office, Tops $405 Million Internationally

HBP Film
Posted by: Edward
July 28, 2009, 02:55 PM

The Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince film continues to perform phenomenally well at the box office, for the sixth film came in first place in box office takings for the UK and Ireland this past weekend.  The BBC reports that the film grossed 33 million pounds this past weekend, beating out the Sandra Bullock film The Proposal, and becoming "the biggest UK box office success of the year so far."

A report is also online from ScreenDaily noting that the sixth Potter film has grossed an impressive $405.3 million in its release, helping push gross Warner Bros. international box office takings over $1 billion.  The story continues:

The sixth film in the Potter franchise holds the record for the highest-grossing international opening with $236m, and became one of the fastest films to break the $300m mark — within eight days of release.
This weekend’s estimated gross of $84.4m in 64 markets included the highest Potter opening in Poland ($2m), a new Warner record in Argentina of $1.9m, and the UK adding $8.2m for a new cume of $52.8m, making Potter the top film of 2009 in the Hogwarts-home territory.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Ron1_thumb

Wow.

Posted by Christine on July 28, 2009, 05:03 PM report to moderator
Laughing_dan_thumb
2027 Points

stupid gforce. why dont you just go run on ur exercise wheel and leave us harry potter fans alone, why dontcha?

lol sorry :P

Posted by sunlitdays (ROAR) on July 28, 2009, 05:08 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

hooray! lol i need to go see it again XD

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on July 28, 2009, 05:16 PM report to moderator

It’s so successful, and I hope the DH movies do even better!

Posted by Wingardium Leviosa ❄WBM❄ on July 28, 2009, 05:19 PM report to moderator
12440441_thumb
19573 Points

Yeah to British people! I think j have pairs about £10 towards that. And I am going again. And again!

Posted by R-for-H {ROAR} :D on July 28, 2009, 05:33 PM report to moderator
Rat_ava_2_thumb

Wooo-hooo!! Way to go, Harry! =D

Posted by axlgirl [FTC!] on July 28, 2009, 05:34 PM report to moderator
Fef_efe_thumb

I/ll be giving wb another $8.75 to add to its gross this weekend, lol.

Posted by DilltheMuggle on July 28, 2009, 05:43 PM report to moderator
41105_10150254604520192_615620191_14488176_2111077_n_thumb

cool

Posted by placebowiz on July 28, 2009, 05:50 PM report to moderator
Stag_1__thumb

It’s time for the IMAX and the HBP. Going tommorrow with eight of my friends and famuly. Third time is a charm :)

Posted by doublecore on July 28, 2009, 06:11 PM report to moderator

Yah!!! I ’m hoping to go again next week!

Posted by Phylis {ROAR} on July 28, 2009, 06:26 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

lol! a lot of money again!! i cant believe that in america G-Force is beating it. gosh.

Aberforth_thumb

Just wait though… Titanic and The Dark Knight have had a baby, and its name is The Ugly Truth. Get ready to bow down before this box-office miracle child, my British cousins!

Posted by Squibmeister on July 28, 2009, 06:38 PM report to moderator
Pheonix2_thumb

G-force hasn’t been released in the UK yet, so don’t be so quick to bash American’s for going to see another movie this past weekend. I’m sure the brits will appreciate talking gerbils when it’s released there and knock HBP out of the top spot.

I saw HBP 3x in the US, I did my part.

Posted by Liderc on July 28, 2009, 06:54 PM report to moderator
P1010036_thumb

I too only go to the movies to see HP films. I’ve already gone once at midnight and going to IMAX with family. Then, I’ll see it again by myself. I can’t believe we lost the top spot to Guinea pigs either. Come on HP fans lets put HP back on top this weekend!!!!!

Posted by Tonks1OoM4,CW[ROAR] on July 28, 2009, 07:37 PM report to moderator
Owl_watermelon_thumb

I feel so old. I just don’t understand the appeal of G-Force. That said, HBP is raking in the dough! The movie will probably finish in the $285-300 million range domestically.

Posted by Lucia Meadows on July 28, 2009, 07:48 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"The Marauder's Map. I was in my office examining it --"[br]"You know how to work it?" Harry said suspiciously.[br]"Of course I know how to work it," said Lupin, waving his hand impatiently. "I helped write it. I'm Moony -- that was my friends' nickname f