Emma Watson on Harry Potter author JK Rowling

Watson
July 03, 2009, 07:47 PM

Recently actress Emma Watson was interviewed for the Hero Complex blog where she made new remarks about our favorite author, J.K. Rowling, In the piece Emma speaks of her admiration for the Harry Potter author, and says "We talk, we e-mail each other now,” she said, nodding toward her laptop and that morning’s missive from the woman who is arguably the world’s most famous living young-adult author.“I must admit I still feel quite intimidated by her,” Watson said. “Not because she is actually intimidating, but because I admire her so much, and we have all been such mad fans of the books and her and everything.”

Continuing on about how the cast views JKR, it reads:

To hear cast members tell it, Rowling became like one of the wise old ghosts who populate the fictional wizard academy of Hogwarts — she was a fairly common presence but one that who never failed to startle and amaze.That meant more to Watson, perhaps, than anyone else in the cast and crew. The other lead actors spoke about Rowling in casual terms, but Watson could barely tamp down her awe.“I just really want her to like me,.” Watson said, sounding a bit like the insecure overachiever Hermione. “I’m always really keen to telling her how I feel, and maybe it’s a bit much. She is so down to earth and funny and witty....... I definitely see Hermione in her. She’s genuine and brilliant."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

wow really cool

Apicme_thumb

Thats so awesome! I’m glad that she is so involved with the actors.

Posted by Laurel on July 04, 2009, 12:45 AM report to moderator
Hogwartshouses_thumb

Awww, Emma sounds so sweet. It’s glad she has taken JK as a role model and that they talk frequently.

Posted by Bellamount on July 04, 2009, 01:07 AM report to moderator
Rh_thumb

that is awesome that they keep in contact with her. I am happy to see that Emma appreciates Rowling for being an amazing writer and not just someone who created a story which was turned into a successful movie franchise.

Posted by boona on July 04, 2009, 01:08 AM report to moderator
Img_7524_thumb

Gah, as if I didn’t already want to be Emma Watson…lol

Posted by RavenclawDancer on July 04, 2009, 01:26 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I wish that I were able to communicate with her with such access as Emma is able to…

Posted by Kirk on July 04, 2009, 02:30 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

How nice…

Posted by Won_Two on July 04, 2009, 03:09 AM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

aaawwww!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on July 04, 2009, 04:30 AM report to moderator
Ringtailedcat_thumb

cool interview

Posted by starkitty313 on July 04, 2009, 05:13 AM report to moderator

That’s so cool how she is such a presence in the cast member’s lives and how she is so important to people like Emma

Posted by WolfyWizard on July 04, 2009, 05:58 AM report to moderator

Sweet!

Posted by blackravens on July 04, 2009, 10:19 AM report to moderator

It’s awesome that Emma respects and admires Jo so much. Although I think Dan is the closest to JKR, amongst the cast.

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on July 04, 2009, 10:56 AM report to moderator
Im-with-stupid_thumb

Cute Interview!!

Posted by Sammeh on July 04, 2009, 11:58 AM report to moderator

And if you read that interview carefully, it seems that it was conducted in January 2008. (driving licence)
It´s always amazing how long these things are embargoed before they are published.

Posted by Fonty on July 04, 2009, 12:02 PM report to moderator
The_one__colored_by_burdge_bug_thumb

I like how much they all respect her…they should!

Posted by Luce-Lupin !~ROAR~! on July 04, 2009, 12:21 PM report to moderator

"You're not," he said, his quiet voice full of hatred.[br]"Not what?" snapped Riddle.[br]"Not the greatest sorcerer in the world," said Harry, breathing fast. "Sorry to disappoint you and all that, but the greatest wizard in the world is Albus Dumbledore.