Harry and Twilight, Together Tomorrow at NYPL

Leaky
Posted by: Melissa
July 31, 2009, 10:33 PM

Tomorrow, at the New York Public Library on 42nd Street in Manhattan, there will be a discussion between myself and the webmaster of The Twilight Lexicon on Harry Potter, Twilight, and all things inbetween. It's going to be a lot of fun so if you're in the area (and over 18, as per Children's Lit Cafe organization's rules), come check it out:

Children's Literary Cafe
New York Public Library (42nd Street side, between 5th and 6th Ave)
2pm

Very sorry for the late notice, and I hope to see you there!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Leaky News

Avatar2_thumb

This will be interesting! The best series will win and that series will be HP no problem ! I have read twilight ( boring)Come on HARRY !!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by weasleygirl101(ROAR) on August 01, 2009, 08:54 AM report to moderator
Infinitus_avatar_thumb

This is supposed to be a “discussion between myself (Melissa) and the webmaster of The Twilight Lexicon on Harry Potter, Twilight, and all things inbetween”, not a debate or competition so there will be no winner or loser.

Posted by Miss Freewind on August 01, 2009, 09:31 AM report to moderator
Avatar2_thumb

Oh sorry I thought it was debate ! never mind !!!!!!!!

Posted by weasleygirl101(ROAR) on August 01, 2009, 09:40 AM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

ugh! twilight and harry potter in the same sentence makes me sick! but i hope its recorded i’d LOVE to hear it!

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on August 01, 2009, 10:00 AM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

please PLEASE PLEASE RECORD IT MELISSA! PLEASEEEEEEEE!

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on August 01, 2009, 10:03 AM report to moderator
Celeb-emma-watson-modcloth1_thumb

_

Posted by Allthatsparkles/potters on August 01, 2009, 10:20 AM report to moderator
Celeb-emma-watson-modcloth1_thumb

that should explain everything…

Posted by Allthatsparkles/potters on August 01, 2009, 10:21 AM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

How dare they put that twilight crap together with Harry Potter. There is nothing similiar between them so there would be nothing to discuss.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on August 01, 2009, 10:26 AM report to moderator

I’d be interested in hearing the comparisons between these two books, because other than the fact they are both series, and they both have popular movie adaptations I don’t see it. Wish you could make it a Pottercast…!

Posted by Broomsnitch on August 01, 2009, 10:40 AM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

I think this is a bad idea. Doing this kind of thing on FUELS the constant, senseless comparison of the two books. I don’t think Harry Potter should sink to that level.

Posted by cghambright on August 01, 2009, 10:44 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

I’m sorry, but why in this world is this happening? There should be a discussion on how much better Harry Potter is!

Posted by Christine on August 01, 2009, 11:29 AM report to moderator
Profile_thumb

Oh, I’m there. A battle for the ages…

(Just in case, I’m bringing my recorder)

Posted by Tim Riddle on August 01, 2009, 11:40 AM report to moderator
N1012410067_30004165_424_thumb

Someone needs to video this. I’d love to hear the discussion. If it’s Pel from the Lexicon, I really like her so it should be interesting.

Melissa wouldn’t participate in a debate/bashing session, so it won’t be anything like that, guys.

Posted by Olivia on August 01, 2009, 11:54 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

It must be recorded! (pleeze)…

Posted by Won_Two on August 01, 2009, 12:12 PM report to moderator
Picture_012_thumb

record for pottercast please!

Posted by scottishGirl on August 01, 2009, 02:22 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"I cannot make you take Sirius Black seriously. But I would have thought that what you have heard when the dementors draw near you would have had more of an effect on you. Your parents gave their lives to keep you alive, Harry. A poor way to repay them --