Scholastic Store in NYC to Host Deathly Hallows Paperback Release Party

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
July 04, 2009, 04:13 PM

As readers will recall on Tuesday, July 7th, Scholastic, the US publishers of the Harry Potter series, will at long last release a paperback edition of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. As part of the event, the main Scholastic Store in Soho, New York City will be the site of a release party. Starting at 10:00 am there will be Harry Potter trivia, potions and wand making events, plus fans can enter raffles for the trunk boxset of the Hardcover editions of the series, or a Harry Potter print signed by artist Mary Grandpre. In addition, with every purchase of the DH paperback, you will get a free poster. Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows News

1930 Points

I’m going to be there! Maybe I can convince my parents to take me?

Posted by felixfelicis11 on July 04, 2009, 08:14 PM report to moderator

That is so cool that the are doing that i wish i could go!

Posted by WolfyWizard on July 04, 2009, 08:24 PM report to moderator
Minerva_mcgonagall_thumb

I’m with Hermyone… wish I could get a poster too! Sigh.

Posted by oldenoughtoknowbetter♎ROAR♎OoM1, CW on July 04, 2009, 08:35 PM report to moderator
Daniel_and_lorenzo_-_holding_the_equus_broadway_bear__thumb

Man, I was in that store yesterday!! Too bad I have to work but rather give that up and try to see if I can camp for the HBP red carpet on 7/9 :).

Posted by mariapotter on July 04, 2009, 09:42 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

It is strange that the Hallows is only now coming out in paperback. I think the first two books wwere out in paperback right away.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on July 04, 2009, 10:25 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

Very exciting!

Posted by Girlraven1 on July 04, 2009, 10:40 PM report to moderator
Casey_close_up_thumb

prettygypsy, it all has to do with money. The hardbacks are more expensive and they make more money on them, so they are released first. Then about a year later the paperbacks are released. Hardbacks always come out first.

Posted by JKMcGonagall on July 04, 2009, 11:26 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

The paperback sure took a while… This is great!

Posted by Sir Nicholas on July 05, 2009, 03:32 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I wish that I were there!

Posted by Kirk on July 05, 2009, 04:45 AM report to moderator
Dailyboothedit_thumb
1964 Points

cool, why can’t they do that everywhere??….hmph

Posted by VioletPhoenix*ROAR* on July 05, 2009, 04:46 AM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

Why does the paperback have to come out so much later than the hardback. Youd think the hardback would be out last but its not. I wish i could go to that party. Local bookstores near you may host a party you should check to see. Or you could suggest they have a party. I hope JKR hurries up and finishes that encyclopedia I cant wait to read it.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 05, 2009, 04:51 AM report to moderator
2edxk74_thumb

About time they got that paperback out!

Posted by Maryliz011 on July 05, 2009, 05:00 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

How come it took so long for the US to get a paperback?

Posted by KiwiMcI on July 05, 2009, 05:08 AM report to moderator

OOOooh. I’d looooooove to win that Box Set.

and KiwiMcl, it always does. I’ve never understood why, but it always takes longer to release a paperback.

Posted by prettygypsy2007 on July 05, 2009, 05:32 AM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

cool, i wish i could get a poster with my paperback copy!

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on July 05, 2009, 06:07 AM report to moderator

"HELLO? HELLO? CAN YOU HEAR ME? I -- WANT -- TO -- TALK -- TO -- HARRY -- POTTER!"[br]Ron was yelling so loudly that Uncle Vernon jumped and held the receiver a foot away from his ear, staring at it with an expression of mingled fury and alarm.

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014