Snape Over London: Leicester Square Ready for London Premiere of Half-Blood Prince

HBP Film
July 07, 2009, 07:29 AM

Looming over the skies of London...is Severus Snape! Well more like a poster heralding the premiere of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince which will take place today in Leicester Square, London, England. Crews have been hard at work prepping the area for the event and we now have photos from the scene here thanks to TLC staffer Wendy. REMEMBER: You can watch the premiere LIVE TODAY AT 1:00pm (6 pm GMT) VIA THIS LINK.  Confirmed to attend are the following:
Harry Potter author J.K. ROWLING; actors: Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, Michael Gambon, Alan Rickman, Jim Broadbent, Robbie Coltrane, Helena Bonham Carter, Helen McCrory, Julie Walters, Tom Felton, Bonnie Wright, Evanna Lynch, Matt Lewis, James and Oliver Phelps, Jessie Cave, David Thewlis, Natalia Tena, (possibly Dame Maggie Smith), Hero Finnes Tiffin, director David Yates, producers David Heyman and David Barron with a few surprise guests. STAY TUNED! If you are going, please send in your reports and photos to staff@the-leaky-cauldron.org Have a great time!

UPDATE: The London paper reports that many fans have been camping out all night in anticipation of the premiere today. "Student Samantha Blum, 22, was among six German students first in line. She said: "We got here at 10am on Monday because we are crazy about the film and want to see the stars. I want to see Helena Bonham Carter and get autographs.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

106_4038_thumb

OMG!! awesome!! cant wait for the movie premiere in my country…

FIRST! :D

Posted by gayle.marie [[ ROAR ]] on July 07, 2009, 11:33 AM report to moderator
Dsc00592_thumb

Aww I’m working, with no computer access at that time. :(

Posted by Fuchsia [ROAR!] on July 07, 2009, 11:36 AM report to moderator
Trio_poster_thumb

Wow… It looks amazing… Wish I can be there… It looks absolutely wonderfull!!!

Posted by Petra on July 07, 2009, 11:38 AM report to moderator
The_golden_snitch_thumb

Can’t wait to see the actors at the London premiere live on the internet! It’s 7.00 p.m here in Sweden then.

Posted by hermione97 on July 07, 2009, 11:40 AM report to moderator

The premiere is streaming at 1:00 DST here on the US east coast. I was just in the cafeteria here at work, and the TV there has on CNN. Right now it is pretty much wall-to-wall build up to the Michael Jackson memorial, and I remember that will be at — 1:00 DST here on the US east coast. I don’t know if the memorial will be streamed on the net, too. If so, I wonder if having the two at the same time will affect web traffic.

Posted by zoltan42 on July 07, 2009, 11:44 AM report to moderator
The_one__colored_by_burdge_bug_thumb

when i read that title i was picturing like sky writing or the poster behind a plane…which would have been very very very cool!

Posted by Luce-Lupin !~ROAR~! on July 07, 2009, 11:54 AM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

All I can say is WOW!

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on July 07, 2009, 11:58 AM report to moderator
Hedwig_avatar_thumb

The weather forecast is not very cheerful for today, I think we can expect some rain to dampen proceedings.

Posted by Graymayne on July 07, 2009, 11:58 AM report to moderator
Voorpotter_thumb

Why oh why do they give away Snape’s “true allegiance” in the poster campaign…?

Posted by Joost on July 07, 2009, 12:04 PM report to moderator
Rh7_thumb

is there any sound on the thing i can’t hear anything

Posted by bec majec *roar* on July 07, 2009, 12:16 PM report to moderator

all add me!!!

Posted by #1pottyfan:ROAR! on July 07, 2009, 12:21 PM report to moderator
Andysnowhead2002b1_thumb

Cannot wait for the movie.

Posted by Mugglejeff on July 07, 2009, 12:22 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

Okay – now I’m jealous.

Posted by Girlraven1 on July 07, 2009, 12:24 PM report to moderator
Picture_6_thumb

Oh, that’s so cool, I wish I could have been there so bad!

Posted by Emily [ROAR] on July 07, 2009, 12:35 PM report to moderator
Pic_20_2312ma14060069-0001_thumb

I’m a little mad,this is the same time as the Michael Jackson memorial. I want to watch that too. Wish they could have moved it till tomorrow.It might take away viewers and the movie. HPHBP deserves full attention darnit!

Posted by Dlcohm7 on July 07, 2009, 12:38 PM report to moderator

To the class's horror, Hagrid proceeded to explain that the reason the skrewts had been killing one another was an excess of pent-up energy, and that the solution would be for each student to fix a leash on a skrewt and take it for a short walk.

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014