Two New Selections for Leaky's Book Clubs

LeakyLounge
Posted by: Edward
July 05, 2009, 09:27 AM

Our two book clubs are ready to start out the month of July with two new selections for you to read and discuss with your fellow Lounge members.  First, the Jane Austen classic Emma is the next selection in our own non-Harry Potter book club: Jo's Book Nook.  With discussion open to all registered Lounge members, this book club delves into a classic novel, dissecting its characters and story, while exploring the major themes of the work.  Explore the many facets of this novel over in Jo's Book Nook right here

Second, our Harry Potter Book Club has begun the reading of the sixth novel in author J. K. Rowling's series, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.  Just in time for the release of the sixth film, this book club will relive Harry's sixth year at Hogwarts, as he comes closer to finding his destiny and batting Lord Voldemort.  Join in with your fellow fans in this most exciting and thoughtful discussion of the book before the film's release on July 15th.  This book discussion is also open to all registered Lounge members and can also be found on our Leaky Lounge forums.

Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyLounge News

Puppet_pals_yes_thumb

I just read HBP again for the movie! I have read it about six times now.

Posted by phoenixes are in ravenclaw on July 05, 2009, 01:55 PM report to moderator
Cropped_thumb

Oh, Yeah I am rereading Hbp too. Thank you , I hope I would be able to visit the forum!!

Posted by ~ Asi ~ on July 05, 2009, 02:59 PM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

ok!

Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

Cool! I’m joining the HBP one :].

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on July 05, 2009, 04:13 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I’ll watch the film without a reread…

Posted by Won_Two on July 05, 2009, 08:10 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I wish that I could join both of these discussions, but I have so many other books that I’d like to reach on my want-to-read list that I am afraid I might not find the time! :(

Posted by Kirk on July 05, 2009, 09:40 PM report to moderator
Img_7118_thumb

I’m in the Lily and Stag, and I thought we were doing OotP. Maybe I’m just really behind in posting. :-(

Posted by gooseywizard on July 06, 2009, 01:07 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

Seeing as how I’m just constantly rereading HP, I can safely say I’ve just read HBP so, it will be fun to discuss it again in the Book Club.
I also love reading the books in Jo’s Book Nook, although I’m really struggling with reading Emma … but, I’ll definitely be there.
Leaky’s book clubs are the best :)

Posted by Moose_Starr on July 06, 2009, 02:26 AM report to moderator
Avatars_books_bookart_jun_002_thumb

I just started to reread HBP! It will be fun to talk about it on the forums!

Posted by ElVampiro9878 on July 06, 2009, 03:34 AM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

I only read Harry Potter.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 06, 2009, 04:31 AM report to moderator
Ball_pic_thumb

I might join in on both, it gives me an excuse to read even more!

Posted by Hopelaa93 on July 06, 2009, 05:09 AM report to moderator

Have attempted to read EMMA once before and failed. Guess will have to give it another go. Have the same difficulty with Shakespear. One ward and up ward.

Posted by hewy on July 06, 2009, 07:06 AM report to moderator
Me_thumb

Hewy – I find that reading the book while discussing it makes it easier for me to keep reading. Join us, you’ll love it.

Posted by Doris on July 06, 2009, 12:58 PM report to moderator

I wish I had time for joining in, but I don’t. Emma is great…I’ve read it a few times, as well as the HP books.

Posted by danaskeeter *ROAR!* on July 06, 2009, 03:26 PM report to moderator

"Harry, I'm sure Dumbledore would [i]want[/i] to be bothered by this --"[br]"Yeah," said Harry, before he could stop himself, "that's the only bit of me Dumbledore cares about, isn't it, my [br]scar?"

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014